April 2014 Babies Part 5 – 20 Down, 20 to Go!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@irin997:  Super cute bump! I am waiting until tomorrow to roll call since tomorrow I can report on the gender, and I will have a nice bump photo (plus I plan on going on a shopping spree with my $100 giftcard from JC Penny lol).

Post # 5
8593 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@irin997:  cute!

How far are along are you & when are you due?  21 weeks 5 days due April 3.

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  I do like that I have had more energy the past 3 weeks.  I was able jog/walk 6.5 miles last Saturday even though it took me an hour and a half.  This past Saturday was too cold (25, felt like under 20 with the wind blowing) and I gave up!  I like feeling baby kick.

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet?  I have a crib and dresser/changer, stroller, carseat, and a playard/portable crib I know I’m getting as an Xmas gift.  A few clothes but nothing else really.  I did pick out a mattress and bedding but haven’t bought it yet.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns?  No but I need a book on the first year of baby’s life because I know very little about babies.

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?   Yes I started feeling kicks at 18 weeks.  DH felt one this past weekend.

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)?  Approx. 12-12.5 lbs.

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?   Yes I bought work pants quite awhile ago and got jeans about a month ago.  I can wear some normal tops but they’re starting to be pulled up too much.  I do have some maternity tanks, athletic pants, and leggings I love.

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?   I haven’t thought about this yet.

BUMP LOVE Photo!:
21 weeks at the gym.  I have a lot more on my camera but this is the first one I finally remembered to take on my phone.

Post # 6
1450 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

ROLL CALL! 

How far are along are you & when are you due? 20w3d 4/12

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  ummmm I’m already starting to get uncomfortable soooo. 😉 feeling her kick is exciting though. 

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? Tons of toys, books, and clothes.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? vaccines. We will be opting out of the hep b at the hospital. And pediatricians. 

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?   Yep. I started feeling distinct kicks around 16w and by 17.5 DH could feel too. Each day they get stronger and yesterdaay she was really kicking. Made DH laugh. 

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)? 4lbs

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?   Just in the last few days. We are visiting family for the holidays and my parents live in a huge city with tons of stores including a gap maternity! Bought tons of stuff. 🙂

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?  II’m pretty good at photography and have nice gear so will probably either do them myself or have DH help.

BUMP LOVE Photo!:

This was from 19w and I haven’t been able to get one this week yet but I definetly popped. Yikes. 

Post # 7
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

How far are along are you & when are you due?  I am 21 weeks 2 days due April 6th.  

What are you loving about your pregnancy?

I am feeling great so far no more morning sickness and Im loving the feeling of my baby kicking lol 

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? So far we have purchase a few baby items, crib, medela breast pump, a few clothes.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns?  As of right now were doing some research on carseats.

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?   Yes I have lol my husband thinks its so cute that shes kicking mommy alot lol

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)?  Um I think I’ve gained around 10 pounds so far. 

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?   Yes since week 16 weeks.

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?  Yes we are and I cannot wait!!  

My Bump Photo!

Post # 9
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

How far are along are you & when are you due? I’ll be 21 weeks on Thursday, and I’m due April 10, 2014.

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  Feeling the baby moving around! It makes me smile every time.

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? We have a crib and dresser and bookshelf for the nursery.  I’m also planning on cloth diapering, so I’ve bought a few different kinds to get a feel for what I like.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? I’ve kind of worn myself out on my research, so I’ve been taking a mini break at this point.

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?   I just started feeling them at the end of last week. I have an anterior placenta according to the ultrasound tech, so she said it might be awhile. They mostly feel like little flutters, and they tickle!

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)?  I think about 10 pounds gained

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?   I probaby should be, but right now I’m getting by with two be-bands and sweatpants when I’m not at work.

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?  My friend is a photographer and she’s trying to talk me into it, but I really feel awkward, so probably not.

BUMP LOVE Photo!:
I’m avoiding pictures, so I don’t have a good one to post :-/

Post # 10
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How far are along are you & when are you due? 21 weeks, 5 days!  Due April 3rd!

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  Bump and the kicks and movement.  Not much else though, I feel worse than my first tri due to aches, pains, daily headaches, and exhaustion.  Also not loving the scare our doctors gave us and now we have a $2000 bill to try and fight with them and insurance over.

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? We have the nursery in progress, though baby will be sharing our room for the first few months and DH still has his upholstery business stuff in the nursery.  We have the car seat, stroller, dresser with changing table, pack and play that will be used as the bassinet in our room, various clothes, diaper bag.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? Not right now.

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?  Yes!!  DH can also feel them and see them from the outside!  I lay on the couch and just stare at my belly moving all evening, hahaha.

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)? No clue, I had lost about 5 pounds in the first trimester and at my last appointment had only gained back 3 or so.  Hoping I have gained more by now but I don’t keep a scale in the house so have to wait until my Dec. 5th appointment.

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?   Yep, my pre-pregnancy pants and jeans still button but the maternity pants are way more comfy and I love the maternity shirts I have!  I am definitely needing more wintery stuff because it’s freaking cold up here now!

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?  Probably not, but we didn’t get professional wedding pics nor did we have an engagement shoot so it might be nice to have some professional pics this time.  

BUMP LOVE Photo!: 

21 week photo 🙂

Post # 11
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How far are along are you & when are you due? 20+4, due April 11

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  I love that I have had more energy the last few weeks, my hair and nails are growin stonger and quick!

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby  yet? Have boughts lots – clothing, crib, crib set, bouncer, mamaroo swing, car seat and 2 bases, stroller, bottles, toys, books, manicure set, video monitor… there is more, but I’m drawing a blank.

Anything you’re currently researching about  pregnancy/newborns? Not currently, need a break, and honestly I feel like so much of this pregnancy info found on the internet is written by some VERY extreme people.  I ask my Dr. if anything.

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?    I have felt flutters a few weeks ago, and a kick or baby brushed up against my tummy, but nothing regular if ever, nothing distinct.

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)?  Up 6 lbs

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?  Shirts yes, pants no.

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos? Haven’t thought much about it.. I guess it will depend how good I think I look at 30 some weeks lol

BUMP LOVE Photo!: (19w)

Post # 12
728 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

How far are along are you & when are you due? 22W2D. Due date is March 30.

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  Feeling her kick and seeing the love and excitement in DH. 

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? We are working on the nursery right now. We have the walls painted and are finishing up the trim tonight! Once it is done, I will start buying stuff.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? I have cronic BV and would like to find natural ways of dealing with it. I am also learning about breast feeding.

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?   I can feel them, but she is too shy to kick when DH has his hand on me.

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)? Doctors appointment tomorrow and I don’t know what my weight will be. As of two weeks ago, I was up 2 pounds.

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?   Definitely! Regular pants don’t fit at all and regular shirts are just too short for my growing boobs and belly.

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?  Still haven’t decided.

BUMP LOVE Photo!:

It’s from a couple weeks ago. We have been lazy and haven’t taken any recently.

Post # 13
683 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

How far are along are you & when are you due? 

21 weeks! due April 7th

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  

I’m loving that i get to take a maternity leave!

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? 

Car seat, clothes, ergobaby carrier and a diaper bag…holding out for great holiday sales!

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? 

nope!

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?   

I think I feel kicks, but no one else can feel it!

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)?

+6lbs

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?   

Yep and have been since 10 weeks!

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?  

Nope!

BUMP LOVE Photo!: I haven’t taken one yet!

Post # 14
2494 posts
Buzzing bee

Yay, new thread! I’ll try and keep up with this one!

How far are along are you & when are you due? 19 weeks today! (According to my O date and midwife, Ultrasound says 19 weeks + 1 day)

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  Everything but the headaches! Other than being excited to meet this little one, I think it’s awesome that I am growing another human!

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? Sort of. Gutted out the room that will be for baby, that was a big job. I have a chair that my parents sent to me that my cat has claimed. I don’t think I’ll truly get into prep mode until after Christmas, partially due to hubby being away on deployment.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? Not at the moment. I have been thinking about buying a book on babies.

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet? May have felt something a few weeks ago but nothing since. Soon, I hope! I saw baby today on my ultrasound and s/he is pretty active in there!

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)? 10 lbs last I checked a few days ago.

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?  Oh yes, I love my maternity pants. The shirts aren’t as critical. I have some but I have some regular ones that still fit. I just started wearing my maternity uniform last week (I’m in the Navy).

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos? Yes! I looove maternity photos!

BUMP LOVE Photo!: Just have a classy mirror photo at the moment. Taking the “official” one later with my real camera!

Post # 15
2494 posts
Buzzing bee

I had my ultrasound today at 19 weeks! Everything looked good as far as I could tell but I have an appointment with my midwife on Thursday and I’ll get the official word. I’ll also get the envelope with the gender and then try to be a good wife and wait till hubby is home in December to open it!

Here’s a couple of photos! 🙂 Baby was very active and kicking, but I haven’t felt anything yet!

And I just think this one is cute and kinda cool, it’s so clear with baby grabbing his/her ankle!

Post # 16
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

How far are along are you & when are you due? 18weeks 1day Due April 28th.

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  Feeling my baby move!

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? Waiting until I find out what I’m having next week.

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? I’ve been looking EVERYWHERE for good info so would love some suggestions from other moms!

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?   I’m feeling what most people describe as flutters at least a couple times a day!

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)? So far I’ve lost 20lbs as of my last doctor appointment (almost 6 weeks ago). My scale is staying consistent with that but I’ll see at my next doctors appointment.

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet?  My maternity jeans are the only jeans that fit me! My shirts still fit for the most part.

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos? We just got married so probably not. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors