April 2014 Babies Part 4 – Into the 2nd Trimester!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Thanks for making a new list!!

How far along are you & when are you due? 13 weeks 4 days with a due date of April 13 (my alternative date is April 11, but if it is less an a week’s difference, they don’t change your date)

When is your next appointment(s)? My next appointment won’t be until end of November/first week of December. We will find out the gender and get some scans done.

Weight gain to date? My scale says 4lbs, but the doctor’s scale says I have lost a pound. Who knew I’d ever like their scale better?!

Do you have a nickname for baby? Our dog is called Putz, so the baby is Little Putz although I can’t say I actually call it that a lot.

Baby buys so far? A gender-neutral onsie and some shoes (I bought them for our announcement pic and couldn’t decide between the two si I bought them both)

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! We plan on finding out the gender, and our walls in that room are already mint green, and there is no WAY I am going to repaint, so I am looking at the ideas below depnding on gender and how I feel into the early part of next year.

I’m actually quite a bit more partial to the cirsp red/coral and mint blue/green 🙂

Post # 4
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

How far along are you & when are you due? 15 weeks, 2 days. Due April 1

When is your next appointment(s)? November 11. I just had one yesterday, weeeeeee!

Weight gain to date? 8 lbs. Frownyface.

Do you have a nickname for baby? Everything silly based on ultrasound pictures–hamster, gummy bear, little ducky. Now that he’s (HE’S!) looking like a legit baby in there, I’m going to need a new name.

Baby buys so far? Some boy onesies yesterday, trying to get myself excited about having a boy–and now I am! But what an emotional trip to the mall! 

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!

Post # 6
2174 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Part IV, holy cow!

How far along are you & when are you due? 12 weeks TODAY!  Due 4/24.  Have my NT scan and bloodwork tomorrow, hopefully we are still on target.

When is your next appointment(s)? Tomorrow, NT scan, bloodwork and routine appointment.

Weight gain to date? I’ve lost 12 pounds.  All day nausea/vomiting is a b!tch.

Do you have a nickname for baby? We haven’t really called it anything other than Baby McDonald.

Baby buys so far? Diaper Genie (on sale with bonus pail), Britax travel system ($150 off!) and some clothes, crib sheets and swaddlers on clearance.

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! Navy blue chevron with accents of either hot pink for a girl or red for a boy.  If a boy, we’ll go more in a baseball direction and incorporate the Cubs, our favorite team!

navy chevron curtainsLove the hot pink mirror on the navy wallNursery Art Chevron Butterflies Hot Pink Navy by ZeppiPrints

sports bedroom monogram diy

Post # 7
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

How far along are you & when are you due?  13 weeks and 1 day due April 14-16.  varies everytime I go to the doctor

When is your next appointment(s)?  Nov 4 idk what happens at the appt. ill be 17wks

Weight gain to date?  11 freakin pounds when i went to the doc on Monday!!!

Do you have a nickname for baby?  Jelly bean

Baby buys so far?  NOTHING.. I know I’m horrible 🙁

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!  NONE lol. I know I got to get on it. Hubby and I will probaby (fingers crossed) just be moving into our first house so that’s where all my thoughts have been

Post # 8
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@OldMrsMcDonald:  Love your nursery inspiration! Just being a creep as I’m a late March momma and often creep the April board, where’d you find the Britax system on sale???

Post # 9
1436 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Roll Call!

How far along are you & when are you due? 14+4, April 6

When is your next appointment(s)? October 22, midwife appointment. 

Weight gain to date? About 1.5-2lbs (but I’m overweight to begin with)

Do you have a nickname for baby? Minion (DH vetoed parasite)

Baby buys so far? Shoes for parents announcement pic, a minion onesie from Universal Studios and hubby just got a Toronto Blue Jays tshirt (but the smallest was 12 monhts)

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! None yet … but I’m going to a baby show the weekend of November 8, so maybe I’ll have some inspiration there. 

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/april-2014-babies-into-the-2nd-trimester#ixzz2hKrZFSEi

Post # 10
644 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

How far along are you & when are you due? 15 weeks, 1 day – due April 2

When is your next appointment(s)? 4 and 6 weeks, going for a quad screen and then ultrasound where we can find out gender, not sure if we will or won’t!

Weight gain to date? Down 7 pounds, darn MS 🙁

Do you have a nickname for baby? Not really, just the baby!

Baby buys so far? Nothing so far

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! No plans yet!

Post # 11
2174 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@GardenRose:  Thanks! Kohl’s had a huge baby sale a few weeks ago.  We paid $260 shipped for the B-Agile/B-Safe system after two coupons.  It was a fab deal!

Post # 12
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

How far along are you & when are you due?  13  weeks and 5 days – due April 12!  Original date was April 21, but they changed it to line up with LMP at the last ultrasound.  I am convinced I am having the baby on the 17th. 

When is your next appointment(s)?  October 30 – 16 weeks!  (ish)

Weight gain to date?  down 4 pounds.  I’d like to believe it’s because I’ve been eating so much better, but it’s more likely due to the lack of alcohol! 

Do you have a nickname for baby?  Poppy!  When I first downloaded the babycenter app, the baby was the size of a poppy seed.  Poppy stuck.  And various degrees of Poppy – it’s Poppette when we think it’s a girl. 

Baby buys so far?  little teeny pink silver shoes and little teeny blue converse – I’m DYING to find out the gender!

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!   I pink things like crazy, but we’re currently house hunting, so anything nursery is on hold.  Plus I find myself pinning everything pink, then feeling guilty, and pinning a baseball or giraffe thing haha.

Post # 13
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi ladies early may momma here,  I hope you don’t mind if I pop in to ask you more experienced ladies a question!  I was wondering if anyone experienced any back pain or other discomfort associated with your uterus moving out of your pelvis? Or just this kind of discomfort between 10 and 11 weeks?  

Post # 14
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How far along are you & when are you due?  13w 6d, due April 11

When is your next appointment(s)?  Nov 8 to find out gender!!

Weight gain to date? 2 lbs

Do you have a nickname for baby?  Not really, babe, baby A, or “Him” even tho we have no idea what we’re having.

Baby buys so far? We went a little nutty… crib, crib set/sheets, peg perago stroller, PP car seat, extra car seat base, video baby monitor, swing, bumbo, and a few other small items.

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!  We’re doing elephants… lol that’s all i’ve got!

@MissTatas: I know, so sad 🙁

Post # 15
8592 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Ok I’m ready to play!  I’ve been secretly following along…but here is my long story.

Found out I was pregnant 2 weeks (!!!) before my wedding (and already 7 weeks pregnant).  We were not TTC but due to my own error I got pregnant.  I went off the pill in July as I had run out.  I called to get an extra month but due to being out of town I was a week late on picking them up and just figured I’d go without as I had my annual at the end of July.  So I got my period at the end of July and went back on the pill. 

Well, I had no idea you needed a backup method the first month.  OOPS!  I thought it was wedding stress that made it a little late and me fatigued..but it wasn’t, obviously.  I really didn’t think it was possible for me to be pregnant since we’d had sex all of 2 times in August (each of us out of town for a week during different weeks!).

Since I was going to go off the pill early next year (to regulate) and start TTC around my 30th bday (next June)…it’s a nice surprise.  We both looked at each other and said “well I guess everything works!” as neither of us had an accident before.

We told my parents, his parents, siblings and our very closest friends right away.  But swore them to secrecy otherwise!  Definitely didn’t want everyone focusing on that at the wedding.

One of my close friends also had a surprise (but not really) pregnancy and is about 7 weeks ahead of me, so that’s nice.  We’re both convinced the stress of March Madness will send her into labor. 

After reading people’s stories of missed miscarriages I was pretty uneasy about it until I heard the heartbeat.  I was seriously paranoid that was going to happen to me.  We heard the heartbeat Monday so I’m finally ready to play know that I know it’s alive in there!

How far along are you & when are you due?
11 weeks 5 days, due April 26 based on my LMP.  No dating otherwise as I haven’t had a sono.  Not sure it would be pushed back because I pretty much know the dates we had sex…if anything it could be a week earlier.

When is your next appointment(s)?
10/16 for First Trimester Screen.  11/7 for a checkup and 12/05 for anatomy scan.

Weight gain to date?  My best guess is around 4 lbs

Do you have a nickname for baby? We call it “cub.”  Which is actually what we have been using forever to refer to future children.

Baby buys so far? I bought a an Ergo baby carrier on sale and that has been it.  Waiting until I find out what it is before I buy much.  I did buy myself some maternity work pants though.  Mine are already very fitted so they don’t have any give.  Since it’s getting colder out I can’t stay in my skirts and dresses I’ve been living in.  I’m still okay on my jeans!

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! None yet!  We have a lease on our place until next summer so I don’t see any reason to decorate.  We were planning on buying a house next summer…so that will be interesting with a newborn.

Post # 16
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

How far along are you & when are you due?  14 weeks today, due April 10!

When is your next appointment(s)? October 15th

Weight gain to date? Honestly, I don’t know… I haven’t been paying too much attention to my weight 🙁

Do you have a nickname for baby? Peanut

Baby buys so far? We bought two prints for the nursery at an art festival a few weeks ago.  DH got one with a robot holding a teddy bear and I got one with elephants on it.

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!
DH really has this idea he wants robots, but I want owls: I am planning on this set:

We’re Team Green, so I really like how neutral but cute this one is 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors