(Closed) August 2011 Brides

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I have nothing left to do except pick up my dress. I’ve already had my final fittings, they are just steaming it for me. I’ve finalized flowers, food, and checked off my list so I could just coast the next couple of weeks. I haven’t felt nervous yet. My mom keeps telling me how much weight she lost from being nervous but not me!

Post # 5
291 posts
Helper bee

wow how can you be so calm? we are basically done with the organization, so that’s all taken care of. but somehow it hit me a couple of days ago that i am really getting married! ever since, my nerves are blank and i have butterflies in my stomach every time i think about the wedding, somehow it’s gotten more real now. i am sooo excited and so looking forwards to it and celebrating with all our families and friends!

Post # 6
713 posts
Busy bee

I’m really excited for our wedding day! I was at a wedding last weekend and could barely contain my joy. That said – there is still a ton of work to do! I’m not freaking out yet as we’re on track with tasks and everything. But lots of little projects and details to finish.

I highly doubt we’ll finish everything and be waiting around for the wedding to come! lol – We’ll be busy but it’ll be fun!

Post # 7
2313 posts
Buzzing bee

All that’s really left to do is the really boring nitpicky stuff, like finalize seating arrangements and make a seating chart and write out a day-of timeline and forward that on to everyone. Monday we’re going to apply for our marriage license since they’re only good for 30 days. We’re also moving across the country this weekend and will have to spend a week in temporary housing until our new home is ready to move into on the 8th… then we’ll have to turn back around and come back to Georgia for the wedding a week later. I think the upcoming move, while inconviently timed, is at least good for keeping me from going TOO crazy with wedding stuff. There’s just not enough time for me to wig out over something silly when we have SO much to get done. 

Post # 8
106 posts
Blushing bee

I’m getting very panicked. We only got engaged in May and trying to plan a wedding for 150 people in 3 months is a challenge. I have lots of details to work out and time is going to fly by. I know it will all get done, but I’m getting a little anxious.

Post # 9
1276 posts
Bumble bee

@Alicia Harris: i’ve been with my FI 7 years. I feel married already!

Post # 11
11 posts
Newbee

Honestly I’m starting to get a little stressed, I’m only 12 days out now. Some family will be flying in this week and I still need to work full-time up until 2 days before the wedding, and I feel like I don’t have enough done.

What’s left is just details and some prep stuff. I finished the cake topper today, I still need to book a hotel room for our wedding night and figure out transportation to it / to the airport. I need to figure out who will be washing/returning the items that we are borrowing. I need to buy some of the food we’re serving, and then cook some of it the day before the wedding, as well as wash/iron all the table linens and run the glassware we’ll be using at the wedding through the dishwasher. I need to pick up my dress still. I need to delegate tasks to all of our helpers and get everyone organized. I still need to figure out what music will be playing during the ceremony. I haven’t finished the card box… We need to order the beer kegs & pick up the other drinks. I need to buy the mason jars for our centerpieces and tie ribbons to them, then two days before the wedding I need to trim all of the flower bouquets for the centerpieces. The boutenniers aren’t finished yet either… Oh and I need to do a hair/makeup trial, and buy shoes. And I’m not even 100% positive the groomsmen have their suits yet or know what shoes they’re supposed to be wearing but FH says he’s got it covered… I’m not so sure it’s under control.

Oh, and then there are the countless family gatherings/meetings and final wedding parties/events that are about to happen, combined with my working full time and trying to finish all my DIY projects and planning. 

Yep, everytime I think about the list of what needs to be done my chest just fills up with anxiety. 

At this moment I just keep thinking of how I’d love to do this over and have a much smaller guest list and a bit larger budget so I could just buy less of everything and pay other people to do all of these things for me (who wants to prepare 16 quarts of pasta salad the day before their wedding?), but it’s too late now and hopefully it’ll all turn out well in the end. 

The topic ‘August 2011 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors