Post # 1
Future DH and I are moving up to Nashville *him in about 2 months* and myself after the wedding in January. We’ve done a lot of looking up stuff online such as malls and resturants and even have an idea about which apartments we’d like to live in! So excited!!
But I need you help and recs on some of the following: Also the closer to downtown/vanderbilt/airport areas the better
1st and Foremost OB/GYN *well more just the GYN part right now* Male or female I’m not too picky just someone who comes recommended and takes time to explain things and all that jazz. *my first gyn was a nightmare crazy lady*
2nd: Hairstylist/salon-something nice but nothing upscale or over priced *I’m won’t pay $50 for a haircut. Esp any brides that have really thick hair bc I do and I know I’ll miss my girl who does it for me now
3rd; eye doctor-I wear contacts *glass ones* and if anyone else out there does let me know who you see
4th: Fitness clubs/gyms I don’t belong to one now but I’d like to
5th: Vet *we hope to get from a shelter after we get there a cat so a good vet is must*
6th: good auto mechanic *outside of pepboys lol*
I might think of more but this is a starting point I think you so much for helping!
Post # 3
I can help with a couple of these! 🙂
My OB/GYN is Diane George of Women’s Medical Associates of Nashville, who was actually recommended to me by some ladies over on the Nest. She’s great.
Also, a great salon is Trim on 12th Ave S. They have different levels of stylists, ranging from $30 a cut to several hundred (I use Chase who is $40, but I know several people who have used the $30 stylists and I’ve never heard any bad things).
Post # 4
Congrats on moving to Nashville! We moved here a year ago and really love it. I hope you will too.
For Gyn, I have Blue Cross Blue Shield, and I have used Dr. Cain-Swope who is at St. Thomas hospital right off West End and very close to Vanderbilt. For an eye doctor, I have used Optique which is also off west end but basically right next to Vandy (can you tell I live near Vandy?) I really liked the eye doctor. She put me in new contacts that I have been really happy with compared to my other ones.
There are a bunch of yoga places around, but as far as gyms go, most people in the area join the Y because they have great gyms here.
Post # 5
thank you so much ladies i’m going to add all of this to my extra long list of moving stuff lol!!!
Post # 6
- Wedding: August 2015 - The Whitney
1. My Ob/Gyn is Dr. Kristina Storck with Heritage Medical Associates. I absolutely love her. She delivered a friends baby a couple years ago and she loves her as much as I do. The office actually shares a parking garage with Baptist Hospital and she has visiting rights there and at Vanderbilt. Baptist and Vandy are the best hospitals in the area to deliver at from what I’ve heard.
2. I haven’t found anyone down here that I love and I’ve lived here for 3 years now 🙁 If anyone has recommendations, I’d also appreciate it!
3. I use SVS Vision, but, I have VIP treatment there because of my dad.
4. I’m a YMCA member – love it! They’re cheaper and cleaner than anyone else. They also do income based fee’s. My husband and I pay $52/month.
5. I actually travel to Antioch for my vet. I use PetMed and I liked them enough to go back. They didn’t recommmend a bunch of stuff once I said I didn’t want to vaccinate against anything other than Rabies (my cat is indoor only – she’s terrified of “outside” and will never venture out or run away).
Post # 7
I love Will at Trim! He’s amazing and actually did my hair for my wedding too!