(Closed) August 2010 brides.. Do you have your Dress yet?

posted 8 years ago in August 2010
Post # 3
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

No not got mine. I’ve been to about 6 shops and tried loads on, but haven’t found the one. I am in London next week and have an appointment to try on the new 2010 Pronovias collection. My ideas of what I want changes all the time though!

Post # 4
326 posts
Helper bee

I’ve looked at some but haven’t found anything for sure yet. My mom is coming to visit this weekend, though, and I’m really going to try and reach a decision this weekend if possible. I want to get moving on this. ^_^

It’s nervewracking, though–one of the bridal stores here in Omaha did the whole we-‘re-bankrupt-and-moving-out-of-our-store-in-the-middle-of-the-night-what-do-you-mean-you-ordered-a-dress thing to a bunch of brides about 2 weeks ago. So I’m nervous about the whole business now. Ugh.

Post # 5
2719 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve bought mine. I would have waited but I thought it was a one time sale of $300 off-I’ve since seen it a few times. It just came in over the weekend-so I have to store it for about 11months! It’s nice not having to worry about it & paying for it anymore though. Don’t worry though.

Post # 6
3526 posts
Sugar bee

I saw the Elie Saab 2010 Collection for Pronovia the other day and I’m drooling. They are so beautiful!! I love Freya.

http://www.pronovias.com/pdf/pronovias99628.pdf

ETA: Ugh. Wouldn’t you know that there is a trunk show for the 2010 Collection from the runway show in NYC on 9/19. If course I won’t be home when there’s a trunk show or sample sale that I want. Cry

Post # 8
1347 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I found mine on my first time out with my mom and sister; I got lucky. But now the fun searching part is over! There’s still time… no worries!

[attachment=349110,44086]

Post # 9
6598 posts
Bee Keeper

I have found mine but I am waiting a bit until I order it!

Post # 10
3526 posts
Sugar bee

KBSquared what is your dress? 🙂

And that is great luck!!!

Post # 11
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I found mine on my first try but I think I just got lucky. I had anticipated going a few more places and probably not getting it until the fall but it was THE ONE. They really know what they are doing at Kleinfeld, let me tell ya’

[attachment=349517,44159]

Post # 12
619 posts
Busy bee

I bought mine a few months ago! The bummer is that I only ever went dress shopping once and it was WAY over my budget. I bought my dress online at preownedweddingdresses I got an AMAAZING deal, but need to get it fitted for me. I am excited, but think that until it fits me perfectly I can’t really feel the excitement. I do love the dress though!

Post # 14
24 posts
Newbee

I bought mine a few months ago after going to 6 bridal stores. I knew it was the one as soon as i put it on (it’s the Amsale Tyler in ivory/ivory) and the floor model fit so well I bought that one which saved some money. The store is storing it for me until I need to come get it hemmed. I was so happy to find the one when I did since my wedding is in Massachusetts but I recently moved to California and I was able to find the dress back on the east coast before coming out here! Good luck to all you still looking! It’s a fun process as long as you go in with an open mind!

Post # 16
7 posts
Newbee

bought mine through a shop that was closing….couldn’t resist the deal even though it seemed too far ahead….hehehe 😛

The topic ‘August 2010 brides.. Do you have your Dress yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors