August 2013 Bees – Your FI

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My FI is the one because he had everything on my “must have” list… 1) responsible 2) sincere 3) funny 4) respectful 5) family oriented…. those may not sound like hard qualities to find in a guy, but you’d be suprised… it was very soon after we started dating that I knew he was the one… and it must have been the same for him, since he proposed 2 months after we became bf/gf (however, our families have known eachother for decades)… he’s the love of my life and cannot wait to be his wife!!!

Post # 4
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

This is mine. We met on my first day at our old job and it was basically love at first sight. It took him three months to finally work up the courage to say something to me, though he came through my line every day. We started getting to know each other, but, unfortunately, I was seeing my a-hole ex. Then his ex moved back to town and they started dating. We were miserable together, hanging out at work and school (we also went to school together). FINALLY, we were both single and started seeing each other. Our first year wasn’t so great, but we worked through it and have been together for almost 5 years now.

I knew I wanted to marry him from day one. Seriously. I looked at my friend who worked there and said, “I am SO going to marry that one.” We’re very supportive of one another and have basically everything in common. Anything that’s different complements the other. We’re rubbing off on each other in good ways (I’m becoming more frugal like him and he’s becoming more communicative and stands up for himself more).

Post # 5
233 posts
Helper bee

i met my fiancé online , oddly enough. He lived about 60 miles south but the first time we met I knew he was different Than anyone I’d dated before. We’ve been almost insuperable since. He holds all the values and characteristics I had looked for. He is amazing and absolutely my best friend. 

Post # 6
430 posts
Helper bee

I first saw my FI at the summer camp we both worked before beginning our careers in the fall. On my way out with my little preschool campers he smiled at me and I remember telling my mom all about this cute boy who i saw and shared a smile with. Then a few days later he asked me to a BBQ at his house that weekend. During all the shopping and preparation, he actually said if I can wrap bacon wrapped shrimp as good as him he would marry me. Little did he know that I would and 5 years later we will be saying I do! Then after a month of dating we moved to VT and haven’t looked back. Since then we both found careers we love and adopted a cute little puppy! 

Post # 7
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Love this thread idea, and love reading about everyone’s meet cute stories!!

FI and I first meet at a summer internship that had a ton of interns but we were the only interns in the marketing area so we saw each other all the time.  It really wasn’t until the end of summer that we had to do a presentation together that we started to hang out more and stuff, and we became pretty good friends that evolved into dating!  I love him so much, he’s so thoughtful, responsible, sweet, reliable, funny, knowledgeable, he is just amazing!!  He’s literally my best friend and is always surprising me.  I always feel like we are so lucky to have found each other.  Our wedding day marks our 6 year anniversary!

Post # 8
317 posts
Helper bee

This is FI and I. We met online 3.5 years ago – it was an unsure start, but we grow stronger every day.  He’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a hubby! So excited!

Post # 9
1112 posts
Bumble bee

FI’s aunt taught me in high school. One day he was sitting in our class working on a project he needed her help on. As soon as I saw him I liked him, and I went up and said hi to him after class. I had an incredibly secret crush on him for years as I discovered he went to my grandparents church and had become friends with one of my old friends. A few years later he asked me out spontaneously, and now here we are getting married! There are so many little connections between us that there is literally no way we could have not met. We were meant to be together!

Post # 10
38 posts
Newbee

I met Mike in Nov. 2005 and we started dating Feb. 2006. Got Engaged Christmas morning 2007. Started planning the wedding, but “life” happened and we had our gorgeous son Thanksgiving night 2009.  Now we have 50 days til “I DO”! There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for this man…well, these men!

Post # 11
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Aw I love this! Y’all are so cute with your fellas. (And don’t worry, every day I get more and more psyched about marrying my guy – the stress is a very minor compared to the joy!) 

I’ll update when I’m not on my phone.

Post # 12
1631 posts
Bumble bee

This is my FI. I honestly can’t wait to be his wife. He is kind and gentle – sweeter then any man I have ever been with. He is a hardworker who loves his mom and hass good ol’ values in life. He is responsible and trustworthy and everyone always raves about his awesome hugs. 🙂

I am stressed. I am freaking out. But he reminded me the other day that if all of the stuff we don’t have finished never gets done – that our wedding will still be amazing due to everything that is already set-up. I need his calming once in a while – it’s what keeps me sane. I love him so much!

Post # 14
1631 posts
Bumble bee

@ejay15:  Lol – yes he was a pike – I abso HATE this shirt though because it has their sign and then a heart and the sign of their sister sorority. He doesn’t keep in touch with any of the girls I just hate the notion.

But – yes – he a Pike 🙂 Good job on guessing since its almost all hidden!

Post # 16
579 posts
Busy bee

I am so so soooo excited to be this guys wife. He is THEE most caring, considerate, loving individual on this planet. I CANNOT wait to marry him! <3 AND, to have the same last name as these two handsome boys <3

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors