April 2014 Babies Part 6…on our way to theThird Trimester …Yeah!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
898 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?

Well, for one, he proposed to me on the 5th! That was pretty spectacular! He has really been incredible with my mood swings and now my inability to get tons of things done due to being huge and tired and uncomfy all the time.

What are you most excited about?

Seeing my daughter for the first time and finding out what she looks like, and also seeing FI hold her and become a father.

Have you learned anything new about pregnancy or your body in the second trimester that you didn’t know in your first?

I didn’t know I could hurt in places like this, I have horrible lower pubic bone pain from the elastin making my ligaments stretchy now.. I also am just an emotional nutcase.

What shoes are you wearing right now?

The only shoes that really even FIT me are my sneakers because my ligaments in my feet have made my feet ridiculously wide and huge 🙁

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:

Hmm… I met my FI on an online dating website! That’s a pretty funny fact, I guess. Also, I LOVE to ride horses.

Post # 5
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Questions for fun:

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?

He tries, but he’s not that good about stuff to be honest.  If I ask for anything, he will do it, so that’s really nice.  I do wish he would do some more stuff unprompted though.

Watching my son see his little brother or sister!

Have you learned anything new about pregnancy or your body in the second trimester that you didn’t know in your first?

I am so shocked at the differences between this pregnancy and my first.  With my son I had to shave my legs like twice a day lol, with this one, I cna go a week before I have too much stubble.  Also I learned I need to lay off the carbs lol.

Fuzzy socks and Sonoma slippers over them

I am pretty obsessed with reality tv!  I’m sad that Amazing Race, Survivor, etc are all over for the season. I am also pretty obsessed with the Hunger Games and I thought the new movie was awesome 🙂 

Oh and baby related, I will be having a scheduled c-section (though not scheduled yet) because I had an emergency c-section with my first and I am not a good candidate for VBAC.

Post # 6
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

DH has been amazing!!  He cooks for me every night, tells me not to worry about my own separate bills because I’ve been out of work so much, makes sure my water is always full, puts up with all my baby shopping, tells me all the time how cute and beautiful I look and how sexy (hehe) my baby belly is.  He is also doing a lot more cleaning around the house, especially since I need to be off my feet quite a bit.

Omigosh I’m just so so so excited to finally have him here!!!  It’s so close yet so far!!  I am actually oddly excited about giving birth, too.

I had a physical therapy evaluation today, and apparently I have one leg shorter than the other, never knew that!  Before I got pregnant, I never really thought about how cool feeling baby move and feeling his hiccups would be, but I am just constantly in awe about how dang cool it is!!!

None at the moment!  Haha.  But really, I pretty much wear snow boots everywhere because there is always at least 3 feet of snow on the ground.  My go-to work shoes pre-pregnancy were my Toms, but they were bugging me the other day so I might have to invest in something with more support. 🙁

I am a violinist, I have a ball python, I breed guppies as a fun winter hobby, I love mountaineering and hiking, and I met DH on World of Warcraft!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/april-2014-babies-part-6on-our-way-to-thethird-trimester-yeah#ixzz2pmXsIlQ8

Post # 7
898 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

28 week bump pic for you ladies and I got brave and bared the belly! I look HUGE! I love it though, I feel very confident (which is obvious lol)

Post # 8
1081 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@ladeeeda:  Wow mama you beat me to it!  🙂

@quierajen:  YAY congratulations!!!

Questions for fun:

DH is pretty awesome as it is as far as doing things around the house.  He’s even more attentive now to what I may need. 

Finally finding out what this baby is….I freaking can’t wait!!!  I can’t wait to meet our baby.  And I already start to cry thinking about seeing DH with our baby and DD12 meeting her little brother or sister.

Whew the differences from this pregnancy to the last one over 12 years are quite different.  I went into having more children thinking I’d be safe from pregnancy nausea (HA) and that it would be just like the first.  I’ve experienced a decent amount of heartburn since week 10 and I’ve actually gotten a lot better about the weight I’ve gained.  I’ve been way more nervous with this pregnancy than the last as far as early on and fear of miscarrying as well as if I don’t feel baby move for a while, etc.  As uncomfy as I already am, I do love being pregnant now that I feel the baby all the time.  

Ballet flats which are intermittantly kicked off under my desk.  

I love to snowboard and am so so sad that we won’t be able to take our annual ski/snowboard trip.  I am obsessed with HGTV shows like House Hunters, Property Brothers, and My First Place.  I really wish I could cook like the chefs on the show Chopped and have seriously thought about taking some cooking classes.  I have a love/hate relationship with working out.  

Post # 9
1081 posts
Bumble bee

Oh and here we are at 27 weeks today!

Post # 10
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@ladeeeda:  Thanks for starting the thread!!

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond? With the ice and cold temps, he has been making me wear ice cleats on my shoes every day. He won’t let me help with lifting anything, even if it is light. He has seriously been my emotional rock too. December was very rough for me, and he has been there every step of the way to help me relax, whether that’s a massage, getting me water, taking care of the dog all on his own, or just making sure everyone gives me space.

What are you most excited about? Of course to have little man here! I am really looking forward to see DH as a dad. He’s going to be such a good father, and his enthusiasm is infectious. I can’t wait to photograph the first time he holds his son and truly looks into his eyes.

Have you learned anything new about pregnancy or your body in the second trimester that you didn’t know in your first? I am amazed at how quickly I started growing (or baby), and how in just a quick instant I started feeling strong movement. I am also surprised at how much harder emotions are to control this trimester than the first. The second has not been easy.

What shoes are you wearing right now? I am still wearing my awesome Asics, but I can no longer just slip them on without untying them. However, after a long day, even if all I do is sit, I wear these stretchy slipper socks at home to give my toes wiggle room to keep from swelling and keep my feet warm.

Tell us something we don’t already know about you: Baby related: I have never changed a diaper in my life, and neither has DH. Non-baby related: I used to hate hunting and fishing, but thanks to my DH, I am now an avid sportswoman. I love it. Also January 14 is my 4 year dating anniversary with DH. We met on eHarmony, and 3 days after establishing a relationship he hit my car, lol.

Post # 11
1081 posts
Bumble bee

@quierajen:  @JediAshley:  @megz06:  That’s pretty cool you all met your OH online!  I tried online dating very unsuccessfully for about a year and a half and then I met DH (through friends!).  I like to say I went on a lot of first dates, not many 2nd dates lol.  

Post # 12
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

He’s been so gung-ho about painting the baby’s room and decorating and finishing up other house projects. I feel so googly-eyed in love with him lately 🙂

Seeing what baby looks like. Telling everyone his name (since people are relentless, but DH is adamant about not sharing yet). 

Sidenote: We had our BFFs over this weekend. They have an 8 month old, and my girlfriend said, “I can’t believe pretty soon we’ll be having dinner at one of our houses, and then putting our babies in the bathtub together.” It made me so happy, and grateful to have her and that our kid will have (hopefully!) a built-in best friend while they’re so little. It did make me laugh when BFF’s husband said (to their baby daughter), “What?! You can’t see boys naked!”

I learned that shortness of breath is kind of a scary thing, but that you just have to get used it.

Brown boots.

I love beer! It’s been easy not drinking, but I do miss tasting new beers on the weekends when we go out. We (as a family of THREE!) will be going to Portland for a wedding this summer, and we’re having so much fun researching different breweries up there. I don’t know if I’d call it a hobby, but it’s something fun DH and enjoy doing together.

Post # 13
1817 posts
Buzzing bee

I dont think there is anything that my husband hasn’t done for me. Since I’ve been on bedrest he has visited me everyday bringing me fresh laundry and helping me get dressed since I can’t move my body as ‘aggressive’ as I need to. He is supportive when I’m stressed about the boys and gets disappointed when he has to leave to go to work. He is my rock and he is the reason why I am doing so well on bed rest.

I’m really excited to meet my boys. They have such distinct personalities from each other I have to laugh. It is the one thing that I really really enjoy about having twins. They are so different from each other!

Holy crap pregnancy is full of a lot more fluids than I ever imagined. This might be TMI here so I apologize, but since I’m dilated I can no longer form a mucus plug…thus all the mucus ends up in my underwear. I thank my husband so much for washing my underwear for me. I’m embarassed about it, but he says its natural and he just wont go around sniffing my panties anymore. 🙂

Yea I’m barefoot. But I’m still not swollen like so many people predicted I would be.

I’m scared shitless of newborns. I haven’t grown up around babies and I have never been one to insist on holding a baby. In fact I avoid it like the plague. So this will be interesting.

Post # 14
1817 posts
Buzzing bee

@megz06:  Yea I have never changed a diaper either. Nor have a really been around babies. I’m scared lol

Post # 15
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Hippos:  And to think you have double the duty…however, I hear thought very reliable sources that we will just know what to do. Also, I figuyre, if the worst thing that happens to my child is his diaper falls off because I suck at putting it on, I must be doing an ok job, lol.

Post # 16
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@quierajen:  congratulations!  set a date yet?

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?  He doesn’t really do anything unless asked, but I never really ask, so I guess I can’t complain.  He does get all choked up at every ultrasound, which I love.  

What are you most excited about?  We just got the new house, so I can’t wait to nest and decorate her nursery!

Have you learned anything new about pregnancy or your body in the second trimester that you didn’t know in your first?  The hair growth is out of control!!!!  The hair on my head looks awesome, but everywhere else, I’m hitting Sasquatch levels.  

What shoes are you wearing right now?  Uggs

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:  I’m a vegetarian.  I was wondering if I would crave meat at all during this pregnancy, but nope! Just pizza and french toast 🙂

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/april-2014-babies-part-6on-our-way-to-thethird-trimester-yeah#ixzz2ppUOs4lr

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors