(Closed) Asian Rehearsal Dinner – R&G or HK East Ocean Seafood?

posted 8 years ago in San Francisco Bay Area
Post # 3
1011 posts
Bumble bee

My cousin had her reception dinner @ R&G a few years ago.  At the appointed banquet start time, there were still other patrons eating in the area set aside for the banquet.  Very annoying.  Still, the food was very good and we went a year later to celebrate her anniversary (without her though).

Post # 4
28 posts
  • Wedding: October 2010

one of the things that stood out to me when looking at east ocean (i was looking to book it for my reception, so i’m not sure if this is that pertinent to you) was that if you got stuck in the main banquet hall (which seats 40 tables or something) unless you book the whole shebang, it gets super loud if there are multiple parties, and there’s not much of a good division, visually or soundwise, between the parties, so everything just kind of runs together.

however, they do have a parking lot (!) which kind of gives a one up on r and g (which has really excellent crab!!!) and its sf parking.

Post # 5
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Depending on where your relatives and friends are – but if they dont have a stong objection to go to the east bay, “east ocean” is a better choice.

facility looks more pleasant and open space, and free parking

Post # 6
44 posts
  • Wedding: May 2011

East Ocean lacked in quality of food. Though view is fantastic.

I’m having my reception at Silver Dragon in Oakland. The have 3 floor levels so you can have complete privacy.

The topic ‘Asian Rehearsal Dinner – R&G or HK East Ocean Seafood?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors