(Closed) Are they absolutely kidding!? $1500 to drive people two miles!?

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Ngolden: What kind of limo/transportation are you getting?

We’re spending a fortune on transportation but we’re also getting a H3 limo, another smaller limo, and a trolley to take people back to the hotel at night.

Post # 4
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Is this for a limo? Thats insane! We are from Boston and got a Hummer limo that seats up to 20 people and its $550 for 4 hours! The reception is a few miles from the church

Post # 5
1752 posts
Buzzing bee

We were looking at something similar.  I think it was like 1100 for 3 hours..  We ended up going with a guy who has his own taxi service that my mom uses frequently.  He is renting a 15 passenger van to transport people.  Not as lux, but it will only cost us about 300 bucks, plus a meal at the dinner!  Not too shabby & he will drive people to the hotel and to the reception all evening…

Post # 7
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

We’re driving ourselves, LOL! I’m getting ready at a hotel, so I’ll just take a taxi or something over to the venue, and then we’ll take a taxi back at the end of the night. Friends told us that if you have patience, call for limos on the day of the wedding and you’ll get them for a really low price. You may have to call around to a few places before you find one, but if you’re willing to spend the bit of time it’ll save you a lot of money. They did it for their wedding and got a great deal!

Post # 8
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We are getting a party bus (shuttle style) for 3 hours for about $550.  There is a 3 hr minimum and we might need it 4 hours but we’ll see.

Post # 9
4466 posts
Honey bee

@Ngolden: PM me.  I know of an awesome limo company, and I can give you the link to the trolley we’re getting. 

The topic ‘Are they absolutely kidding!? $1500 to drive people two miles!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors