August 2013 brides whats the order of your ceremony!?

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
2878 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Although we aren’t mentioning God in our ceremony, I used the Episcopalian wedding ceremony as a base, then removed all the God stuff and added stuff back in.

Basically:

Dearly beloved: we are gathered here today to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in holy matrimony. 

Some stuff about marriage

Into this union X and Y now come to be joined.  If any of you can show just cause why they may not lawfully be married, speak now, or else forever hold your peace. 

I require and charge you both that if either of you know any reason why you may not be united in marriage lawfully, you do now confess it.

X, do you take this man to be your lawful husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him, as long as you both shall live?

I do.

Y, do you take this woman to be your lawful wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her, as long as you both shall live?

I do.

A bit more talking about marriage

Please repeat after me:

I, Y, take you, X, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part.

I, X, take you Y, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part. 

X, I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you.

Y, I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you.

Now that Y and X have given themselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving and receiving of a ring, I pronounce that they are husband and wife.  You may kiss the bride. 

Hope that helps!  Our ceremony is super short, but that gives you an  idea of the outline.

Post # 4
8907 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@loving_life:  that is helpful!

We’re not doing any readings or any unity ceremonies.  Ours is going to be roughly:

Officiant comes in, makes announcement about please no photos.

Entrances by hubby  parents, ring bearer, flower girl, me & parents.

Officiant says welcome to everyone – so happy to have you here in this special place – thank you to family for all their love and support et – remember those who can’t be here etc

Officiant (old friend) says stuff about us and why he’s officiating

Some stuff about love and marriage

Personalized vows to each other

Traditional vows (repeat after officiant)

Some more about love / marriage

Some stuff about what rings symbolize

Ring exchange (“with this ring, I thee wed)

I now pronounce you husband and wife – you may kiss the bride!

Ladies and gentleman, introducing the Mr. & Mrs!

Bubble exit

Ha, can you tell we haven’t written it yet?!?!  Ack!  This week!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors