August 17th, 2014 here!

posted 3 years ago in August 2014
Post # 4
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hi! This is my first post 🙂 I’ve been lurking for a while but I hadn’t seen any date twins anywhere – until now!

I’m also getting married on August 17th, 2014. My fiance and I are from different countries, and we’re having a destination wedding “in the middle” of our respective hometowns. We thought that since it’s such a long haul for everyone, we’d set up a whole weekend of activities. Then we learned how much money we could save by having the actual wedding on a Sunday rather than a Friday or Saturday, so we set the date! The wedding’s in Dublin, so we’re doing a pub night on Friday, a city bus tour on Saturday, and then the ceremony and reception on the 17th. Can’t wait!

Tell me more about your big day plans!

Post # 6
141 posts
Blushing bee

Thanks very much! We got engaged at the beginning of the year, so we’re having a 1.5 year engagement.

Your wedding sounds absolutely lovely. You have to share pics after! So how much have you gotten done so far? Are you chill and in control, or panicking? I tend to fluctuate between the two, lol. But this weekend my mom came to visit and I picked out a dress! Super excited.

Post # 8
141 posts
Blushing bee

@nawella:  Hi date twin! Hope all’s going well with your planning. I’ve got a question for you! As a fellow “weekend” bride, what are you including in your invitation suite? I’m not really sure what to choose. Of course there’s tons of information that would be useful to our guests, i.e. hotels and travel tips, but all of that info is already on our website. Thoughts? 🙂

Post # 10
141 posts
Blushing bee

@nawella:  Thanks for the info! I think that’s just what we’ll do. People have been contacting me about the hotel booking, so they seem to be pretty comfortable with that, but the extra events might not be so clear.

How are things going? Any planning developments?

My dress came in about a week ago! Trying to decide when I should set my first fitting. But I have settled on my accessories, so that’s fun 🙂

Post # 12
141 posts
Blushing bee

@nawella: Me too! I wanted to schedule it right away, but I’m hoping to slim down just a bit before then 😛

Yay rings! Are you getting them engraved? Very exciting!

The name change issue is a tough one. I think in the end I’ll be taking my fiance’s name and changing my middle name to my maidan name. Have you considered going that route? In any case it’s a super personal decision, best of luck working it out!

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

We’re also getting married on August 17, 2014. We picked the date due to availability at our first choice venue. It’s also my aunt’s birthday who passed away two years ago, so it’s pretty special!

Post # 15
141 posts
Blushing bee

@aealtman:  Welcome to the party! It’s lovely that your date has sentimental meaning 🙂 tell us about your wedding!

Post # 15
360 posts
Helper bee

We’re also doing the 17th! Sunday weddings are quite common in India, where we are getting married. Also, we have other family occasions on all the other days (15, 16, and 18). This way our anniversary will have it’s own day. To top it off, the 17 is our dating anniversary (in another month) so it’s nice to have a little piece of that day honored by keeping the 17 🙂 (we will have dated for 11 years when we get married so it’s significant to us).

We had a hard time picking a date given that the location is so far and our lives are fluctuating with school and work right now but we should have a venue booked by the end of the month! 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors