(Closed) August 2013 Bees- When did you get engaged/ When are you getting married?

posted 4 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
11242 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

FI proposed February 4th, 2012, and we’re getting married on August 23rd. We originally chose the 24th, right up until we found out that our reception venue’s Saturday minimum was WAY more than we wanted to spend. Friday’s was half that, which we could hit with no issues.

It also happens to be a friend’s birthday, something we didn’t find out until months after we’d booked everything and a month after we sent STDs. Oh well, she doesn’t really care.

Post # 4
425 posts
Helper bee

We got engaged August 17, 2011 and will be getting married August 17, 2013!!

We knew we wanted a summer wedding (FI and my mom work in school system) and longer engagement to plan and save so when we saw the 17th was a Saturday it was an easy decision!

Post # 5
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

We got engaged March 13, 2012!  Knew we wanted August 17, 2013 because it’s our 6 year anniversary date falling on a Saturday.  I pretty much told him sometime in 2011 (after we’d finally moved in together) that that was the date I wanted, and he’d have to propose ~a year and a half in advance to guarantee our venue (location where we had our first date) haha!  Lucky for me he went along with it 😉

Post # 6
299 posts
Helper bee

We got engaged September 20, 2012 and are getting married August 17, 2013. Only 78 more days to go!! We knew we wanted to get married in the summer because we live in northern Michigan and have family from all over and didn’t want winter weather to stop anyone from coming. Also, spring time and September can be really cold, the warm weather doesn’t start until June. Once we narrowed it down, we randomly chose August 17.

Post # 7
3831 posts
Honey bee

FI proposed on Christmas Day – December 25, 2012. We are getting married on August 24, 2013. 

We decided on August because our anniversary is on August 25, 2013. So we chose the 24th, a Saturday.

Post # 8
55 posts
Worker bee

We got engaged on February 14, 2012, and we’re getting married on August 10, 2013!  We wanted an August wedding, and the 10th was available at our venue!  We liked the 17th, too, but it’s one of the groomsmen’s birthday so we opted for the 10th.

Post # 9
79 posts
Worker bee

Engaged on August 17, 2012, and hope to be married on August 16th. I always wanted a summer wedding and a year engagement! 

Post # 10
1425 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center

We got engaged on February 12, 2012, and are getting married August 17, 2013!  Needed to have a summer wedding, went to a lottery for the venue we wanted and got to pick like, 3rd or something ridiculous, and all of August was still open, so we went with the 17th.  I had tentatively put that date down on a couple websites, just because I liked the look of it, so it was convenient that it worked out!  

Post # 11
9173 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Wheeee!  It’s coming up soon, huh girls?!

We got engaged on July 27 2012 – it was the day before a two week vacation that involved a big music fest, a backpacking trip with family and friends, my sister’s wedding, and a mini-reunion on my FI’s family’s side!  So it was pretty awesome to be newly engaged and basically see everyone we care about in the next couple weeks.

Picked the 24th because we 1000% wanted a summer wedding but my job (wildlife biologist) is pretty hectic until late summer.  Originally we thought Labor Day weekend but various people already had plans, so we moved it up a week.  

Post # 15
825 posts
Busy bee

FI proposed on August 27, 2012 and we’ll be married on August 31, 2013. 

Post # 16
217 posts
Helper bee

We got engaged on July 7th, 2012 and will be married August 10th. We wanted a spring or summer wedding so we wouldn’t have to worry about guests travelling (or rather, being unable to travel) during the Canadian winter. Also, August is usually the least busy time of year for me as a grad student. Hoping for beautiful summer weather 🙂

The topic ‘August 2013 Bees- When did you get engaged/ When are you getting married?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors