August 2013 babies part 3.. The final chapter

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 5
2229 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

When are you due? August 23rd but everyone says I’ll go early since I am so BIG.

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? A very long involved one that I need to pair down.  We are shooting for a natural birth and a hands off labor/delivery as far as the medical staff

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics? Nothing yet! I am almost done making new cushions for the hand me down glider.  DH painted it a dark grey.  I made matching boppy cover, changing pad cover as well.  Our shower is the 28th so I am waiting till than.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? Only thing I have bought besides the fabric for the projects above is 6 cloth diapers.  Just so we have something.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? The baby!!  Not really dreading anything.  As long as you keep a postiive attitude the pain is all mental.  

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) We have been in Bradley classes since May.  I do Kegels and certain stretches, sit certain ways, etc.  In two weeks I will start a vitamin K enriched diet so we don’t need to have the Vitamin K shot.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? No gender.  No name.  Our nursery will be mainly grey with a pop of another color.  What that color is we don’t know yet!  I am superstitious about telling a baby’s name before they are born.   We have a few faves picked out but DH is not serious about it at all. I asked him in he had to choose tomorrow what would it be and he said “Optimus Prime.”

Hardest part of this stAge? For me, since this is my second baby, there is a lot of round ligament pain.  Everything is stretching so much more that it hurts to walk, roll over in bed, sneeze, etc.  Good times!  But its all for the greater good!  And I agree with PP that if I were working FT this would be HORRIBLE!!

weight gain? Around 25 pounds.  I am officially 10 pounds over what I gained with my first.

stretch marks? My DD blessed me with those the first time round. 🙂

do you have a bump photo? I’ll have to scrounge one up!

@LyndzJM:  Are you doing perinneal massage?  Tearing/episiotomy were my biggest fear with my first.  Make your doctor aware how you feel and start doing the massage ASAP.  It helps!  Plus the burning you will feel during the massage is the burning you will feel when the baby is crowning and you will have the “urge” to push.  Something my sister just told me.  Her youngest is 3 months.  Good to know!

Post # 6
537 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

When are you due? August 5th.

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? No plan!

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics? Yes, still not done. Picture below.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set  up? Wash all her onesies with dreft and buy car seat. Still packing overnight bag.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading  or worried about? I can’t wait for her to be born and hold her. Dreading pain.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? No

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Girl, name will be Lillian “Lily” Sophia

Hardest part of this stAge? Getting up 5 times every night to go to bathroom, and I pray I don’t drop the soap when I shower, tough picking up stuff, LOL.

weight gain? Yes between 25 to 30, I’ll know later week at doctors appt.

stretch marks? No, use Palmers Cocoa Butter Soothing Oil Dry Itchy Skin

do you have a bump photo? Yes

36 weeks

Post # 7
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Happybride, your maternity photo is so pretty!  The dress is gorgeous.  I don’t care for mine really, I wasn’t pregnant enough (25 weeks).  But since my friend across the country was doing them for free, I had to balance when I wanted to fly vs. when to take the photos.

When are you due? August 9th (or 7th by my own charting)

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?  Not exactly.  I mostly want to avoid a c-section.  I trust my midwives at the birthing center to help me with this.  If I were going to a hospital, I’d consider a birth plan more necessary.  I probably will play music or my hypnobabies CD or something, though.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics? Our 2nd bedroom is baby’s room, but it’s got very little in it.  Not really picture worthy.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set  up? I will be order the remainder necessary stuff tomorrow.  I stil have to put the diapers through another wash, set up the pack n play, practice installing the car seat, and pack a bag for labor.  I think that last will probably wait until I’m actually in labor, ha!

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading  or worried about? I’m looking forward to not being pregnant anymore.  I’m dreading being responsible for another life and losing my own.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? I’m doing a hypnobabies course.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Girl.  We have not decided a name yet.

Hardest part of this stAge? I have pain in my hips and pelvis, it kind of sucks.

weight gain? 43 pounds so far o.O

stretch marks? Not yet, but it’s still early days for us.

do you have a bump photo? As far as I’m concerned, no photos means it didn’t happen. no evidence! actually i have a couple, but don’t want to post.

Post # 8
9092 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Sorry Ladies, I mostly moved over to HB for my baby chat since it never seemed like anybody turned up here!  But, let’s play the survey 🙂

When are you due? August 12

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? Not much, beyond “we’re going to have a baby”.  We took a Lamaze class, and I’d like to avoid too much intervention and hopefully be able to move around but I’m kind of open to whatever needs to happen.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics? Umm.. no, we still just have an office.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up? My shower isn’t until after the baby is born, so I’m trying to save some “needed, but not immediately necessary” items for that.  We have a crib, and I think I know what dresser I plan to pick up, but haven’t done that yet.  But I think we’ve got the basics covered.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about?  Just looking forward to finally having a baby in my arms.  It’s been a long time coming.  Mostly just worried that it’s going to be even more painful than I imagine, and that something will go worng.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) Not too much.  Been trying to remember to do Kegels, but that’s mostly because incontinence freaks me out.  Thought about raspberry tea, but kinda late to order on Amazon at this point, but might pop into a health store if my OB/endocrinologist OK’s it.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name?  We were team green.  But then my dr’s office slipped up and gave me paperwork with the gender written on it  DH has still wanted to be a surprise, so I’ve been the only one who pretty much knows we’re having a girl for the last month.

Hardest part of this stAge? I’m just sore all the time.  And insomnia.  Which sucks working full time.

weight gain? net 6lbs.  I had terrible morning sickness in the first trimester and then got GD, so the diet has kept me from gaining much weight.

stretch marks? Oh God, yes.  43 of them at last count.

do you have a bump photo? Have not been good at keeping up with these.

Post # 9
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Hi all checking in, happy to see you. I have been having blood pressure problems so I am on temporary bedrest at home after getting some bloodwork done today. Really looking forward to baby arriving safely and hopefully after she is full term.

When are you due? 08/11

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it? Do whatever is necessary or whatever the Dr. recommends. I can see myself asking for an epidural. I am a pain wimp.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics? Yes, mostly. But we cant set up her furniture until carpet is installed, on the 22nd. Then I will post pictures. 🙂

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set  up? We bought all big purchases, but need small things like swaddling blankets, baby bath tub, diapers and wipes, etc.

What are you most looking forward to? Meeting little girl, holding her in my arms.

Is there anything you’re dreading  or worried about? Right now this high blood pressure is scaring me a little, worried about pre-e

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc) Nope, I am trying to let things go on their own course.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? Girl, Vivian Elizabeth

Hardest part of this stage? Waiting…for sure. I am stir crazy

weight gain? 20ish pounds

stretch marks? A LOT. Oh well, I have never been a two piece kinda gal.

do you have a bump photo? I posted my last I believe, maybe will take one again next weekend.

Hope youre all doing well! 🙂

Post # 10
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I like reading the survey’s so I’ll play!

When are you due? August 21st. I graduate the 17th so baby is under strict orders to not come out until after I walk across the stage 😉

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it. No plan really. We are having the baby at home and we’re just gonna see how it goes! My midwife is so sweet and she’s fine with me doing whatever feels right at the time. 

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics? We just got the crib and changing table/dresser set up this past weekend. We were waiting for baby showers before doing anything. We also live in a one bedroom apartment so it’s not like I had a nursery to spend time painting, etc. Just a corner for this little baby!

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up?
We were so blessed to get the necessary items during our showers. Just left to get a few more cloth diapers! We are team green so we haven’t gotten many clothes for the baby but I know most people are just waiting to find out before buying anything.

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about? Having my body back! I’m not getting my hopes up though! Pretty much looking forward to doing things like I used to before my belly got too big. Like sleeping on my stomach! I do worry about how drastic our lives are going to change and if I’m going to be able to handle being a mom. The birth doesn’t really worry me because I know there’s an end in sight no matter how bad it gets.

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc).  I’ll start taking some homeopathic remedies at 36 weeks but nothing yet. Thought about perineal massage but it was too hard to reach so I’ll just suffer the consequences!

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name? No idea what the gender is! I have always felt like it was a boy but I change my mind sometimes :). All the guessers seem to be split 50/50 as well! We decided on a girl name months ago but still between a couple boy names. It’s a step up from having no clue so I’m okay with having a couple options.

Hardest part of this stAge? Being uncomfortable. And peeing ALL the time! I never had to pee more at any point prior to now so waking up in the wee hours of the morning to pee kinda annoys me. The baby is pretty settled in with its feet kicking my ribs on the right so they are crazy sore and the whole area under my boobs is numb. Got my reflux under control now with a homeopathic remedy so I can go back to eating anything and everything without suffering. Because I always chose suffering over bananas with peanut butter (no clue why that killed me the worst!).

weight gain? 30 pounds at my last visit. I have been staying at the same weight the whole third trimester so far. My midwife said some people just gain it all in the beginning! Hoping I don’t gain much more. It’s hard carrying this much extra weight around!

stretch marks? None yet! I’ve just been waiting on them to pop up but I think my husband has been praying non-stop that I will escape getting them. He still has high expectations that I will go back to looking exactly the same! Except for the boobs… He has made a special request that they stay exactly as they are now. I wasn’t small to begin with so now he’s just being greedy!

do you have a bump photo? I’ve been taking them every week for my mom since she’s out of state. But they’re on my phone and not on my computer.

Post # 11
537 posts
Busy bee

Went to doctors today (routine doctors visit). I’m 1 cm dialated, having Braxton Hicks contractions and due to my painful carpal tunnel, which I’ve been suffering from past month… they may induce me a week earlier. So I may be having a July baby rather than August 5. Will find out more on my next appointment next week. I am feeling miserable these days but excited she’s almost here.

Post # 12
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey, I’m a lurker/newbie but thought I’d join in.  The more the merrier, right?

When are you due? August 27th

Do you have a birth plan? If so, what’s in it?

I probably won’t have a defined birth plan, but I’m using a midwife for a hospital delivery.  I’m open to the idea of an epidural, and I believe circumstances can always arise that call for other interventions.

Have you set up a nursery or part of a room for the baby? Got pics?

Really all we’ve done is move a Pack n’ Play and a rocker into our bedroom.  We plan on moving a few months after the birth, so it doesn’t make much sense to set up a nursery.  We haven’t even bought a crib since the baby will probably sleep in our room until after the move.

Have you bought or received most of what you need? What’s left to get or set up?

It feels like there’s a lot left to buy, actually! Lots of small essentials (for the medicine cabinet, diapers, etc.) and also things we won’t need for a few months (eg high chair).

What are you most looking forward to?  Is there anything you’re dreading or worried about?

Well, I chose a time to have a baby (end of grad school) that is inconvenient in some ways.  Basically, once I come off maternity leave, I’ll need to worry about writing and defending my thesis, finding a new job, and most likely moving to a new city–all by the end of this year, we hope.  So that’s stressful to balance with being a new mom.  The upside making it worthwhile is that once we have all that out of the way, I can take some time off to spend at home with baby in the transition between school and job.  Basically, as much time as we can swing financially.  I’m looking forward to that!

Have you started anything to prepare for labour? ( raspberry tea, evening primrose oil etc)

Nah…it still feels too early.  Wanna let baby cook some more.

Do you know the gender? Have you decided on a name?

Yes, we’re having a girl and would like to name her Elise! But the name is still a surprise for everyone we know.  And we’re still thinking about middle names. 

Hardest part of this stage?

The waiting and suspense! And trying to be productive so I can minimize post-baby craziness 🙂

weight gain?

Depends where you count from, I guess.  I had crazy horrible morning sickness that made me lose 10-12 pounds in January, placing me in the “underweight” category.  So counting from December (pre-pregnancy), I’ve gained 21 pounds.  Counting from January, about 10 more than that.  I am one of those pregnant women that everyone says “looks great,” but they don’t understand the price I paid for that 🙁

stretch marks? Nope, lucky so far!

do you have a bump photo? Surprisingly, not a recent one!

Post # 14
455 posts
Helper bee

hismm, sorry to hear about the blood pressure problems

happybride, do you want to be induced? meaning, do you object to it? i understand chance of other interventions and complications increase with inductions. sorry about the carpel tunnel! i’d love to have a july baby, july 31st!

i’m still here, chugging along. seems none of our group has had a premature baby so far, at least that they’ve checked in to tell us, so that’s lucky.  i have braxton hicks all the time, and have been having them at least since around 20 weeks, but they aren’t painful.  they are increasing in frequency and pressure, though.  at my birthing center, we don’t get cervical checks, so i have no idea about my dilation or anything.  i’m happy with that!

i have a fair amount of pelvic discomfort.  i’m trying to walk more. i’ve done a couple of 1-mike walks this week.

Post # 15
537 posts
Busy bee

@CuriousOne:  don’t want to be induced. I want nature to take it’s course, when baby is ready. I’m struggling with my carpal tunnel for now. Hoping it doesn’t get worse. I’ll be 37 weeks this weekend. Doctor said after 37 weeks baby is considered full term.

I did have major lower back pain this morning cramping, but went away. We’ll see how this upcoming week goes.

Post # 16
455 posts
Helper bee

I have my childbirth class today. It’s a one day thing, cancelled last week and reschedule to today.

I’ve been doing the hypnobabies home course too. Problem is that I listen to the CDs lying down in bed at night and I always go to sleep before finishing the whole thing.  They always start off with deep breathing, and having your eyelids feel limp and heavy, and you imagining you’re surrounded by comforting relaxing light, and things like counting backwards and feeling your troubles drift away.  Well, it works and then I’m out like a light before I can hear the following techniques!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors