Atlanta Wedding Venue Ideas & Budget Question

posted 6 years ago in Atlanta
Post # 3
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

The first thing that popped into my head was Callaway Gardens. They have a lot of wedding options for different budgets, but it’s about a 45 min. drive from Atlanta…not sure what radius you are looking for. Also, there could be something in the Stone Mountain area, which would be closer to the city (slightly north, OTP).

Post # 5
20 posts
  • Wedding: October 2012

Congratulations! Your budget is right around the average cost for weddings! Our is $20,000 and that did include my attire. Here are some of the venues we looked at:

Villa Christina

Vines Mansion

Flint Hill/The Atrium

Emory Conference Center

Eleven 15 Events

Glendalough Manor

These locations were within our budget, but Villa Christina won our hearts b/c of the indoor/outdoor area. It’s beautiful. Choose your venue based on your capacity, budget and whether you want an indoor/outdoor wedding. Good luck with your planning!

Post # 6
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Stone Mountain is only ~20 minutes away and there you can find a Marriott hotel inside the park (Evergreen Marriott) and the Smoke Rise Golf Club. In Duluth, also about 20 minutes away, is The Payne Corley House. Intown, you can check out the Houston Mill House (right in your neighborhood), Labella at Lambert Place and Cator Woolford Gardens at The Frazer Center. There’s also the Botanical Gardens, but I don’t know if that would be within the budget. Hope this helps!

Post # 9
19 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’ve been to a wedding that was at the Atrium which Magic Moments operates. They did a decent job but the only problem that we had was that they put the food up entirely too early and as part of the bridal party I really didn’t have much to eat

Post # 10
13 posts
  • Wedding: November 2012

Magic Moments owns and operates 4 Atlanta-area venues: Primrose Cottage, Flint Hill, Little Gardens, and The Atrium.  The first three are of the “historic home” genre, while the Atrium is a little more contemporary.  They also offer off-site catering, operating under the name “A Divine Event.”

They seem to be nice venues, with outdoor space for the ceremony and indoor space for the reception.  Pricing will be similar across the board for all of them.  Of them, Primrose Cottage was my favorite, but they were not available anywhere near our chosen date.  If you are considering any of them, just be aware that, compared to other Atlanta-area locations, they seem to book quickly!  (None of them had our date eleven months out, whereas every other venue we considered did have our date).

Also look at Houston Mill House.  My friends had their reception there (outside); it was lovely.  They also have outdoor ceremony space and indoor reception space.

Post # 12
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

if you can budget for it, try cator woolford gardens – i think you’d really like it and it’s righ by druid hills. here are places that were on my list when i considered atlanta:

trolley barn

rhodes hall

old courthouse on decatur square

atlanta contemporary arts center

wimbish house

the solarium 

the view at king plow

carter center

LOFT at Castleberry Hill

Cator Woolford Gardens

Margaret Mitchell House

Mary Gay House

Academy of Medicine

Post # 13
70 posts
Worker bee

I think your budget is totally feasible in Atlanta. However, venues in the city are MUCH more expensive. We have about 200 people and I wanted to get married in the city since most of our people will be in from out of town and didn’t want them to have to fly in and then drive for an hour. Consequently, for us: all of the venues we looked at were between $4000 – $6000. We looked at:

1) Greystone @ Piedmont Park – loved it!, it was our second choice

2) Ventanas – we picked it, it’s gorgeous

3) Callanwolde – great historical venue, rental fee is $5,000 but you can bring your own alcohol and no catering restrictions

4) Biltmore

5) Summerour – also really great, you can bring your own alcohol

6) Foundry @ Puritan Mill – it’s probably too big for your guest list

We were really limited by the size of our list, but since yours is smaller, I’d also look at:

1) Magnolia Hall @ Piedmont Park

2) Rhodes Hall

3) Cator Woolford Gardens

4) Trolley Barn

Post # 15
70 posts
Worker bee

@atlbride2013:  If you’re looking for a historical venue, from my list, I’d definitely reccommend going to see Callanwolde. Looks great in photos, has outdoor garden areas for pictures or an outdoor ceremony, it’s centerally located by the Highlands, and it is a former Candler family home. However, it’s not Ballroom-esque like the Biltmore, if that’s the look you’re going for. BUT if you want a compromise between what seems like your original “garden” theme and a historical venue, it might be what you’re looking for. Plus, you can bring your own alcohol and there are NO catering restrictions – can’t be overstated.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors