Post # 1
Note: I’ve made a doctor appt but it isn’t for two weeks yet & I’m trying to decide if I should go to the ER.
OK I’ve been having some alarming symptoms, things that I think are neurological and I’m trying to decide if I should go to the ER or wait for appointment. Three weeks ago I noticed I was mispronouncing words that I know I know; I chalked it up to “summer break brain” and dismissed it. Over this week I’ve noticed I can’t read, I can see the words fine, but I have to literary force my brain to read and comprehend sentences. Within the last two days when I force myself to read I get a headache. When I read things in person ie a letter vs on my phone it’s not as bad. I’m very scared. I’m torn on whether I should go to the ER of wait it out for doctors appt.
This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Charmaine7.
Post # 2
Go to the ER. It may be something a lot worse and the symptoms are just mild right now.
Post # 3
Do you have an urgent care clinic near you? If so, you could potentially see someone today without the ER-level fees. If that’s not an option, I’d go to the ER.
Post # 4
I’m not a doctor but please go to the ER today, it could save your life.
Post # 5
Charmaine7: I am an ER nurse. Your sympoms need to be assessed immediately. Neurological symptoms can be caused by a wide range of things from migraine headaches to something more serious.
Do not put off going to the ER because your are frightened. You have delayed long enough already.
Post # 6
Charmaine7: You should definitely go to the ER or an urgent care center that can perform the necessary tests ASAP. I’m surprised your Dr office didn’t tell you to go straight to the ER when you made the appt and told them your symptoms.
Post # 7
I’m a DPT, which is definitely NOT an MD, but … It’s pretty obvious that you need to get checked out ASAP. Don’t put it off.
Post # 8
Thanks everyone I’m getting ready to go the ER now; I can’t lie, I’m very scared at the thought of what could be going on.
Post # 9
Charmaine7: Hope all goes well!
Post # 11
I’m a doctor, pleased to hear you’re on your way to the ER cos that’s where you need to be! i hope things turn out ok.
Post # 12
I’m an Emergency Room doctor – definitely go get this checked out ASAP. I’d advise going to ER as you’ll probably need investigations which your GP may not be able to arrange over the weekend. Good luck, hope all turns out to be fine!!
Post # 13
Charmaine7: Hey, wondering how you are doing?