April 2015 Brides?

posted 3 years ago in April 2015
Post # 3
1028 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@Jen041815:  My fiancee and I have gone for a serious ride and because we got shafted by our overseas wedding planners, we had to start the process ALL OVER AGAIN. We are done crying about it and jumping back in the saddle.

Since we decided to keep it local, we slowly but surely are getting quotes and estimates from potential vendors in the area. Since we are the total opposite of non-traditional, we have decided to throw a big ass party instead of a “reception”. We have narrowed it down to a few venues that will match our rustic-meets-city-slick relaxed vibe.

We also found 3 photographers that are in our price range and who do fabulous work and I’m trying to line them up for next weekend. I too found at least 3 photographers that are already booked for our potential dates which is mindblowing but it is what it is!

Its hard having to start this process all over again but we are putting our best foot forward…

Post # 5
1840 posts
Buzzing bee

Venue, photographer, photo booth, hair and makeup are booked. We still need a florist for the bouquets. 🙂

Post # 6
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Venue and photographer booked, save the dates and wedding website done, and rings purchased. We have two floral consultations in a few weeks, and we’ve started taking dance lessons. We need to get a dj, officiant, hair & makeup, outfits and cake. My friend has started designing our invites. We still have quite a bit to do.

It’s definitely getting closer!!

Post # 7
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: The Rusty Pelican, Tampa, FL

Just got engaged on Saturday :)…and already visited 3 venues as of today! More planned before the weekend. I want to have a decision made in the next 10 days. I am really glad I discovered this website a month before I was engaged, so I was prepared! 

Post # 8
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Allerton Mansion

@sassyetc congratulations!  Sounds like you’re off to a great start with planning.

I feel like I still have a lot to do!  I’ve been engaged since last May, but we’ve had a lot of big changes since tassthen: moving from the Midwest to Virginia, both of us starting new jobs, and buying a house! 

We booked our venue a while ago and that took care of ceremony site, reception site, caterer (still have to figure out menu), guest rooms, and possibly rehearsal dinner location, too.  Our photographer is booked and I found my dress about a month ago.  I’ve started looking at DJ’s, florists, bridesmaid dresses, decorations, and save the dates/invitations.  Still trying to decide if we’ll have a videographer. 

Engagement pictures are scheduled in Charleston for May – looking forward to an extended weekend trip for that!

Post # 9
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Booked our florist this weekend! So now we have to book: cake, dj and officiant–we’re getting there!

Post # 10
81 posts
Worker bee

We have the venue (for ceremony and reception, same place), the DJ, the string quartet and our photographer. Meeting with another florist in April. Getting closer to finding the dress but hoping to do that sooner rather than later so I can then move on to finding the bridesmaid dresses!

Post # 11
1028 posts
Bumble bee

I’m so excited to report that we are going to drop off the deposit for the venue tomorrow! This place is simply amazing! Next up meeting our extended DOC and meeting with the final photographer we are considering before making the final decision! After that we plan to enjoy most of the summer and more importantly our much needed vacation to Rio de Janeiro for my babe’s 30th birthday!

Here is a picture of the place:

Post # 12
1241 posts
Bumble bee

My dream venue is being sold, and won’t be a venue anymore, so we’ve been scrambling to find another place and set it in stone. We are going to look Sunday at our new first choice and see if it will work. They are having a prize of 1/2 off rental – so we figured it would be worth it.

Almost everything else is being figured out as we go. Plans should be well in hand by June. Whoo!

Post # 13
4483 posts
Honey bee

We actually just booked our honeymoon hotel. It was 30% off through this month, so we decided to book now, especially since it’s refundable. It’s not all inclusive, but given the price difference, we’d have to have a $150 dinner every night to make up the difference anyway.

Post # 15
4483 posts
Honey bee

Jen041815:  we compromised since he didn’t want to leave the continent.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors