(Closed) August 13, 2011

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi date twin!! πŸ™‚ I’m in BC, Canada and having my wedding on my parent’s farm in my hometown (I moved about 10 km’s south). It’s going to be a country themed wedding that will start at 4pm and last till whenever! πŸ™‚

What’s your wedding going to be like? So happy that someone else has the same date as me!! πŸ˜€

Post # 4
689 posts
Busy bee

Hi!!  I’m getting married in Spartanburg, SC. We are having a photo themed wedding. We both love pictures and photography! The colors will be black and white with cobalt/royal blue accents. It will start at 4 with the ceremony being at a local church and the reception being like 5 mins down the road at a placed called Cleveland Park Event Center. I’m not from Spartanburg, but I fell in love with Cleveland Park so that’s what we went with. We are building our own photo booth, using photos of us on the table numbers (Us at 1 for table 1), and using pics of our families as well.

Question – Do people sometimes make negative comments about your weddings being on the 13th? I’ve had just a couple make the comment about it being an unlucky day. We don’t care what those few think, just wondered has anyone else heard things like that? 

Post # 5
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m a date twin! I’m getting married in Michigan, outside of Detroit. Our venue is a banquet hall, which is pretty much a blank slate. I’m going for vintage feeling (milk glass vases, lace, pearl, stamping, typewriter font) but with bright pops of color- hot pink and orange. It… kind of sounds like a mess when I type it out, but it my head it looks wonderful- hope I can pull it off!

Post # 6
638 posts
Busy bee

Hi date twin!

We are getting married in MI. Right now we’re debating on a chuch ceremony or outdoor ceremony at the FIL’s farmland. The reception will be outdoors there, with pictures hopefully at the lake if the weather cooperates. We will be doing a pig roast with all the side dishes made by family. We’ve pared it down from a 300-person affair to a small family only wedding. We are looking at 50 guests at this point.

We don’t have a whole lot of details nailed down yet, but I have a ton of DIY projects lined up. πŸ™‚ It’s going to be a simple, small country wedding, but I’m hoping to have lots of personal touches to make it our own.

Post # 7
638 posts
Busy bee

@IlsaLund:  How far outside of Detroit are you?

Post # 8
404 posts
Helper bee

@cleve_girl01: I actually live in Chicago, but the wedding is going to be in Novi- FI’s family is from Detroit/Livonia.

Post # 9
638 posts
Busy bee

@IlsaLund:  Ah, just curious. We’re about an hour and a half north of Detroit. Would have been funny if we were getting married close to each other.

Post # 10
404 posts
Helper bee

@cleve_girl01:That would have been funny. I think there’s another wedding at my venue that day (huge, huge place), wonder if I’ll run into her on the Bee? Lol.

Post # 12
638 posts
Busy bee

@July:  We have the same color scheme! I’m using primarily black eyed susans and queen anne’s lace for the centerpieces (can you say free?), but I want my bouquet to have sunflowers and black eyed susans. I want to mix cornflower blue / periwinkle with navy and some light turquoise for accents. I’m actually pondering making some beaded cornflower blue flowers to add into my bouquet since the wildflowers I love just don’t hold up over a few days.

I love that your grandparents got married in the same church…very romantic!

I haven’t done too much yet either. I’ve got a lot of other things going on right now (trying to sell my condo, trying to find a job) so wedding planning has been on the back burner. The fact that we’ve really slashed the budget and guest list to make it a pretty intimate, family affair has taken some of the planning pressure off.

Right now, our big challenge is finding a church to get married in. I’m not from the area, and he’s not a church goer. So, it’s been fun going to different churches in the area.

Since we’re now only having family, I don’t think we will do STDs. When the guestlist was at 300, I was going to be needing to get those out pronto.

I definitely agree that we should keep this thread going! It’s nice to have the support of all of you with the same date. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
689 posts
Busy bee

@July: We were thinking of sending out STD’s but decided not to. Most of our guests are relatively local. I had some great ideas for some though…lol.

I’d asked earlier, has anyone heard any negative comments about getting married on the 13th??

Post # 14
638 posts
Busy bee

No negative comments here yet, but there are 10 months to go. πŸ˜‰

The topic ‘August 13, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors