Post # 1
April 2013 brides are you getting excited yet? The days are moving by soo fast, and I’m getting super excited and trying not to stress out too much. What have you all done so far?
1. What is everyone doing for centerpieces? I still have no idea what I’m doing for them yet, other than wanting lots of pillar candles and pretty floral arrangements…
2. What is everyone doing for favors? I
3. When are you planning to send out your wedding invitations?
Post # 3
For centerpieces I am doing cylinder vases with about 2 inches of black river rocks in the bottom covered in water with a red led light hidden in them and a red rose pomander on top with a hanging crystal hanging from the bottom down into the vase. And I think I am going to wrap some decoratve ribbon around the top and bottom of the vase too.
Favors are a candy bar as well as individual candles in damask votives.
And the invitations are going out sometime this week
Post # 4
I’m doing cherry blossom stems in long skinny vases, and I think I’m doing seed packets for favors.
Still don’t know about the invitations tho! Most people are out of town, but I also sent save the dates! Maybe beginning of Feb. for an April 27 wedding?
Post # 5
We sent our invitations yesterday so things are getting real!
Our centerpieces are ivory and light peach flowers with greenery in julep cups. We might have a few tall arragements, depending on how the RSVPs come back and how many tables we have.
Favors will be pieces of cake in a to-go box. Also doing a canvas OOT bag, so that’s sort of a favor.
Invites sent yesterday, RSVP date is March 6.
Post # 6
I am getting more anxious than excited. But I AM looking forward to the honeymoon.
We are having purple and apple green wildflower-like blooms in mason jars hanging from the pews in the church that will also end up being our centre pieces. Our theme is a bit understated and country inspired.
That being said my fiance is Italian so our favors are two stemless wine glasses with a monogram, our names & wedding date inside an organza wine bag, also with green and purple personalized MnMs.
We are having over 250 people, and most of my side is out of town. We didn’t do save the dates so I sent out the invites just before Christmas and requested RSVPs by Feb 1st. With that many people, we really wanted a more concrete idea of a head count ASAP for our budget. We’ve gotten about a third of the responses so far.
I HIGHLY recommend something I found on pinterest, which is using a black light invisible ink marker to write on the back of response cards, the name of the guest you are sending it to. I saw it, but chose to pass on the extra effort. I just got back a response card which says Guests: 3. No names, no return address. Nothing. So I may have to have Mystery Guest 1, 2 & 3 on my seating plan until they can be identified. Lol.
Post # 7
1. NO IDEA. I am trying to find and hire a wedding planner because I’m so stuck on decorations. And we need a day-of coordinator anyway.
2. No favors… everyone can be satisfied with the food and drinks. And everyone I know just throws the favors out, anyway, unless they’re edible. I’ve started putting together gifts for everyone who has helped out though.
3. We’re planning on sending our invitations out between the beginning and middle of February (aiming on having them all out by Valentine’s Day). Our deadline for the final head count for the venue is March 20, so we are having the RSVP deadline be March 15, because then I have a few days to harrass people if they haven’t replied. I am concerned though because we are getting our STDs and invites from this etsy seller, and she was SO slow on communicating for the STDs – like it seriously took two months. But they’re the only ones my fiance liked. So I am trying to hurry her along with the invitations.
Post # 8
Our centerpeices are glass dishes with lime slices attached to the glass, floating candles and rose petals/flowers surrounding them on the table. Our favors will be handmade soap (which we will be starting soon!) The main things we have left are booking the rehearsal, talking with the DJ and making favors. Invitations will be going out very soon too!!!.
Post # 9
@msvintage: We are pretty much done with everything. We are doing very tall all white centerpieces with hanging crystals and candles. I will insert a picture of them. We are doing red wine bottles as favors (full size). We already sent our invites out two weeks ago and are getting back our rsvps!! Its a lot of fun!!!
Post # 10
@JenniferD: Your centerpieces are gorgeous.
Also FINALLY booked our honeymoon…or minimoon rather. Either way it is finally booked and I am so freaking excited for it. Now to stop slacking and find a good seamstress so I can start setting up my fittings
Post # 11
Post # 12
@JenniferD: OMG your CPs are GORG! How much did one of those babies cost you?
Post # 13
@JenniferD: Hey date twin! I’m sure your guests are going to love your favors. Very pretty centerpieces too! It’s exciting to see all the wedding details coming together.
Post # 14
@msvintage: We paid around $5000 for everything. So I guess the centerpieces were a little over two hundred each. I think it was very reasonable.
@housebee: I cant wait!! We are almost there!! Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather!