April 2014 brides??? Nerves!!!

posted 3 years ago in April 2014
Post # 3
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Mine’s April 27! Our planning has gone very smoothly so far and I’m not as stressed as I feel I should be. Just a little antsy to find out who’s coming and who’s not! Congrats to all the April 2014 brides! 🙂 

Post # 4
292 posts
Helper bee

April 5th here! No nerves just sooooooooo excited!!! 🙂 8 weeks this Saturday!! Eeeeek!!

Post # 7
225 posts
Helper bee

Having mine April 12th.  YES I am getting nervous.  We don’t have our florist in writing yet, and I am STILL waiting on RSVPs!  I will be calling folks in two weeks for the final count if they have not sent in their RSVP yet.  

I wish I could say I haven’t had any bumps in the road yet!  My grandma wants to wear all black because “Its the only color that is flattering” for her, even though I bought her a cream pantsuit – ugh!

Water heater blew up a few weeks ago – $800
Car problems – $600 

I’m looking forward to more fun things to work through!  Ha! 

Post # 8
156 posts
Blushing bee

April 19th here.  Lil stressed but mostly excited. 

My bakery apparently fled the state and stole deposits (ours included) but sent an email claiming they will follow thru with all current orders.  Don’t really know what to do about that one.

Other than that, just waiting on RSVPs to come back and a few little odds and ends to take care of 🙂

Post # 11
922 posts
Busy bee

I am trying very hard to avoid freakouts! We just mailed out invites last week, got caterer, venue, and photographer paid off, and my dress should be in this week. 

The only things left are decor details and dessert. I think I’m in good shape.

@distressddamsel:  Yay, another date twin!!

Post # 12
38 posts
Newbee

Date twins, I’m April 26th too! I’m so excited already! I do need to do some RSVP-chasing which is annoying as we gave people loads of time to respond, but other than that everything’s been going really well. I had my hair and makeup trial the other week and paid the deposit with the bakery, so all our vendors are confirmed now!

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee

@Mrsderoo42614:  No, we just sent out our save-the-dates a couple weeks ago! We’ll probably send out invites at the end of February. Have you sent yours? Cannoli donuts sound amazing!!

Post # 15
92 posts
Worker bee

I’m April 26th too!!!  I am so excited but also starting to panic a little bit.  Our planning has gone relatively smoothly except for a few kinks with the church, which I think we got figured out.  But I can’t believe how fast time is going by now.  It seems like just yesterday I had over a year to plan and now we are getting down to the small details and I’m terrified I’m going to forget something!  I am waiting until next week to mail out my invites.

Post # 16
374 posts
Helper bee

@Mrsderoo42614:  Haha, ordering stamps online takes forever! We also were all ready to send out invitations but were waiting on stamps for awhile. They’re out now though!

We’ve lost two organists so far and don’t currently have one (so if anyone knows someone who plays the organ in the bay area….). Also, I got intestinal spasms caused by stress the week before last. I’m blaming it mostly on work, but I’m sure the wedding played a part too. But severe abdominal pain and no appetite certainly helps with the diet!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors