(Closed) April 2013 Update

posted 5 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@TwinABee:  Hey, I too am getting married on a cruise ship in April! I got my dress, but I need shoes and also jewelry. However, I would like to give my credit card a break for the rest of the year so I have placed any spending on moratorium for now! I don’t know how I am going to wear my hair either. I think it would look prettier with my hair up but FI hates it up?! 

Post # 4
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@mimi123:  How does your dress look? My dress helped me decide on how I wanted my hair. Because I have a beautiful sweetheart neckline, I wanted to highlight that so I’m wearing an updo (I originally thought I was going to have my hair down).

I’m so ready for the wedding day to get here! I’m at the stage of planning where it’s not really fun anymore, you’re just ready to get it over with! I got my invitations today! I’m so excited to get those over with. The guest list has given me the most headache… actually anything having to do with ppl has given me the most headache!

We’re not having a honeymoon. My job is very demanding and I can’t have a week off 🙁 So maybe another time…

Post # 5
661 posts
Busy bee

@lindseyl06:  Hi Lindsey! My dress is not exactly sweetheart because it’s not scalloped like a heart, but it’s strapless and goes straight across! Here it is! My hair looks ridiculous in this picture because I was wearing it down and the saleswoman asked me to put it up so I did it half assed in a hurry. If you have any advice, please give it! Thanks! 

Just went back down to David’s Bridal today and picked up my shoes–they are 5 inch open toe gold glitter heels! Only $35.00! 

I too am having a problem with the guest list–FI and I are eloping and honeymooning on the cruise first and then we come back and have what was supposed to be a “simple” dinner with family, but I find that the thing is mushrooming so much that we might as well have just had a regular old wedding! We were doing it this wauy with the intention of saving money but now who the hell knows if we will! 

Are you sure you can’t have a week off? Did you ask your boss? My job is demanding also but when I told my boss I really needed time off for various reasons (besides getting married my FI will be moving in with me, etc) and he was surprisingly understanding. 

Post # 6
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@mimi123:  I plan on talking to my boss next month (in Jan). My job is only seasonal and that’s why I don’t think they will be as understanding plus I will have to take off as soon as we start back working.  I’m already sweating bullets to ask for 2 days off for the wedding (the day before and the day of).

That dress is gorgeous and really you can go any way you want with that dress but I immediately thought a romantic loose low updo bun:

Post # 7
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@mimi123:  I think because your dress isn’t so sleek or structured, your hairstyle doesn’t need to be either. You hair needs to be effortless and romantic. That’s what popped into my head but you still have time to commit to a look! Also asking your hairstylist for ideas would be more helpful.

Post # 8
661 posts
Busy bee

@lindseyl06:  Lindsey thank you so much. These are great pictures and I think you’re on the money! I actually just tried on my full bridal outfit again with the veil and I was tying my hair in a similar way and I think this is the way to go! 

Post # 11
661 posts
Busy bee

@TwinABee:  OMG your dress is so gorgeous! LOVE! So dreamy and sophisticated! 

I am sailing on the Prinvess Ruby–leaving from Ft Lauderdale and going to Bahamas, St Maarten, St Thomas, Turks and Caicos. 

Post # 13
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@TwinABee:  OMG your dress is gorgeous! I think you’re on the money with the long twists in a bun… maybe even try long twists in a bun to the side and floral hair accessories:

Post # 14
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@TwinABee:  I don’t know how the rest of the year is going to look for us. We MIGHT can squeeze something in Aug… and that’s a HUGE might. We have 3 kids and their b-days are all back to back (June, July and Aug) plus there’s his family reunion in August and my family reunion in Sept PLUS my b-day is in Sept. I don’t know where to squeeze anything in.

Post # 16
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@TwinABee:  Yes! That’s exactly what I was thinking we might do. Don’t have any regrets girl! That dress is gorgeous! That’s exactly the look I want to go for whenever we have a vow renewal!

The topic ‘April 2013 Update’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors