April 18, 2015 – How's your planning coming along?!

posted 2 years ago in Traditions
Post # 2
716 posts
Busy bee

I’m a week later on April 25th.  We have a church and venue.  There is a dress contender, I plan to make a decision by the end of summer, and we have photographer appointments on the calendar for early August.  That’s about it though, I’m slow. 

Post # 3
242 posts
Helper bee

Congrats on everything coming togeher for you! Your wedding date is my brithday! Just had to share!

Post # 4
559 posts
Busy bee

jamb:  date twins!! We’ve got our venue, dress, bridesmaids, groomsmen, photographer, flowers, colors, the rest is a slow start! 🙂

Post # 5
716 posts
Busy bee

Wilson2Bee:  congrats date twin!  For what it’s worth, I don’t think that’s a slow start.  I’m enjoying taking my time, involving my fiancé, not driving myself or anyone else crazy…all with come together.

Post # 6
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

beauty418:  Hi, Beauty!  I’m an April 18th bride, too!  We’ve had great success planning as well.  We booked our last vendor (the cake!) last week!  We were excited because the baker is letting us work in all three flavors we tried. 🙂  I bought my dress, too… However I’m going through some stress because I’m not sure I picked the right one.  It’s an Allure dress, so I’m hopeful it arrives a little early (in case I have to change courses last minute!)

Our wedding will be at National Harbor at a venue right outside Washington, DC.  We’re so excited!

Post # 7
105 posts
Blushing bee

beauty418:  Yay! Date twins! Things I’ve booked / purchased: Venue, Caterer, DJ, Lighting, Dress, Photobooth and Photographer. There is still plenty to do though 🙂 

Post # 8
262 posts
Helper bee

beauty418:  BridalBlossom:  bride2bebe:  I’m April 18th also! 

So *bump* because I am curious as to where all of you April 2015 ladies are in your planning! I am currently finalizing proofs and am about to order my wedding invitations. And in two weeks when I go home for Thanksgiving I will be visiting the venue and we will do the cake and food tastings! Yum! Where is everyone else at the moment?

Post # 9
105 posts
Blushing bee

blushblossom91:  my save the dates have been sent out (a month ago) and im going to order invitations next week. i picked my menu 2 weeks ago and today i have my food tasting (cocktail hour passed apps and my main menu) followed by a cake tasting! i just had my first fitting for my dress yesterday. im hoping to nail down a baker and florist by end of week. and i will be going dress shopping with my bridesmaids and i am super optimistic about purchasing dresses as well. i had to fly to boston (where my wedding is) as i am out of state so i do feel a push to get things done!

Post # 10
559 posts
Busy bee

Update on my planning! So we have venue, date (April 25) time, dress, tux, bridesmaids dresses on order, caterer and cake (cupcakes) has even selected, waiting on flower qoute, invitations are almost ready to be purchased, still have so much to do!!

Post # 11
941 posts
Busy bee

beauty418:  The only “big” thing we have left to do is decide on the Rehearsal Dinner location. All the other vendors have been booked, dresses and tuxes all ordered. Now, on to the details! I’m finishing up my DIY invitations in the next month so they will be ready to go out the door after the first of the year. It’s coming up quickly!!

Post # 12
716 posts
Busy bee

I enjoying re-reading this.  Since I posted 4 months ago, we have a photographer/videographer, band, florist, took engagement photos, sent save the dates (2 weeks ago), and we’re maybe a week away from having a cake…progress!  We still have invitations, wedding rings, bridal party attire, transportation, and other stationery items like programs and place cards.  Our menu selections come at the end.  Technically we also have Rehearsal Dinner and Honeymoon.  I put that in the category of Not Bad!

Post # 14
78 posts
Worker bee

blushblossom91:  Thanks for reigniting this thread! 🙂

We have everything booked and save the dates went out… From here, it’s just follow ups with the vendors.  We go back to our venue in December for the first of 3 meetings and our menu tasting.  I also need to schedule my hair & makeup trial, and I’m waiting for my dress to come in… I had a hard time picking one, so I hope I still love this one once it arrives!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors