April 2015 Brides… Invitations?

posted 2 years ago in April 2015
Post # 2
1028 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I have read that it shouldn’t be any more than 2-3 months out but for those that are international you may want to send them in November/December.

Post # 3
375 posts
Helper bee

theluckyonenz:  My wedding is also in April and the electronic Save the Dates should be sent out by November and the card copy invitations in the post in December.

Post # 4
1321 posts
Bumble bee

Im sending save the dates November and Invitations….well i dont know yet. lol

Post # 5
559 posts
Busy bee

Im getting married April 25 2015 and I think I am sending out all my invitations out in January 🙂 provided I find invitations…

Post # 6
210 posts
Helper bee

I think I am going to do mine in November so they don’t get lost in Christmas post. I have to give final numbers to caterers in late Feb for a wedding on April 6th and I think that sending them in January wwill be too late. I think that sending them in November gives people time to rsvp before Christmas and gives me more time in January/Feb to sort out the final numbers. 

Post # 7
232 posts
Helper bee

I plan on doing save the dates at the end of this month, and invites by the beginning of Feb. 

Post # 8
1028 posts
Bumble bee

We got our save the dates and have added the wax seal and plan to drop them in the Mail the last week of the month. Invitations will go out the last week in January!

Post # 9
194 posts
Blushing bee

I’m hoping to get all my save the dates out by Nov 1. Over half of our guests are coming from the other side of the country. A lot are also out of town and military. So the save the dates are going out early just so they can all know to take time off work, think about plane tickets and hotels and the like (if they are planning on attending).

I’d be worried about sending out an invitation so early. Will people see it and then set it aside and lose it by the time it’s time to RSVP? If I understand correctly, not all your guests are traveling. I would think getting an invite for a wedding 6 months in advance is a little much. I know I’d be a little confused to get one so early.

Post # 10
4483 posts
Honey bee

We did save the dates this summer, and will send invitations out probably early February. Are you not doing save the dates?

Post # 11
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - City Hall NYC

I am hopefully sending my Save the Dates out by the end of this month and I haven’t really thought about when to send out invites, I am thinking in Feb sometime since the wedding is April 12.

Post # 12
941 posts
Busy bee

We sent Save the Dates out 1st of October for our April 18 wedding. Invitations will be put in the mail on February 1, with RSVP by 3/18

Post # 13
1416 posts
Bumble bee

We are sending out our invites for our April 4th wedding tomorrow. 

Post # 14
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Miami, Fl

OP: Mid/late Jan for 4/25/15

Wilson2Bee:  Date twins! What are you using for your RSVP date? Our numbers aren’t due till 3 days before so I’m not sure what I should put down.

Post # 15
559 posts
Busy bee

Pepper15:  oh my goodness I have no idea! I’m struggling with that right now, we need our numbers two weeks before. I’m afraid if I saw April 1st that people will take that as a time to mail out rsvps when I really need them by April 1!

let me know what you decide it is so tough 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors