April 2014 Babies, Part Two!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 5
2174 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hooray!

How far along are you & when are you due?  4 wks + 1 day according to O, Fertility Friend and LMP.  

When is your next appointment?  We see the OBGYN for our first appointment on September 9, when I will be 7wks + 4 days

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?  As soon as we possibly can!  I’m *that* person.

What are your current symptoms?  Ugh… nausea, food aversions, sore/growing boobs, fatigue, gas.  I overall feel crummy.

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet?  My husband, best friend, mom, dad and sister.  We’ll tell DH’s family next weekend.  Other than that, we plan to keep it under wraps until 10-12 weeks, with the exception being my boss, if illness gets to be too much.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?)  I had a plan, but not sure if it will work, since the shirt I ordered is already tight!  We are huge Cubs fans, and DH’s “we’re pregnant” present was a Cubs shirt that says “DAD” on the back.  I found a “MOM” one and ordered it with a onesie, thought it would make for a cute pic, with the caption “Joining the team in April 2014!”.  Not sure if it will work now!

Post # 6
2174 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

How is everyone feeling today?  I’m ok but not stellar.

I was pretty nauseous all day yesterday and puked twice. Today, I thought I didn’t feel sick at all, but NOTHING sounded at all like anything I wanted to eat, which has been a problem all week. I wasn’t nauseous until I ate lunch– I forced down a plain chicken and cheese quesadilla and now feel like crap. I’m trying to drink as much water as I can, but even that makes me queasy now. I have some ginger pills at home I need to start taking, and I’m tonight I’m going to buy some B6 and Pepcid A/C at the suggestion of my sister.

Unrelated: Is anyone else paranoid about gestational diabetes? My sister had it, along with pre-eclampsia, and I am really not trying to go down that road. I know being overweight and having it in my family, I am predisposed, but I just don’t know enough about the right balances of food to eat correctly right now. Most proteins I would gravitate towards (greek yogurt, egg whites, meat) sound absolutely terrible right now, so I feel stuck! Ugh.

Post # 7
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Roll Call!

How far along are you & when are you due?  5w 4d. Due: April 12th based on LMP

When is your next appointment? September 4th. Can’t wait!!!!!

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? during pregnancy

What are your current symptoms? gassy (yuck) sore boobs sometimes, very tired especially now that I’m back teaching and can’t get my nap 🙂

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet? both sets of parents, some teacher friends at work, one of my  long time friends, and my chiropractor (I was worried about  squishing my bean lol). For the rest I’m at minimum going to wait until after my September appt.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?)

I will prob put something online. 

Post # 9
649 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

How far along are you & when are you due? 7w3d, due April 1

When is your next appointment? September 4 for first OB appt and ultrasound.

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? ASAP! In fact, I wish I knew right now…

What are your current symptoms? all day nausea (only occasional vomiting) and food aversions, heartburn, heightened sense of smell, cramps, sore breasts, fatigueeee!!.

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet? Parents and siblings, my 2 best friends (and their husbands), my supervisor and 2 coworkers. We’re waiting until the 10 week ultrasound to tell relatives and other friends.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?) Probably nothing particularly cute or creative, but I shall look to this board for ideas 🙂

Post # 10
1817 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

**I’m so late to the party!**

How far along are you & when are you due? I am only about 6 weeks and due sometime in April, I have my first ultrasound/appointment on August 27th!

When is your next appointment? Oh umm August 27th haha

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? Def finding out the sex before, I am too nosy of a person to not know…I so wish I was strong enough to know!

What are your current symptoms? So freaking tired! I cannot believe how fatigued I am! Other than that I am a lot more hungry than I usually am, which is kind of annoying since I work in an O.R. and can’t exactly eat while working and I also need to pee a lot….so much pee.

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet? So far just my husband and my boss we plan on letting our families know starting in a couple of weeks. So excited!

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?) For our close family and friends we made them each a onesie to open:

Not sure how we will annonce it on FB land…

Post # 11
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

How far along are you & when are you due?  I’m due April 10 according to my last period.  I’m 6 weeks and 1 day.

When is your next appointment?  Supposed to be August 27, but I have to reschedule because of work

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?  Delivery

What are your current symptoms?  I got super nauseauted at dinner last night, and I have been sort of sore and tired.

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet?  Husband. We are going to try to wait until 12 weeks to tell family.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?)  Probably won’t. I will probably let our parents spread word of mouth to other family, but I’m not going to talk about it on Facebook.

Post # 12
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Roll Call!

thanks for starting the 2nd thread!

How far along are you & when are you due?
6 weeks and 1 day 🙂 I am due April 4th judging by when I ovulated…next appointment will confirm that.

When is your next appointment?
September 17th, counting down to seeing something more real on that screen!

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? Will definitely be finding out the gender!

What are your current symptoms? Glad everyone else is experiencing this also, GAS. Oh dear lord the gas. I keep excusing myself from the room. I am a bloated, burping, farting mess, it’s very attractive! I feel generally ‘weird’, toothpaste makes me gag, I have changed brands 3 times but nothing helps, I don’t vomit but feel nauseous in the mornings…..boobs=ouch! Not complaining just experiencing quite a few symptoms over here!! lol

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet?
My collegue (also close friend) knows, and my best friend- other than that I’m waiting for the next scan to let family know.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?)
Still working on this one…..for us it’s important to do something original!

Post # 13
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I have a question ladies…I just realised that this weekend we had booked a paragliding experience. We booked this ages ago, I completely forgot about it! It is with a guide as we have never done this before. The altitude is under 3000m. It is one flight that lasts about 15 minutes.
I know normally this is a no no for pregnancy right? I can imagine if you have a belly etc it is dangerous but  If you are 6 weeks is it still a major risk? I guess I just feel invinsible because I don’t look pregnant yet…I really want to go… I think I’ll my doctor and see what he says but I’m thinking I will have to cancel, what would you do?

Post # 14
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@ANewMrs:  

According to fertilityfriend I’m about 6 weeks along with a due date of April 10

This Thursday is my first appointment

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?

During pregnancy

What are your current symptoms?

Tender breasts, lightheadedness, intermittent nausea, and I can’t tolerate even simple walking around like I used to.  My resting heart rate is definitely up.

Husband.  It’s not going well so far, but hopefully will get better. I’m debating telling my mom and dad tomorrow before I leave.

I will tell close friends in person.  I don’t think I’ll really “go public”.  Eventually I will have to notify my employer so that’s when everyone there will find out.

Post # 15
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@swissbride:  that’s a toughie!!  I think I’d cancel because I’d never forgive myself if something happened. 

Post # 16
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

5w1d, EDD April 17th!

My first appointment is Sept 9th. It was supposed to be a week later but they squeezed me in earlier thankfully! I’m so nervous/anxious/excited!

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?

DH and I will probably find out during pregnancy but we haven’t decided if we want to tell friends and family the sex before delivery. We think it might be fun to keep it a secret until delivery! Not sure yet though… I might be too excited to hold it in.

What are your current symptoms?

Cramps, bloating, a little bit of queasiness but nothing too extreme yet. I’ve been getting random chills too. 

Just DH and my BFFL!  We’re waiting until after our first appointment to tell both sets of parents(~9 weeks). Then after 12 weeks to go public. 

We haven’t decided yet! I’ve been scouring Pinterest for cute ideas. I saw one that made me laugh:  it was a pic of mom-to-be holding her bikini and dad-to-be holding his Xbox and it was captioned “Will sell or trade for crib” and I thought it was hilarious. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors