April 2015 brides!

posted 2 years ago in April 2015
Post # 2
716 posts
Busy bee

Hello date twin!

Why are you feeling rushed?  I pretty much have done what you have done.  What are you feeling stressed about?

As for the Royal Baby, lol, I wouldn’t worry that’ll steal your thunder.  So maybe people will get a push notification on their phone that they’ll see and quickly dismiss.  No worries.

Post # 4
13 posts
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Vintage Movie Theater

April 25 too!

Things are slowly coming together?  It’s weird, it feels so far away, but so close!

I had to LOL at the Royal Baby comment because I totally sent my friend the link with a comment about the baby coming on the wedding day and nobody caring about the wedding, including me!

Post # 5
716 posts
Busy bee

Well, if it makes you feel better, we don’t have invitations yet either. I’m planning to send mine out after Valentines’ Day, so assuming you need 8 weeks to order, get calligraphy done (if you’re doing that), etc. I think as long as you order by mid-December, you’re fine.

As for decorations, keep it simple, why burden yourself. I’m not doing much DIY, it’s not in my personality. Taking care of decorations for me basically consisted of hiring the florist and chosing a centerpiece. Try to keep it simple.

Other than invitations, we still don’t have wedding rings, bridal party attire, programs or favors. Sounds like you’re ahead of me on the bridal party.

On the baby, when you know you’ll be able to see everything in replay on the Internet, so no worries.

Post # 7
716 posts
Busy bee

Wilson2Bee:  Aww, you’re sweet.  Weddings are meant to be fun, not stressful.

I feel like the problem is all of these websites and magazines with their timelines.  I feel like everytime I look at one of those, the to-dos get pushed earlier and earlier.  Well, yea, there are things you certainly can do 12 months in advance, but that doesn’t mean that it’s necessary.  For example, most of these say 6 months in advance for invitations.  Why when you send them out 6-8 weeks in advance and most are ordered via the Internet with a <1 week turnaround?!?!?!?!

Post # 8
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Ughhh! Im in the same boat! I feel like there isn’t much that actually can be done right now since it’s so early, but I think after the new year, everything will get kicked into high gear! congrats and good luck to you and your planning!

Post # 10
151 posts
Blushing bee

Yay ours is April 25th too!  I just met with my florist a couple of hours ago and we set up a budget and went over the basics.  We are speaking with the cake lady Sunday.  Last weekend our first payment for the reception venue was due and we also spoke with the caterer.  Things really got moving these last two weeks.  Also, we ordered bridesmaid dresses a month ago.

Next steps: honeymoon planning and figuring out what my fiance and his groomsmen will wear

Post # 11
232 posts
Helper bee

I’m the 25th too. Didn’t know anything about the baby but doubt anyone I know will care.

Post # 12
102 posts
Blushing bee

Date twin here too :).

Done/booked so far: Venue – food and drink incl, dress, flowers, cupcakes, invites ordered, hair dresser and make up artist, photographer, booking honeymoon tomorrow and that’s all thats all for now. 

The guy who made my engagement ring custom is doig our wedding bands – just a matter of going to see him in the new year. Have to get some accessories, find a necklace I’m not allergic to, order some stuff off etsy (guest “book”, dress hanger, table numbers, cars box). Ordering some table runners offline. Grooms suit will be from moores (purchasing) 6-8 weeks pre wedding. Hotel chosen for the night before. 

Stop stressing 🙂 it is supposed to be fun and I had no idea about the royal baby and could care less. I have been having so much fun I wish there was more I could do. I’m a super laid back person though but organized – no stress here, feel like I’m on top of everything. Small wedding 40-50 people.. But still having so much fun with this. 

I wish it were sooner as we are so excited. Its all coming together!

Post # 13
1241 posts
Bumble bee

Also April 25

I’ve got just about everything done. Just need to order the invites, programs, the wandy things, get alterations on my dress, and I’m done. I’ve been working around my FI’s school schedule and such, so I had to do stuff early.

I’m not stressed at all about the baby..I think it would be kinda neat.

Post # 14
83 posts
Worker bee

April 25th too!!

I got the venue, florist, dj, photographer and I have my first makeup trial this weekend. But I still have to get invitations, bridesmaid dresses, grooms, attend food tasting, book room blocks, get accessories, book hair stylist, etc… Good thing I have a wedding planner to keep me on track because I will drown in all of the details lol

Post # 15
761 posts
Busy bee

Updates? How’s it going? Major conflicts between Christmas & wedding planning at this point?

I oscillate between being satisfied with how things are coming along, and being incredibly scared that I’m forgetting things and won’t remember until too late and then the wedding will be chaos. 

Things that are (mostly) done: save the dates (sent), invitations (am slowly working my way through hand-addressing & will send in Jan), ceremony + reception venue, officiant, caterer, photographer, my dress, bridesmaids gifts

Things that are in progress or planned: meeting with florist, meeting with cake/cupcake lady, makeup trial, hair trial, my jewelery + veil + etc., ceremony decorations, engagement photos (finally!! taking them in two weeks), bridesmaids dresses (getting their own mismatched), groomsmen attire

Things that need to be done: groom’s suit, rehearsal dinner catering food order, rental chairs + tent for ceremony, programs, purchasing supplies for the s’mores fire pit and the candy bar, purchasing alcohol, guest book, iPod DJ (FI used to be a DJ, he’s going to make a pre-DJ-‘d mix), market lights… and probably a lot of things I’m forgetting. 

December’s going to be over before we know it and then it’s countdown time!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors