(Closed) August 2013 – Invitations

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@ejay15:  It looks great! We picked the person who will do our invitiations earlier this week, but we won’t start designing them with her until January.

Post # 4
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I am planning to diy my invitations much like this one, but with the beach as the background:

On the back I want to add a pocket (just like a pocketfold but without the fold part) for inserts.  It’s going to be a lot of work but we’re doing engagement photos in early August (to get the pic we’ll use) so I hope to get working design and initial assembly done soon!!  😀

Post # 5
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Oo I didn’t even comment on yours, @ejay15:  sorry!!  I think it looks great!  The only very small thing is I don’t know if it’s on purpose, but the ampersand between your and your groom’s names connects with your name but not with your grooms.  I would suggest either a big ampersand that backgrounds both of your names, or space your name just a teeny tiny bit higher so that the ampersand’s not connecting.

Post # 6
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Post # 8
425 posts
Helper bee

@ejay15I think your invites are very pretty. When I first saw they I was immediately reminded by this video I saw on embossing, she uses a similar image. This would definitely add a little something. I have tried it and its pretty easy just might take some time but it looks AWESOME! If you liked the idea, I would suggest moving the wording so it wasn’t over the image, maybe just on one and you can then stamp and emboss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9-LTVzi5c&feature=player_embedded

@elysion: I love yours! Cannot wait to see them all done. The pocket idea sounds really cute too!

We just booked our invtiation designer and will start planning shortly. Our first step is paper and I think we are going to use a white wood grain textured paper for the folder! I cannot wait to see it all come together, the paper is the perfect combination of rustic and elegance.

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee

We have our papers picked out & will be picking them up probably at the end of the month (the shop I’m getting them from usually has a huge 50% sale at the end of June), and the wording mostly worked out.  Will post a pic once I have my lovely embossed, pearlized paper in my hands…

Post # 11
425 posts
Helper bee

@ejay15Your weclome. We aren’t making our own invites so I am a little sad I won’t be embossing but it was pretty cool. I definitely reccommend using a colored stamp and clear embossing powder. Your image shows up way better. And then to try it out you don’t need to buy the gun, a really hot blow dyrer will work or I actually found the toaster oven was best. I just used tongs to hold it close to the heat and within seconds it was set! 

The topic ‘August 2013 – Invitations’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors