August 17,2013 brides!!

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Adreebee:  I feel like I have so much left do! The stress is starting to kick in now. The biggest thing to take care of right now is getting our invitations sent out (I know, it’s a little late…), then it’s mostly just detail stuff (choosing songs, vows, etc.), which is the worst part in my opinion. Ack!

Post # 4
219 posts
Helper bee

So exciting! I still need to:

Send out invites which I have planned to do next friday (then finalize #’s with venue and such).

Buy flowers so my aunt can make our bouquets/boutineers.

Send out rehersal information.

Finalize ceremony/reception music selections.

Get marriage license (cant do until 2 or less months before).

Have my bridal shower/bach party.

Have wedding hair/makeup trial done.

Finalize cake/cupcake decisions with baker (my aunt is the baker so timing not an issue).

Finalize timeline.

Have dress fittings :).

Thats pretty much it. My FI an my 8 year dating anniversary is next month so I have been ready for this for awhile so i have gotten pretty much everything done early on.

Post # 5
469 posts
Helper bee

Invites are out, yay! I also paid the balances on the Rolls and the photographer.  All that’s left is the cake, licenses and day-of expenses.  Plus vacation clothes for the groom.

To-dos:  Hair and makeup trials, weight loss, flower ordering (2 months out), music details, write vows, finish iPod playlist, meetings with photographer and officiant, finish bouquet charms, send BBQ invites, find cat sitter.  Weight loss is proving hard as my job is challenging right now and I am a stress eater.

Post # 6
298 posts
Helper bee

It’s getting so close ladies!! I feel comfortable with where I am with my planning. I have only 1 small DIY project left to do. I still need to finish my programs, but have to finalize the music, readings, readers, etc  first. We still need to get wedding bands, get the groomsmen measured and tuxes ordered, pick out first dance song, get license (up to 33 days before), organize rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, get groomsmen, parents, readers, musician and singer gifts. I’m sure there is more…

Post # 7
132 posts
Blushing bee

Hi! I’m an August 17th bride too! Working on vows and ceremony stuff, as well as working on my seating chart! I am lost on decorations but at least I’ve made some recent progress!

Post # 8
3271 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

music

cake or pie

suits

vows

rehearsal decision (do we shell out for dinner or go to a restaurant family-style)

finalize floral

make veil w/ mom

dress fitting

pay for everything 😉

I’m happy with where we are at and so ready to slip my fiance’s brand new wedding band onto his finger!!

Post # 9
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh! Desperate to send invites, but have just discovered that my OH wants to “tweak” them 🙁 I know it isn’t really urgent – we sent save-the-dates and we don’t need rsvps (although they’d be handy) because there isn’t a reception – but it still feels really late…

Post # 10
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

wow, there seems to be a lot of us! I dont have much left to do, invitations are out, and have 20 rsvps so far! I need to have our engagment photos done (next week) , and have a meeting with our DJ/MC. My bridal shower is today!! ekk!

Post # 11
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Almost 3 months out!!  I have a big long spreadsheet of to-do’s, but right now we’re working on table number holders and might redo our actual table numbers too (I get the feeling FI didn’t like them that much…).  Also, we need to come up with programs and menus..

Post # 13
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@RainStorm:  Gah duh, I meant almost 2 months LoL

Post # 14
469 posts
Helper bee

Received two phone calls this weekend as my invitations hit California. People are actually COMING…it’s kind of freaking me out.  Maybe I liked the *idea* of a wedding more than hosting one, lol! FI did all this once before so he’s unconcerned, except for the ceremony.  He feels shy about it.

Post # 15
297 posts
Helper bee

cant believe its almost here! i do have a lot of stuff to do still, but it’s all smaller stuff that i just need to get around to doing. its funny though because i feel like i run wedding related errands almost daily. is that possible lol it always feels busy. i’m going to really miss all this planning once it’s over! its fun

Post # 16
1428 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center

@jsanford:  Oh man, that is hitting me now too!  I had this “invite everyone!!!” attitude, sent out way too many save the dates, and now am holding my breath hoping everyone says no!  My FI is freaking out too, we’re both pretty shy, but he especially is starting to hate the idea of standing up in front of so many people he doesn’t know.  I feel terrible about it too!

Right now I’m just stressing over every RSVP we receive back, and trying to get things done.  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming…

The bright sides, however, are that my first shower will be Saturday (!!!!), and next Friday we’re going to go get our marriage license!  I just can’t believe that it is so soon, like, I swear it was a year away for SO LONG, and now it’s closing in on just a month away….  trying not to hyperventilate…

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors