April 2017 POAS!

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 766
6068 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

nwoman :  it’s such a relief to know what you’re working with–I’d much rather know I’ve just been unlucky rolling the dice than wonder if I’ve been rolling a loaded die, you know?

Just to add an option to your list, past just BDing, now you can buy basically a turkey baster meant for semen (I know it’s sold online somewhere.. maybe even amazon).. you sort of do IUI to yourself, except it’s not intra-uterine–it’s just that you leave the semen RIGHT at the cervix so that no matter how good or bad their morphology etc.. they make it in.  Apparently it has very similar success rates to IUI and is a small small fraction of the cost.  I forget what it’s called but I’m sure if you try to look in to it you’ll find it.  

Hopefully you don’t need any of this–you can just keep BDing and get lucky!

Post # 767
1608 posts
Bumble bee

amanda1988 :  LOL @ starfishing. I don’t think SO would be down for that. Maybe he would. He’s not a fan if I don’t come, too. Even though I’ve told him, sometimes it just won’t happen. Stupid tired is one of those times. And  totally agree with knowing what you’re working with (pertaining to @nwoman). Seeing that my LH is clearly elevated has helped a little bit in knowing why I’m not preggo yet, but it’s still frustrating. And SO takes a LOT of hot baths, so I worry that since I already know I’m not tip-top, that anything he does is making it even harder. I keep telling myself I’ll eat better, start exercising, quit smoking for good, but after a BFN sometimes you need that smoke and just want to lay on the couch and eat ice cream. 

raccoona :  Oooh!! FX!!!

SeaOfLove :  I think it’s so easy to get discouraged at 5 cycles in. It’s hard to imagine actually getting pregnant at this point.

Ugh, I feel this shit in my soul. We’ve been at it since August. Not aggressively (prenatals weren’t until January, and my thermometer arrives today), but BD frequently enough that it should’ve worked. And my cycles were regulating soo well, and then we TTC, and now their all over the place! (2 AFs in September, skipped October, then skipped February, and now I’m on CD 39?) *facepalm* 

meadowmama :  Congratulations!!!

Post # 768
6068 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

MargaritaVille : Yeah, i know he’d never have agreed if it were that I wasn’t interested or something. But he knows how much I want to get pregnant so I guess he understood that he was doing me a favor, rather than the other way around.

(And, fwiw, I didn’t actually just lie there.. I just didn’t go on top at all. :P) 

Post # 769
1608 posts
Bumble bee

amanda1988 :  LOL, well you said starfish, not dead fish! I knew what you meant. BD can be exhausting sometimes. Still feels good, but not as good as when you’re really in the mood and feeling well. 

Post # 770
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

amanda1988 :  I think that you’re talking about the STORK OTC https://www.storkotc.com/

Post # 771
636 posts
Busy bee

I roll called for cycle #9 and was a BFN on April 1. I thought I wasn’t going to test again until May 1 but actually, the way ovulation worked out this month plus the medicine I just started, my next test date will be April 30. So I’m roll calling again!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32 / 33

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD22 / 6DPO

Ovulation Date: April 15th

POAS Date: April 30th

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days avg

Cycles Trying: This is #10

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting, prenatals, coq10, preseed, progesterone supplement after o. 

Trying anything new this month? The progesterone supplement is new. Took the first one last night and I’m exhausted today! 

Post # 774
4238 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

nwoman :  Thank you, darling <3  I sure hope so.  I worry too that we’re having such a tough time about what it will mean if we want to try for another.

Also, I’m glad that yours and your DH’s test results came back mostly good!  I hope your doctor has some inspiration about how to proceed with the low morphology.  Best of luck <3

ClaudiaKishi :  Thank you!  I had what seemed to be an implantation dip at 6dpo, but I guess even if I did implant, the cell multiplication could be catching up?  No idea if that has anything to do with HCG, but it would make sense if it does!

Post # 775
4238 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

MargaritaVille :  Agh, I didn’t know you were trying for that long!  I can totally understand your frustration, especially with your odd cycles. I hope you get your BFP soon <3

ilovethesun :  You’re here!!  I hope you get your BFP!

Post # 776
1608 posts
Bumble bee

SeaOfLove :  Right? Thank you! At this point I’d even be happy with regulating cycles. I need a win somewhere! Bright side, finally booked an appt to get my hair done next weekend.*cries* It’s been almost a year. I can’t wait!!

Post # 778
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Okay craziest day. At 10DPO I couldn’t help myself and I took a cheapie Amazon test and got a BFN. However, I had this overwhelming feeling that I was prego so I took a frer test and got another BFN. I was pretty bummed but was visiting my family in Florida so I threw the test in my book bag so no one would see it in the trash and ask about it. 

The next day I took a late flight home around 10pm and took out the test to throw it away and freaked out because I saw two lines. I was worried it was an evap line so I rushed to an airport store and chugged a water (luckily I had another test with me) 5 minutes later and there was no denying it I got my BFP!!! I totally screamed in the airport and told DH as soon as he picked me up from the airport!

Post # 779
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Meant2Bee :  CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I did this as well, I was SO sure I saw a line and went out and bought a pack of 7 tests and the next morning it was positive 🤗

Post # 780
251 posts
Helper bee

Meant2Bee :  Congrats on your BFP and happy 9 months!

i got another solid smiley on the clear blue digital OPK (yay for testing at the office ;D) and managed to get FI to BD after some after work drinks.

i had a little bit of a melt down when one of his colleagues announced that they are expecting, not only one, but twins. i was really nice to them, but afterwards, one of my colleagues who is also TTC had to cheer me up because I was close to tears thanks to munich mule and hormones. Sometimes, TTC is such a wirlwind of emotions. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors