- 7 years ago
- Wedding: April 2011
Hi Bees! I need some advice. I’m trying to put together the event songs for our reception, and my mom is driving me up the wall with her constant phrases like “Hmm, I was thinking something different” or “You’ll probably change your mind” when I tell her what we’re considering.
She’s been super supportive throughout this planning process and she always has great advice/suggestions (without being pushy), but we are 7ish weeks out and this is grating on my nerves.
So I need other opinions. We are hoping for a crazy-fun reception (I think our family and friends are more than capable of a raging party), so we want the music to be fast, upbeat, and either “rock” or “soul” for our events.
She seemed most weirded out by our reception entrance… “It’s all about fighting” haha. Give me your honest thoughts!
- Parents/Bridal party entrance – Running Down a Dream, Tom Petty
- Bride and groom entrance – Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting, Elton John
- First dance – Let’s Stay Together, Al Green
- Father-daughter dance – My Girl, The Temptations
- Mother-son dance – ???
- Bouquet toss – It’s Raining Men, The Weather Girls
- Garter toss – American Woman, Lenny Kravitz
- Last dance – Neil Diamond, Sweet Caroline <– we are Pitt grads, this is a no brainer 🙂