April 2015 Mamas

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

YAY, thanks for making us a thread! I called my doctor this morning and they asked me to come in in a few hours for blood work (HCG & blood work) with a repeat in 48 hours. This is definitely not the norm though…they’re doing early tracking for extra peace of mind due to my MC in May.

Roll Call!

Due date: April 9, 2015 (based on ovulation)

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 9DPO, very faint BFP in the morning and a darker one in the afternoon.

How long did you try before your BFP? We started TTC in March. Got pregnant in April, MC in May. This BFP came the first time post-MC that we tried.

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? First!

Any symptoms yet? I have that full feeling in my lower abdomen, peeing more often, very mild nausea, and feeling sleepy every afternoon. 

What are you most excited about? The whole pregnancy and parenthood experience. I immediately smile when I think about what a great dad DH is going to be.

What are you most nervous about? Miscarriage

What will you miss most while pregnant? Sushi and caffeine. Though to be fair, I’ve been drinking decaf everything since March on my doctor’s advice.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  mojitolady.
Post # 4
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I really hope to join you ladies here this week!

Post # 5
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Thanks for starting this! I can’t believe I’m posting here!

Roll Call!

Due date: 4/4/15

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): I think 15. But since I had a period I was on CD 6. So unsure! But pretty sure I was about 15 DPO.

How long did you try before your BFP? This was cycle 3

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? First! 🙂

Any symptoms yet? headaches, some cramps (mainly just feels “full” down there)

What are you most excited about? Everything!!! I can’t wait to really feel pregnant, then look it. But of course most excited for a baby!

What are you most nervous about? miscarrying. Going to the dr today to hopefully get some peace of mind.

What will you miss most while pregnant? sandwiches…I was craving one this morning!

Post # 6
4677 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Yey for April mommas!  Good luck and I’m hoping for a happy and healthy next nine months for you ladies.  And I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll get to join you in a few weeks.  

Post # 8
1164 posts
Bumble bee

Well, back from the dr. They did a urine test and once that was confirmed, ordered blood work. But they didn’t tell me any results. Luckily I work at that hospital and can look up my results when I go back to work, but I guess if they don’t call me, all is good. They also set up my first appointment for 8/25!! She said they would do an ultrasound and all that then 🙂 So excited! She (the nurse…didn’t see the dr today) also said the non-missed period wasn’t concerning.

Question for everyone…What’s the funniest thing your SO has said regarding the news of your pregnancy?

For me, first he said, “See, my sperm DO work!” (I’d been kidding with him that they probably didn’t.) Then he asked when it happened. I said it must have happened during the last cycle. He said, “But you didn’t get sick.” I told him it was too early and he said, “Yeah, but you didn’t have the morning after sickness.” IDK where he got that I would get sick the morning after conception.

Post # 9
3828 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

congrats to the april mamas! I am really hoping to join cause april birthdays are the best!

Post # 11
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Congrats from a August mama! I was an April baby and it’s the absolute best month to be born!

Post # 12
1164 posts
Bumble bee

SadieBee:  I think DH would definitely get “that look” if he tried to downplay my symptoms! Glad yours has figured out it’s not okay!

Post # 13
35 posts
Newbee

So, I’m March 30th based on LMP but April 1st based on ovulation, so I hope that counts 🙂

Due date: April 1st based on ovulation, earlier based on LMP

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 14 DPO.

How long did you try before your BFP? First month – feel very very fortunate. 

Do you have any kids yet, or is this the first? First! Eeek!

Any symptoms yet? Mild nausea and food aversions. Also feeling very moody – not looking forward to my hormonal mood swings. 

What are you most excited about? Becoming a parent. Still feels very surreal. 

What are you most nervous about? Miscarriage. It’s all I think about. Ugh. 

What will you miss most while pregnant? Alcohol. I am a social drinker and most of my friends do not have kids yet, so the constant parties/happy hours/weddings/etc are going to be tough. Yesterday I was at a BBQ and it was hot out and an ice cold beer sounded soooooo good. 

——

My first doctor’s appointment is August 19th, so this whole thing feels very surreal to me. I don’t feel like I’ll offially feel pregnant until my first ultrasound. I keep saying “I’m not not pregnant.” 

Post # 14
1164 posts
Bumble bee

LunaRose101:  I know what you mean about it not feeling real yet! I went to the dr today for confirmation but that’s it. My first ultrasound is the 25th. Maybe if I get some morning sickness before then, it will feel real! (Sad when I’m kind of hoping for nausea!)

Post # 15
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Ellie85: congratulations!! I have a quick question if you don’t mind… Your doctor took you in already? I’m calling mine tomorrow or Wednesday and I thought they don’t have you come in until 8 weeks?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors