August 2013 Bride–Introduction

posted 1 year ago in August 2013
7066 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@lawbride88: Hey lady!  We’ve have the same wedding date!  If you want to see what’s going on with other August 2013 brides, there’s a special board here.  http://boards.weddingbee.com/board/august-2013

I’m none of the things you listed… Wyomingite, post-grad school and now a wildlife biologist… but I’ll still be your buddy!  :)

7066 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@lawbride88:  Yup pretty exciting!  When did you get engaged?  I did in the end of July.  Wanna see my ring?  Sure you do!  It was my great-grandmother’s :)  How about yours?

I do have a dress… it’s a pretty simple stretchy lace sheath from Macy’s.  We’re having a somewhat casual outdoor wedding, so I think it’ll be perfect.  (I’m not a big poofy dress girl at all.)  Colors are going to be turquoise, yellow, coral, peach.  Lots of colorful paper lanterns and wildflowers everywhere.  Our bridal party is just going to be my sister and his sister and brother… we haven’t talked to em yet about it but will over the holidays.  

How bout you?  Do you have your venue reserved?  Seems like that’s the first thing to get accomplished, and it gives you an idea of everything else.  That and a budget of course.  These suckers are pricey!

Welcome! 

7066 posts
Busy Beekeeper

That’s gorgeous!  

We’ve been together a long time but haven’t wanted to get married until we felt all settled down with a house and careers (I’m 30, he’s 32).  So he’s known my parents foreve, and he knew I definitely wanted this ring for sentimental and financial reasons, rather than a new one.  So anyway yeah, he went to my parents not necessarily ask their permission, but to ask their blessing.  And then was like, “Um, can I grab that ring?”  Haha.  They were super thrilled :)

7066 posts
Busy Beekeeper

We’re going to start trying for kids in a couple years.  I’ll be kinda old but we’ve had a bit of a delayed adolescence so we’re just getting into our careers now … gotta save up some money.  (Plus I’ll probably have to quit my job cause I travel alllll the time.)

How long have you two been together?  Are you long distance for a while? Been there, done that, it sucks!

4643 posts
Honey bee

Hello I am not a date twin a state twin or a job twin… But I am a fellow student (going to school for social work) and I am only 1 state up from Cali lol!

I am getting married the weekend before you! YAY! 

What do you have done already? I could not imagine trying to plan from out of state… That must be hard! Are you moving back to Cali before the wedding?

559 posts
Busy bee

Hey! I got engaged a month ago to my SO/FH of five and a half years. We are finally going to be Mr. and Mrs. in early August. 

We are having a very private, no frills wedding — just me, him, a photographer, and perhaps my FSIL & FBIL. We are doing it either where we live (WA) or in Hawaii for a little destination wedding and minimoon. This will have to be decided this winter. I am planning on buying my wedding dress in April, and hiring a photographer in February — and that is pretty much it for us. 

1020 posts
Bumble bee

Congratulations and welcome to the August 2013 boards! I live in central

california!

1233 posts
Bumble bee

@elle_z:  You are my date twin, from Wa also! Cool. :)

25 posts
Newbee

hello, I’m not a date twin but I am doing the long-distance planning thing which at times feels a bit insane. I live in Rome (Italy not Georgia!) but will be getting married in Oxford so am trying to go back & forwards between here and the UK.

@lolot I love your ring, it’s beautiful! so great having a meaningful ring – mine was my FI’s mother’s engagement ring, she passed when he was 15 so I was really honoured when FI’s dad asked us if we’d like to use it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.