ahead of the game : (10 votes)
    8 %
    right on track : (13 votes)
    11 %
    a little behind : (11 votes)
    9 %
    way behind : (5 votes)
    4 %
    wishing I was already married : (20 votes)
    17 %
    excited : (25 votes)
    21 %
    scared : (6 votes)
    5 %
    overwhelmed : (14 votes)
    12 %
    happy : (14 votes)
    12 %
    2749 posts
    Sugar bee

Working on the invitations. The wording, the font, and getting them sent out (our guests are impatient, so we’re not adhering to etiquette!)

I’d like to find my veil :)

4643 posts
    Honey bee

• Finish sending out Save The Dates
    • FIND A OFFICIANT 
    • Buy my veil
    • Find DJ
    • Order first part of Bridesmaid gifts
    • Order all the stuff for my DIY projects
    • Keep de-labeling wine bottles
    • Actually start on cleaning the mason jars

1218 posts
    Bumble bee

I can’t believe it is 2013 already, in less than 9 months we all be married Bees! Laughing I am so excited even though August is still pretty far out!! I am definitely feeling overwhelmed with planning because I have been doing most of it with FI helping here and there. But I know it will be well worth all the work that is being put into our wedding planning! 

January To-Do List:

-Get save-the-dates ready to mail out first or second week of February

-Decide on veil, whether I am keeping current one or exchanging for matching veil to my dress

-Blocking out hotel rooms for our out-of-town guests

-Following up with our baker and getting contract from him

-Start to look at accessories

-Going on 6 month diet to lose 10-15 pounds before wedding

-Start looking at gifts for bridesmaids

-Buying postage for wedding invitations and Save-the-Dates

-Nail down theme for our wedding, thinking of vintage but not sure what era…do you have to have an era? (I am thinking lace, pearls, classic)

-Look at floral designs

-Start browsing invitations and narrowing down some choices

-RELAXING!

Cool

1020 posts
    Bumble bee

Well I am buying a dress this month lol! I just booked our dj but I need to find an officiant still. I feel like I’m pretty on top of things at this point, just need the dress lol!

1218 posts
    Bumble bee

@Firemansgirl:  I think finding the dress is the most fun part of wedding planning! Good luck and hope you say “yes” to the dress this month! 

1218 posts
    Bumble bee

@Firemansgirl:  When I shopped for my dress, I found the best thing to do is look at some dresses online and try to find ones that match your style or what you are looking for. I tried to think of styles of dresses that look good on me like empire waist or a-line, etc. Make some printouts of those styles of dresses and take them with you dress shopping. Or if you are going to a place like David’s Bridal or Alfred Angelo, place them in your favorites. I would also recommend not bringing more than a couple of friends with you when you go at most or your mom and your MOH. It seems to me the more people you bring, the more stressful dress shopping can be because everyone wants to give your their 2 cents with their opinions. Trust me, when you find the dress you will just “know”. Funny thing with my dress when I found it was that it was my 2nd dress, the first dress I got I didn’t feel like it was the “dress”. Keep an open mind with styles too, you never know what looks fabulous on you! The dress I ended up buying was not the style I originally had in mind but I love it! Cool

1020 posts
    Bumble bee

@lovelylight99:  Thank you for the advice:)! I went shopping last week and found a dress I love but I have 2 appointments this Saturday! I had 7 people wanting to come shopping but luckily one of the stores allows only 2-3 so just bringing my mom and sister:) 

1218 posts
    Bumble bee

@Firemansgirl: Awesome! I would definitely be looking at more than one store! Yes, definitely good idea only to bring a couple of people with you! 7 people would have been way too many people for me! LOL Have fun at your appointments! Cool

430 posts
    Helper bee

I am so excited its 2013!! For January we have on our list:

• First Tux appointment to select style (found an awesome coupon so need to go before Jan 15th)
    • Shopping with mom for MOB dress
    • Another dress fitting for my dress (store is closing so trying to get as much done as possible before April)
    • Might start working on some small DIY projects
    • Starting a Biggest Loser Challenge with FI, mom, dad, and sister
    • Getting our BP gifts engraved

And I think that is it, we have all the major things done so we are in a really good spot.

11349 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Argh, I don’t know what to do. I just might have lost a BM (I posted about it, but TL;DR she put in her time off request and her new supervisor told her no). 

- Decide on accessories

- Get back into working out

- Juuuuuuust reworked our invitation wording (sounds so much better now)

- Find out wtf is going on with friend’s runners she used (apparently her mom has them and she is taking FOREVER finding out what she did with them!)

- Stress out about paying for the reception because no one will give me a straight answer

- Try not to kill FI every time he mentions the wedding/being invited/+1s for people who are not invited/are not getting a +1

- Keep working on DIY stuff

- Get in touch with my cousin who’s baking our cupcakes

- Try to figure out a date we can do our second tasting since I’ve been hounding FI for two months for his coaching schedule and am getting nowhere (not totally his fault). If not, FI is on his own choosing between the pork he did have and the fish that he didn’t (I hate both and think he should choose something else, but I made my entree decision)

1485 posts
    Bumble bee

#1 priority this month (more like THIS WEEK) is print out the MASTER TO DO LIST and hang it on the wall.  And stop putting everything off!  AWFUL.

• Engagement pictures finally happening this weekend!  So excited!
    • Book the caterer.  
    • Design and send out STDs
    • Find the elusive dress that cannot be found to try on to determine if I like that one or the one I’ve actually gotten to try on but will need way more alterations best.
    • Call the hotel to see if we can even block rooms…
    • Tell FI to start looking at DJs because I can’t possibly motivate myself to do that!

And…  I think that is it!  For now.  Gosh, I feel so behind right now, and just don’t feel like doing anything about anything right now.  I want to take off a week each month from work (or maybe just a day) to start actually getting stuff done and making all the calls and shenanigans that need to happen!  

New year, hopefully new attitude and more motivation!

379 posts
    Helper bee

Now that I’m back from Croghan and slightly less frazzled…

• reschedule 2nd dress fitting
    • reschedule florist appointment
    • get Mr. Cajun to finish making honeymoon reservations

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.