Are you expecting a good tax return from 2013?

posted 3 years ago in Money
  • poll: What are you expecting?
    Expecting a large tax return! : (59 votes)
    27 %
    Expecting an ok tax return! : (78 votes)
    35 %
    Aiming for an even $0! : (30 votes)
    14 %
    Will likely owe money :( : (23 votes)
    10 %
    I have no idea... : (17 votes)
    8 %
    I am scared, really scared... : (13 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 4
    5697 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t bother with the estimators, I’ll find out soon enough. I did just find out that we can again claim out private mortgage insurance so I was super happy about that. 

We get back quite a bit so we should probably update our withholdings 

Post # 5
    5533 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2011

Well, I kind of hooe we get zero, that means the goverment hasnt had our money all year when they shouldnt have. 

Post # 7
    7192 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2013

I hope so. We got married and had a baby.

Post # 8
    12884 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I hope to be as close to 0 as possible and usually end up owing, a few years upwards of 3-4k. 

Post # 9
    6450 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

We’re expecting zero. DH calculated and planned the deductions from our paychecks, however, I worked more overtime than we thought and got a larger bonus so I think we might end up paying.

I’m with you though, I would rather get money back (even though it’s an “interest free loan”) than have to pay.

Post # 11
    35 posts
    • Wedding: June 2014

I’m expecting about 1800 back. I’m currently a waitress so my ‘paper’ salary is pretty low so I’m expecting to get back a majority of my federal and state.

i also get a tax write off for the student loan interest I paid so that’s nice. 

Post # 12
    10454 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: January 2011

Mine will be small or zero.  DH’s will be large.  I think the home buyer’s credit will go towards his taxes, he hasn’t had his taxes reduced for RRSPs, and he will claim some of my tuition credits.  I would have preferred to get more of the money throughout the year, but he doesn’t want to bother with the paperwork.

Post # 13
    15016 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Hah, getting money back is something we only dream about. We always owe. Especially now that our insurance is taxable, I’m slightly afraid of what we’re going to owe.

Post # 14
    8680 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2014

I always have an extra $20 of state & federal held out every paycheck, so I’m sure I’m expecting something [a few years ago I owed and would rather not have that happen again].

Not sure about what fi will get back as this will be the first year he’s filed at his new job.

Post # 15
    2534 posts
    Sugar bee

I work a low paying part-time job and I also have tuition to claim from 2013, so hoping to get back a decent amount! DH makes way, WAY more money than me so he hardly gets any. We’ll probably use mine for a trip!

Post # 16
    1772 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

DH was deployed for half of this year so his taxable income is exactly $8,000. I’m in school full time and made about $2,000. The tax estimators say it should be about $4200-$4400, which would be amazing because it would give us the chance to pay off nearly ALL of our consumer debt.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors