- 3 years ago
Hi bees! I’m a loooooong time lurker, and was a waiting bee until my boyfriend/first love broke up with me after 3 years. It’s been a year and a half since the breakup and I’m really ready to move on and find the love of my life.
I’m 24 years old, I would consider myself attractive and having a desireable personality. I get comments all the time from guy friends or new friends saying “Oh you won’t be single long” or “I can’t believe you’re still single!”. It’s sorta flattering but moreso very discouraging.
I’ve moved back home after grad school but then my family moved. Most of my HS friends are no longer in the area, or we’re not very close close anymore. I work for a small company and the only guy my age there is gay, so, lol. I joined a martial arts school to get myself active and while there are guys in my classes they are either way young (16) or married or way old (50). So needless to say I wasn’t meeting anyone through traditional means so I started online dating.
I’ve done it all. POF was scary and all hookups. OkCupid was better, but similar. Match was mehh….I stopped getting matches and canceled my subscription. I’m on eHarmony now, but my matches are starting to dwindle.
So the only thing I can think of are my standards. I don’t think they are high, but maybe they are? I don’t know but I’m starting to lose hope. I know, I’m young, yada yada yada…but I miss having a boyfriend and sharing all the wonderful feelings that come with that.
These are my standards for online dating:
- Doesn’t do drugs or smoke
- Isn’t obese/over weight (I’m not asking for a model here…but literally 90% of my matches seem to be very over weight.)
- likes dogs (I plan on having them my entire life, so this wouldn’t be great if a guy didn’t like dogs)
- is someone I’m physically attracted to (not like, joe manganiello hot or anything)
- mentally stable (as in, he doesn’t want to commit suicide)
- not an extreme picky eater (my friend literally does not eat any sauces. So his pasta is no sauce, he only eats chips no salsa, doesn’t like cheese on his burger or ANYTHING on his burger and I just can’t imagine cooking for that)
- doesn’t hunt (I’m against hunting for animal loving reasons)
- is slightly nerdy or at least tolerant of my nerdiness (I’m a web designer and like to play video games!)
- has a job
- is under 30 (I’m negotiable on this, but definitely not 10 years older than me)
Sorry, this became a lot longer than I thought. But you girls are always SO supportive and give fantastic advice and I have no where else to turn. I have literally been reading these boards for YEARS and finally got the courage to join in…even though I’m not in a relationship.