August 2013 Bees What Is Your Current Biggest Stressor?

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Not knowing how long everything will take! I seem to be producing a bit of a timeline, but it feels like guess work!

Post # 4
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

DIY projects for sure! I am making my placecards/table numbers/programs with my die-cutting machine and it is taking DAYS! Aside from that I still have other DIY decor to finish and getting everything on track is like herding cats.

Good luck with your centerpieces OP! You can totally DIY them if you have to. I hope you have help!

Post # 5
3806 posts
Honey bee

@RainStorm:  speak to your photographer, hair stylist and MUA after the trials and ask them. that’s what helped me. do you have a day-of coordinator? he/she can look over what you put together and tweek it too.

Post # 6
3806 posts
Honey bee

My biggest stressor is probably making sure I pack everything together in the right boxes for the people at the hotel. I have a few items that I’m bringing down that they will set up for me. But aside from that, nothing. 

I stayed away from all things “DIY”. So the florist is bringing and setting up centerpieces, and the photo booth folks are making our guestbook as people take pictures. I ordered the placecards and they should be here in 2 weeks. So all I have to do is make sure I pack them and label things correctly.

Post # 7
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@TaurianDoll:  yeah, the hair and makeup lady has organised that end of things. It’s the post-ceremony cake and champagne that seems to be causing me grief. I’ve kind of made it up now 🙂

Post # 8
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

We have a super long list of things to do, but for the most part, I know a lot of them are easy things, it’s just a matter of having time to do them.  The biggest thing I am dreading is working on the seating plan!!  We can have max 10 guests at a single table, and we both have “groups” of friends that will overlap, not to mention several friends who are peripheral to those groups and also opted not to bring a guest/date… not sure how we will pepper them all in to a comfortable seating arrangement!

Post # 9
1428 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center

We don’t really have a DOC…  my future brother-in-law’s girlfriend would be awesome at it, and said she wouldn’t mind helping out, but I feel terribly guilty about asking her!  I am stressing out about it!  I just like to be in control, and figuring out who to turn all the little details over to that I would trust and not feel terrible at making them work during the wedding…  Stressful!

Post # 10
216 posts
Helper bee

I have been feeling pretty good about the wedding, thinking I had a handle on everything, had my DIY projects done long ago, etc. But yesterday, my mom talked to someone at the venue (a hotel) and found out they JUST booked an event in the middle of our space (it splits into three, we are using one side for the ceremony, and then all three for the reception) for 7pm the night before our wedding. So we will only be able to decorate that part when the Friday  event is over and cleaned up.

I am NOT happy about decorating late at night (even if it’s only one section) when I would like to be relaxing and trying to get a good sleep the night before the wedding. People keep trying to tell me, oh it will be fine, it will all work out. I am sure it will, but I can still be upset about the situation and find it incredibly inconvenient!! Also, my family keeps suggesting a million people they know who can help us decorate. I appreciate the help, but I am feeling like a bit of a control freak and am going to have to deal with all the decorations I have obsessed over for the last year being put up by random people. Again, I will deal with it and the wedding will go on, but I am sure finding it stressful!!

Post # 11
873 posts
Busy bee

MONEY! I just feel like there is so much left for me to buy and I just don’t know exactly how i am going to do it. Really it’s just a lot of little things but they add up.

Post # 12
108 posts
Blushing bee

Trying to not think about wedding stuff!!!!! I’m in a super intense graduate program that goes through August 12th… yep, 6 days before the wedding! I have such a hard time not thinking about all the stuff I have to get done in those 6 days (it will all be fine, I know it). I just want to finally get to the 12th and switch over to wedding mode!!!!

Oh yeah, and my flipping dress isn’t back from alterations. GRRR!

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee

My biggest stressor is how my dress will fit once I do the final fitting. It is custom made, and it  is in Panama so I will not be able to try it own until a week before the wedding.

Weight wise I wish I was a bit , so that is also that stress me from time to time, but then I try to focus an all that is to come and try to shake it off. I am working out and watching what I eat so at this point it is what it is. The important thing is the FI loves how I look 🙂

Post # 14
842 posts
Busy bee

My dress fitting perfectly! I have my second alterations appointment on Aug 14, and if everything goes well, it should be done. My weight has never yo-yoed until but I am super paranoid that stress will make me gain or lose a crazy amount of weight between the 14 and the 31. I know it’s crazy lol, I just want my dress to look and feel amazing. 

Post # 15
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Making sure everything gets to the right places/people. Thankfully, I can set up the reception decor myself, but I’m worried that one of us will forget something on the day of. :

Post # 16
789 posts
Busy bee

I’m pretty zen right now actually. Definitely money, and making sure that we have enough to pay the people that we need to pay but that will work itself out. Mostly right now I’m thinking about how to fit four people, lots of wedding stuff and two big suitcases into our little car.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors