August 15, 2015 Brides, where are you? :-)

posted 2 years ago in August 2015
Post # 2
158 posts
Blushing bee

So not August 15, 2015, but i’m getting married on August 16, 2015, it is a sound so i’m not expecting to have a lot of other brides on my day. Like you i have a lot planned already. I have my phontographer, a photo booth and my venue, which includes catering and bar, done already.

I’m impatiently waiting until August to start dress shopping.

Post # 4
158 posts
Blushing bee

ComputerLove06 – I totally understand not being able to resist the shopping, it has been hard, but my mom and maids have kept me in check, plus i’m waiting for a couple new collections to come in at our local bridal stores for more selection. 

Good luck with the move! 

Post # 5
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Thanks for starting this thread! <br />I am getting married August 15th in Philadelphia. I am starting the dress shopping process mid-july, and we just saw an amazing venue that we are considering! I want to have the big stuff done by September – venue, dress, photographer, caterer.

So excited to start planning! 

Post # 7
1377 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

ComputerLove06:  I’m a 8/15/15 bride too!! We just signed on a photographer (who is awesome, and has a drone, which is exciting beyond all belief), and we are signing very soon on a venue for the whole shebang. The dress is purchased, GMs and BMs asked and accepted (with a lot of glitter), and colors/basic theme picked out. FI is currently deciding between bow tie and actual tie, lol. My gramma is a little overexcited and is sending me decor ideas left and right, and my mom is sending me song ideas left and right. 

Post # 9
158 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, it is great to see all of this early wedding planning done. I agree that it has made my process completly stress free, i just have been slowly checking things off the list as they naturally happen. Plus it is nice having no pressure because all of my vendors have still had my date open, which has also helped me negotiate a few early booking discounts. 

Post # 10
24 posts

August 15th 2015 wisconsin. 

60% of wedding is done. A large chunk of money Just cake, flowers, groom stuff, flower girl and bridesmaids left. Oh and wedding gifts and bridal party gifts. Even figured out honeymoon but waiting to book until Feb-April. I to am a over planner and I want to spend the money now instead of waiting to the last minute. The less to do 4 months before wedding the happier we both will be. 

Post # 12
11 posts

Hi all. Another 8.15.15 bride here.

I’m super excited. We managed to secure our venue, officiant, and planner (since it’s 3,000 miles away). I’m waiting on contracts from the caterer, photographer, and bakery.

My fiancé has asked all his groomsmen (simple phone call) whereas I still need to ask 3 of my friends/family. It’s difficult when you have people out of town and your trying to coordinate schedule to give a BM box lol.

I haven’t officially started dress shopping yet, but I plan to in two weeks with my mom and future MIL. Fiancé on the other hand has already picked out his suit and shoes lol. As I type this I wonder who’s more excited him or me considering he’s knocking off tasks lol.

Right now our biggest challenge is the guest list :::sigh:::. With my fiancé having a large family, being in a fraternity, and knowing TONS of people, it’s definitely challenging.

Nonetheless, we are having a blast planning… Finding our first dance song, music for the reception, picking out our signature drinks, picking out the color scheme, etc.

Let the countdown begin until a GREAT time with GREAT friends and family… 407 days (thanks to The Knot app lol).

Post # 14
29 posts

I’m an August 15th, 2015 bride too!  Hi twins! I’ll be getting married to my best friend in Toronto on our 8th anniversary 🙂 (though I swear it feels like 2 years).

<br />Some of you seem so far along in your planning process already.  Out of curiosity, when did everyone get engaged?  How long is your engagement?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors