August 2013 Bees – Has Anyone Bought Anything From Your Registry Yet?

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Yeah!!  We’ve had 4 things bought… but one is something I just bought myself off of our registry because we needed it right away LoL.  One item an ex-coworker who is not invited to the wedding purchased as well…  I’m touched that she bought something but also feel a little awkward because she wasn’t invited and we don’t work together or see each other as often anymore!!

Post # 5
3806 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

YAY! Someone bought 2 wash cloths. :-/ dah well… that’s 2 more than what we had

Post # 7
430 posts
Helper bee

I agree it seems weird but people didn’t start buying gifts for the shower until right before. i had mine in April so we have a bunch purchased already but nothing from the wedding yet. Guests are just slow. 

Post # 8
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We’ve had 17 things purchased, but one of those I bought (a door mat that I really loved and didn’t want to miss out on), a bunch were Christmas gifts, and then a few FMIL and one of her sisters bought us for a small shower that we had a few weeks ago. One of my showers isn’t until July or early August and I’m not sure if my MOH has chosen a date for hers (or if she’s for sure doing one; I told her only to do it if she really wanted to), so I’m not really expecting things to be purchased.

Post # 9
8905 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

I’ve had a couple things purchased, and another gift that’s not on our registry showed up yesterday.  (But it’s cool! A cooler / picnic basket in a backpack – useful cause we’re super outdoorsy.)

However, I’m not having a shower, so I’m sure people are waiting til closer to the date.

Post # 10
298 posts
Helper bee

Nada, shower 1.5 weeks away, I wouldn’t worry about it. When I buy gifts I always figure out what I plan to get in advance, but never really get around to it until  a day or two before.

Post # 11
1555 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

A little more than 1/2 the gifts from our registry have been purchased. I don’t know the date of my shower, since its a surprise. In my circle, we only give physical gifts for the shower, not the wedding, so I don’t expect that much more to be purchased. 

Post # 12
3718 posts
Sugar bee

My shower was the past Saturday. on Friday afternoon, 2 things had been purchased from the registry. EVERYTHING else was purchased Saturday morning before the shower. 

Post # 13
469 posts
Helper bee

My shower is on Sunday and so far 3 things have been purchased from the registry!

Post # 15
1252 posts
Bumble bee

3 on both registries. Its fun to check, I’m not going to lie:)

Post # 16
1329 posts
Bumble bee

I was shocked to look at our registry. I thought everyone would wait till the last minute to purchase something like I normally do, but so far flat ware, dining ware, duvet set and all matching sheets and pillowcases have been purchased as well as the wooden salad bowl set and wooden servers to go with it. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors