April 2014 brides: So scared I'm behind!

posted 3 years ago in April 2014
Post # 3
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@ksus07:  Girl….I am getting married on May 3 and all we have done is book the church and reception venue (they do the catering, so technically that is ‘booked’, though we haven’t decided on a menu).  So, in my opinion you are most certainly not behind!!!  Our current tasks are photographer and band research, and I’ll be going dress shopping the first weekend in October.  I don’t think you’re behind at all 🙂

Post # 4
5087 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

We’ve only just decided to move our date to April ’14. All we’ve done is get bm dresses. 

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

We’re having an untraditional wedding, no guests to cater to, so don’t need to organise too much. 

Done so far:

* booked ceremony venue

* booked photographer

* booked private dinner for two

* made my own silk flower bouquet

* downpayment on the dress

* booked honeymoon hotel/flights

To do:

* buy suit

* buy rings

* book hairstylist

* optional book videographer

I’m sure I’m forgetting something….

Post # 6
224 posts
Helper bee

@ksus07:  I don’t think you are far behind…I haven’t done alot of the things you have, but have already crossed off some things you haven’t. it will all come together 🙂

Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee

@ksus07:  Date twin! I think you’re doing just fine. My to-do list looks about the same as yours, except that I’ve got my dress. You’ve got all the big things done, so no worries. Only 214 days to go – plenty of time to get everything done!

Post # 8
5087 posts
Bee Keeper

I forgot we’ve booked the photographer as well. My jewellery is sorted too. We’ve found James’ waistcoat & cravat online today. We are seeing a venue on Wednesday. Yippee! We’ve also got our engagement shoot on Thursday. 

Post # 9
94 posts
Worker bee

@ksus07:  I’m right about where you are except I haven’t yet booked flowers or a cake 🙂 I would say the MOST important things to do right away are buy a dress and book hair and makeup.  If you’re planning on ordering a dress (I bought a sample off the rack so I wouldn’t have to worry about timing) it can take 6-8 months to get the dress in and then you have to have it altered, so do that ASAP!! 

You’d also be amazed how quickly hair stylists and makeup artists get booked.  Our wedding is on a Friday so I got lucky with the hair/makeup person I chose being available, but I contacted several who were already booked for my date.  Good luck! It’ll be here before we know it!! 🙂

Post # 10
5087 posts
Bee Keeper

Today we sorted the budget, cake, pashminas for my bm’s & the photobooth. I also got my nails done for our engagement photos on Thursday. Tomorrow we are checking out a venue & I’m sorting out my make-up appointment & hair appointment for Thursday as I want to look my best for our photos. 

Post # 11
968 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting nervous about BM dresses! Not sure what the turnaround is like for those.. hoping to set up a time sometime next month to go to David’s Bridal or something? 

Post # 12
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@sugarcube:  it depends what style you order. They told me mine would take about 4-6 weeks

Post # 13
968 posts
Busy bee

@Mick26:  Oh good! so for an april wedding, I still have plenty of time 🙂 

Post # 14
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@sugarcube:  yep!! And don’t worry I didn’t even order mine yet lol!

Post # 15
5087 posts
Bee Keeper

We picked up the bridesmaids dresses today for the 2 moh’s. We also chose & paid deposits on our rings. I’m amazed at how it’s coming together so fast. 

Post # 16
30 posts
Newbee

Wedding date is April 26, 2014

Things I have finished:

Bought my wedding dress

Booked photographer

Working on my bouquet (making a brooch bouquet)

Booked the venue/reception area

Florist

Caterer (menu has been decided on)

Favors (making a recipe book from family and friends recipes to give out in a hard bound book)

Booked DJ

Booked Minister

Save the dates

Decided on cake design and found cake baker

Gathered all the decorations

Jewelry (wearing my grandmother’s crystal necklace and earrings)

Guest book (fingerprint canvas)

Bought ring bearer’s tux 

Cake topper

I think that I have it all here but probably not. 

Still left to do:

Bridesmaids dress

Bridesmaid’s bouquets

Boutonnieres for the groom and his groomsmen

Buy shoes

Design the invitations & RSVPs

There is probably more that I am forgetting here.

I am worried!!! Now I am a little worried that I have a thousand miles to go!!! UGH!! At least we have a few months to get it all done! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors