August 2013 bees, how is married life?

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
30284 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@sherryberry:  I’m not an August 2013 bride, but I just wanted to pop in with a hug!  I totally understand what you’re talking about – there are days when I wish we could go back to those “on cloud nine” feelings from our wedding day.  But it sounds like you two are settling into married life just fine! 🙂

Post # 4
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Oooh I definitely miss my wedding!!  It happened so fast, sometimes I just close my eyes and try to relive the moments haha.

Married life isn’t great!!  Mostly because my new husband’s been out of state on a job since the end of September.  For the first couple of weekends he came back (a 4.5 hour drive each way for him!), but last weekend and this upcoming one he won’t be able to come back since they are nearing their deadline (which got pushed back as well).  It’s lonely!  We do a google hangout every night, but of course I would prefer to have him home, sigh 🙂  That first month after was awesome though!  I’m looking forward to him coming home, which is estimated to be this Monday but might be later 😡

Post # 5
873 posts
Busy bee

I love being a MRS! I sometimes miss all the excitment and fun of planning but I also just love being a wife. I was at an in-law family event and the older women were making jokes about sex and I realized that in their eyes it was finally accpetable for me to be part of that conversation. I felt legitamized or something.

My DH was one of those people that originally said he would never get married and really just got married to make me happy. He knew he wanted to spend his life with me, but marriage just didn’t mean anything to him. Its funny though because he really loves being married, i think it was a big surprise for him. I am so pleased it made him happy as well

Post # 7
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@sherryberry:  Should be soon since his project is wrapping up, I’m hoping Monday but you never know what will happen 😡  Still, I’m glad it’s soon!

Post # 8
1531 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@WillowTreeWade:  I’ve noticed the same thing about the sex comments lol! I also feel like I’ve finally been accepted as an adult lol

Married life has been so fun! We have lots of changes because we are moving an hour away for me to start nursing school so that will be interesting lol but exciting! I also occasionally miss my wedding because it was such an amazing day!

Post # 10
8850 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

We’re having fun!  It’s busy busy.  My husband started working night shifts at his job as a hospital RN, so we go days without really seeing each other.  But I travel a lot for my job too, so time apart is not too out of the ordinary.

We just got our pictures this weekend so that made me freaking psyched!

And my wedding kittens are adorable 🙂

@sherryberry:  I was sorry to read your other post about how things are hard right now.  I supported both of us while my guy was finishing school and also dealing with a pretty bad mental health crisis.  I was happy to do so, but it’s tough… it was pretty important for me to know that it was temporary, as we’re trying to work and save a bunch of money for a few years.  Anyway, hugs, good luck  xoxo

Post # 12
1773 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi ladies, remember me?!.. I’ve been gone for a few months but I’m back!! (And pregnant!!!!) I’ve missed you guys!

DH and I had an army wife photo shoot post wedding As well. Here’s a sneak peak!

Post # 14
116 posts
Blushing bee

Hey Ladies. Married life is good so far. I love my husband so much and I love being his Mrs. We are pregnant already and expecting our little one in June 2014. I am so excited about what life has to offer us. Glad you all are well.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors