Post # 1
What have all of you guys done so far?
We have picked my new engagement ring.(Needed to replace the first one. The ordered one is on the way)
Reception and Church are booked for.
Pretty lame, but I am soo slow.
How are everybody else holding up?
Post # 3
- Reception Venue (includes open bar, food, cake, linens, tables, chairs, valet parking)
- Dress – pruchased, haven’t done alterations yet
- Save the Dates (ordered but not finished being printed)
- Asked my Maid/Matron of Honor
- Determined designer, fabric and length for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
- Decided size of bridal party including bridesmaids, groomsmen, and most of the ushers
- Started registries
- More things I’m forgetting
I’ve been engaged since May ’11 though.
Post # 4
We have been engaged for a little over a year and accomplished:
- Venue and met with the planner to go over the details
- Selected the ceremony location (at same place)
- Photographer and had E pics done last Oct
- Cake, florist, officiant, DJ (after seeing my FSIL’s boyfriends dad play saxophone in his jazz band, might be adding a band for dinner)
- Ordered my dress and bought my shoes
- Just got my wedding earrings for my birthday from my parents and sister and they are GORGEOUS!
- Picked out the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
- Bought most of the Bridal Party gifts/parents gifts
- Designed the STD’s
- Started working with the Invitation Designer
- Bought both of our wedding rings
- Started registries and created a wedding website
- Deposit on first resort for Honeymoon
- Organized/ordered a lot of other details that I will work on this Fall/Winter (welcome bags, rehearsal dinner favors, escort cards, etc)
And I have gotten a couple small details like personalized cocktail napkins, mason jars, & sign for our chairs, rustic hearts for each of us to keep.
So far feeling pretty good!
Post # 5
We’ve been engaged since February 2012:
– Dress purchased
– Shoes purchased and DIYed
– Ceremony site booked
– Reception venue booked (includes catering, DJ, tables/chairs/linens, coordinator, etc.)
– Officiants chosen, meeting this month
– Website done
– Registry started
– Tuxes chosen
– Photographer booked
– Engagement pictures taken
– save the dates designed, ordered, and nearly ready to be mailed
– invites/RSVP cards designed
– theme/colors chosen
– DIY projects planned
– bridesmaids asked
– most groomsmen asked
– bridemaids dress color and fabric chosen
– baker chosen (my cousin)
– flowers chosen
Post # 6
I have an ok amount done
- Dress bought.
- Veil DIYed
- Shoes bought
- Jewlery bought
- Dress undies bought (bra panties ect.)
- Have both of our rings
- Venue booked (includes tables, chairs, table cloths, catering, Coordinator, vases and so so much more)
- Flowers choosen (aunt putting them together for us)
- Bridesmaids asked
- Bridesmaid dresses picked out
- Groomsmen asked
- Website (ALMOST DONE)
- Photographer almost booked just need to sign contract and hand over deposit.
- Save the dates here and about half addressed
- Words of wisdom cards printed and done!
- Flower girl outfits picked out (just need to make the Tutus)
- Favors chosen (2 cookies one my favorite and one Fi’s in a cute little package)
- Started collecting ribbon for the ribbon backdrop
I may have gotten more done but this is all I can think of at the moment!
Post # 7
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
Okay, let’s see…
- booked venue (ceremony and reception, includes catering and cake)
- booked photobooth
- booked photographer
- booked videographer
- booked dj
- bought dress (yet to be altered)
- asked bridesmaids/men
- asked 3 out of 4 groomsmen
- asked officiant (friend)
- bought jewelry and shoes (headpiece, bracelet, necklace)
- took engagement pics
- made save the dates (yet to collect addresses and send)
- bought favors (photobooth frames)
- website finished
- registries started, basically ready for public viewing
I’ve got a lot of things in progress, like collecting centerpiece materials, working on invitations, diy stuff etc., I don’t want to even say I’ve started them because who knows what could suddenly change!!
Post # 8
LOL. People are so organized 😀
Post # 9
Wow! I was happy that we booked the venue, and I got my dress….Lots to go. You brides are super organized!!
We meet with the priest on the 19th of Sept 🙂 and I started looking into photographers/DJ’s
Post # 10
@Sminthy: Are you as “slow” as I am? We have pretty much done similar amounts here! Our other fellow bees are super productive. Lol!
Post # 11
@Mithralia: Haha, apparently so! I was feeling prettygood about our progress til I read the other bees postings…lol
Post # 12
- Date picked.
- Venue reserved & paid for.
- Bridesmaids & Groomsmen chosen.
- Dress/veil ordered. No alterations done yet, obvs.
- Engagement photo outfits picked out/photographer chosen (need to set a date for that…ahhhh!)
- Booked florist.
- Caterer chosen…need to book and figure out if he’s requiring a deposit (family friend).
I felt pretty accomplished until I looked at this list. My To Do List is huuuuge! However, we’ve only been engaged since July 4th, 2012.
Post # 14
I have been engaged since August 5 of this year, so just a little over a month. So far I have:
- Set the date — August 2, 2013
- Chosen colors/theme (Black & white with fuchsia & bling everywhere!)
- Booked the wedding venue (church)
- Booked reception venue (country club)
- (Caterer is included, so that’s done, too!) 🙂
- Confirmed minister
- Bought my wedding band.. still looking for his
- Narrowed it down to 2 dresses to choose between
Right now I’m in the process of choosing photographer, videographer, DJ, cake, etc.. basically all the vendors. 🙂 I think I’m doing alright for only having a month of time so far..?
Post # 15
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA
Wow, I haven’t done much at all. Took my family heirloom ring in to get resized, checked the date with the really important people, reserved the venue, reserved the band, threw out some initial inquiries to the caterers, and that’s about it.
Oh and Fiance and I have also talked extensively about the timeline of events and general vibe we want to make happen. So in that way, I basically have a lot of it planned out in my head. Actual action taken, not so much.
Post # 16
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
Yeah, a lot of us on the Aug 2013 board have been engaged for several months, that’s why you see all these big long lists of stuff done. Don’t feel like you’re behind if you’re just getting started! Or even if you’re not, LoL 🙂