August 2013 Babies!!!

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

Congratulations!!

I’m tentatively joining this thread if that’s okay. I’m part of the July thread right now. Based on my LMP, I’m due July 31, but based on when I think I ovulated, I’m actually due around August 2nd :) .

I’m hoping I can get a dating scan from my obgyn soon!

1303 posts
Bumble bee

OMG an August thread- how exciting! Congratulations! Hopefully this thread gets filled up with lots of graduates soon! Happy and healthy 9 months ladies! 

753 posts
Busy bee

Commenting so I can chat more later. Off to work now. :)

455 posts
Helper bee

Yay!  I’ll join!  Can I ask some getting to know you questions?

When did you find out and how? 

I found out 3 days ago, Saturday.  I’m 13dpo.  When cd10 dawned and my temp was still high and there was no spotting, I tested and it was positive!

When is your due date, known or expected?

FF says August 7th.

Do you have any other children?

No, this is my first pregnancy.

How did you tell your partner?

Well, when I got the positive, it was still too light to show DH.  I went to Target and got some more tests. And ordered a onesie online with his favorite comic book character.  Was trying to wait until it arrived, express delivery scheduled for today, but couldn’t when, later on that same day he started watching a series for that same comic book character.  All he said was “wow” twice.  What a let down. *sigh*

What are you looking forward to in your pregnancy?

Hmm, will have to think about this.  Just the whole experience.

Any fears?

That it won’t be healthy. :(

51 posts
Worker bee

Excited to join, but a little wary as well. Nervous about all the possibilities, I think.

Thanksgiving day . . . I had been feeling weirdly bloated for the week prior, had taken a test on the Monday (which I thought may have been 10 DPO), which was negative. Had one left and had a weird thought about making sure I could drink at Thanksgiving dinner. Lo and behold, it was positive! I think I actually ovulated a week later, so it was 12 DPO.

Expected Aug. 3, based on my last menstrual period. No sono yet or anything.

Nope, first pregnancy.

I came back to bed and told him that I peed on a stick and there were two lines! Hehe. He asked what that meant, and I explained (also explained to him that there are no false positives on pregnancy tests). He was very excited and cute.

Everything! Especially motherhood. 

Any fears?

So many. The weirdest and scariest part is that I have to be a patient now! I’m used to the doctor role, as I’m a 4th year ob/gyn resident. I’ve also seen so many scary complications that I’m nervous about all the what ifs. Can’t wait for my first ultrasound in a week or so!

3655 posts
Sugar bee

So excited to join and HELLO other August Mama’s! 

Just this morning. Although I had a feeling on Monday! I’m 12DPO! 

FF says August 9th.

This is my first pregnancy. I do, however, have two stepsons. 

I just put the test on the bathroom counter and jumped back into bed. when he came upstairs he saw the test and then smiled and asked me if I was “happy as punch” after that he came and we cuddled in bed for a few mins. it was perfect.

Feeling the baby kick and move. 

Any fears?

I agree that not having a healthy baby would be my biggest fear.

753 posts
Busy bee

When did you find out and how? A few days before Thanksgiving! I POAS at 10 dpo and got a BFN. I got my squinter at 11 dpo and my BFP at 12.

When is your due date, known or expected? August 1st!

Do you have any other children? Nope first one

How did you tell your partner? I wanted to surprise him, but I needed a second pair of eyes to verify that I wasn’t hallucinating a line. LOL so the two of us were holding the test up to the light and squinting. Totally not what I expected, but what can ya do! haha

What are you looking forward to in your pregnancy? Telling our families, finding out the gender, feeling kicks….

Any fears? Of course! But for now I’m just trying to take it one day at a time.

SO excited to get to know you girls and go through this journey with you all! :)

3655 posts
Sugar bee

@skipper2010:  OH YAY!!! HI. I totally asked you what boards you’re on in the TTC thread! LOL! You’re HERE!!!! 

356 posts
Helper bee

Hi ladies! Congrats to all of you! I was hoping someone would start an august thread! I’m so excited to have you all to share this journey with, especially before we tell anyone!

When did you find out and how? I got my BFP on Thanksgiving! Like Skipper2010, I POAS at 10 dpo and got a BFN. I got a maybe almost barely line at 11 dpo and my BFP at 12.

When is your due date, known or expected? August 3, based on ovulation date. I’m calling the doctor in the morning.

Do you have any other children? Nope.

How did you tell your partner? I didn’t tell him about the maybe line at 11 dpo. When I tested the next morning, I set the timer on my phone, when it hit 5 minutes, I sent him to look at the test. He asked what he was looking for and when I told him a line, he asked “like that one?” and there it was!

What are you looking forward to in your pregnancy? Telling our families, finding out the gender, feeling kicks….

Any fears? Absolutely! Right now I’m nervous about just scheduling the doctors appointment. Even though this was planned, I’m feeling really overwhelmed about the whole thing! I also had the results from my pap smear come back abnormal (LSIL) a few days before my BFP, so I’m still nervous about that too. 

1584 posts
Bumble bee

Hi August Mamas!! I am so happy to join you all!!

When did you find out and how? I got my BFP on Thanksgiving!  I tested negative on a digital 13 dpo so I had given up for the month…a few days later, no AF, so I decided to test again…Positive!! I couldn’t believe it so I took 2 more…all positive :)   I kept my secret from everyone that day (while making my 1st Thanksgiving dinner for my fam and the in laws) !  I can’t believe no one noticed that I didn’t have any wine!

When is your due date, known or expected?  Aprox Aug 2nd?

Do you have any other children? I have an amazing 4yr old DD from my previous marriage…she is so happy to be a big sister….she is going to be such a help ( I hope…lol)

How did you tell your partner? I kept the secret on Thanksgiving day…hoping to think of some amazing way to tell him.  When I got home from work on Friday we were sitting on the couch and discussing what to make for dinner.  I couldn’t hold it in any longer…I told hime we should go out to dinner to ‘celebrate’.  He looked at me funny and said ‘celebrate what’?? I said celebrate that we are going to have a baby.  He was thrilled to say the least!

What are you looking forward to in your pregnancy? Finding out the gender…decorating a nursery…sharing the experience with my husband who at 42yrs old has no (bio)children (we have raised my daughter together since she was 1yr old….he is an amazing dad to her)

Any fears? Holy Hell….YES!  I worry about being an ‘older’ mom at 37yrs old and all the extra worries/concerns that come with it.  I am terrified of MC.  I have recently lost a lot of weight and I worry that I will fall back into my bad habits while prego and gain too much weight.  And a millions other things that randomly run through my head during the day!

3655 posts
Sugar bee

Ladies! I’m so excited our group is growing! And we’re still early so there’s more to come our way. 

Question: Do you plan to go: Green or find out the sex of the baby?? 

For us, I will be finding out ASAP. We have two boys (my stepsons) and I just want to know so I’m prepared! 

1584 posts
Bumble bee

@.twist.:  I want to find out ASAP too!! There is no way I could wait until the baby is born!

356 posts
Helper bee

I think we’re leaning towards staying team green,but we’ll see how we feel when it gets closer.

I called the doctor today to make an appointment, she said they usually see women between 8 and 10 weeks, which puts me into January (im out of town the week of xmas) and she said she couldn’t schedule me yet, they don’t have the January calendar! How crazy is that!

I asked her to have the midwife call me, partly so I can ask about the LSIL (abnormal pap results) and what I should do and partly so I can ask about what I can expect at my first appt. it’s a little tough for DH to take off work, but he definitely wants to do it if we get to see the baby! 

How are all of you feeling? Any symptoms? I have sore boobs, feel crampy off and on ( nothing major, just little twinges), and I’ve been super burpy. No idea if that last one is pregnancy related or not, but it’s getting really old, haha.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.