(Closed) August 2012 brides – flowers?

posted 7 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m September 2012, but its close enough that there will be similar availability. I am using sunflowers for all of the bouquets and zinneas for the centerpieces. If you still wanted to stick with the overall look of peonies, why not try garden roses? They are a bit fuller and fluffier than traditional, long stemmed roses. Good luck with the planning!

Post # 4
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Planning on an eclectic mix for my hand-tied boquet made up of wildflowers, greenery and some whites. Bear grass, fern, huck, ranunculous, scabiosa pods, possibly rose), thistle, daisies, foxglove…

Post # 5
2523 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Daisies! Lots and lots o’ daisies…

Post # 6
786 posts
Busy bee

I love lilies and roses, so this is what I have in mind for my bouquet..  Except I’m not sure yet if its going to be all white, or if the purple in this picture will be red instead.  (Since my colors are black and white with splashes of red as an accent).

Post # 7
1690 posts
Bumble bee

We just moved our wedding date from May 2012 to August 26th,   i have a brooch bouquet and my bridesmaids have silk rose bouquets,  (already made/bought and boxed)   but i was going to use vintage birdcages or mason jars for our table decorations,  and in keeping with the vintage feel,  i wanted peonys…….

or large roses maybe, or even lilacs. 

but if i cant get them fresh,  i may have to settle for silk flowers.   my colours are purple and lilac and pale pink,  and a vintage theme. 

any other suggestions of fresh flowers for my centrepieces?  

Post # 8
4606 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I haven’t decided on my colors yet, but so far I’m thinking daisies and calla lilies.

Post # 9
264 posts
Helper bee

I also love peonies, but am going to settle for cabbage roses. I also am going to use astible, dusty miller, billy balls. 

Post # 10
2216 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m hoping for calla lilies and roses…we’ll see…since I’m just beginning the “finding the florist” process.

Post # 11
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m gonna do thistles and roses. Hopefully I can get the thistles I want. I think I’m going to grow them though.

Post # 12
1690 posts
Bumble bee

well our wedding date is NOW  August 11th  and its officially booked now……so it wont change again…..(i hope)  got to book the registrar tomorrow,  but the venue is definately booked. 

@Corilee13:

i too am hoping to grow some pale pink old english roses for next year,  for my centrepieces.  i am not a novice,  i already grow roses but havent got the right variety that i need.  i have a pink rose bush,  but its  too darker pink for what i want…….i really only need about 15-20 roses,  3-4  for each birdcage,  and i have 4 birdcages i want to fill,   but at £2 each rose…..thats a lot of money that i can save.  3 rose bushes will cost me £15…….and i get to keep them after the wedding.

Post # 13
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

@Torrid – Date Twin! Yay!

Post # 14
14 posts
Newbee

My date is August 5, 2012 and I am using stargazer lilies to go with my watermelon colored wedding, they are geougeous and very summery!

Post # 15
1934 posts
Buzzing bee

@pinkbride2012 – we’re using hot pink flowers for 8/4/12, as well!  I had my heart set on peonies too, but the florist said no way.  we’re going to have orchids, garden roses, crysanthemums, coxcomb, and hydrangeas.

Post # 16
306 posts
Helper bee

@BurlapAndLace:

I am also going to use cabbage roses and dusty miller. Peonies are my dream flower, and I might have to try and get a few for my bouquet even if they cost a lot. 

The topic ‘August 2012 brides – flowers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors