Post # 1
Hello girls noticed we didnt have our June to do list up yet so I thought I would post it!
I only have a short list this month-
- Keep collecting DIY project materials
- Work on a few DIY projects
- Take my giveaway win dress to a alterations lady to see if it can be saved or if it is a bust 🙁
Post # 3
1. Still looking for a DJ (suggestions anyone?)
2. work on DIY projects (2 large giftbags done so far, and most of the materials for the centerpieces collected)
3. talk to alterations lady
Post # 4
@cajungirl81: Shoot I still have to find a DJ (thanks for the reminder)
Add look into DJ’s (OR talk to fi about a Ipod wedding?)
Post # 5
I’ll post my completefloat tomorrow. I didn’t get everything accomplished last month, so some of it I will be attempting to accomplish this month. And then the goal is to have an easy mostly wedding free July.
Post # 6
My list for June is pretty short too. We are going to work on compliling addresses for the STD’s and then print up the post cards. I will post a pic of them soon =) Fiance did such an awesome job!
Umm and besides that, We really don’t have much left. I really want to work on my scrap book because I wanted to have it finished by the wedding. Its about us up until the wedding day so I will probably focus on that.
Post # 7
My list is pretty short this month! I need to figure out where we should have our photographer take our e-pics and what Fiance and I are going to wear (we’re having the pics taken July 7th). I also need to make or buy a chalkboard sign that’s light enough for our dog to wear around his neck for our STD photo.
That’s about it, though! I’m taking a few months off of any major planning. We’ll be back home in September (where we’re getting married) and will be getting a lot done then.
Post # 8
1. Finish collecting addresses
2. Get Save-The-Date Cards sent out at the end of the month
3. Continue working on shoes
4. Plan out DIYs and get to work!
Post # 9
A lot of my June to-do list is things that didn’t get finished in May.
- Finish wedding website. (Should be ready in a week or two)
- Update our blog. (Haven’t updated it since February, and a lot has changed)
- Put deposit on DJ.
- Buy monogram. (Got an awesome vintage tandem bicycle; its basically ready I just have to pay for it).
- Put deposit on string quartet.
- Get guest list from mom and Fiance with addresses. (FI is working on his; mom hasn’t even started).
- Book church.
- Schedule pre-marital counseling.
- Clean out my 1000s of wedding inspiration pictures. (This is a never ending task; the hassles of once dreaming of becoming a wedding planner).
- Decide on Save-The-Date Cards, and order!
- Book engagement session.
Depending on if hearing from these vendors:
- Book photobooth.
- Book caterer.
Post # 10
So many of you have Save-the-Dates in progress already. I thought those weren’t supposed to go out until January-ish? What do you girls know that I don’t know? 🙂
1) Engagement Pics this weekend!!! Weather permitting. Still gotta settle on a nail polish color. And get my ring cleaned. FI’s been such a good sport this week listening to me ramble on endlessly about outfits and colors.
2) Engagement Party next weekend! Gotta figure out what to wear to that too I guess. 🙂 I’ve been told I’m not allowed to help cook or decorate, so I guess my only responsiblity is to make sure my guests know how to get there.
2.5) Still debating if I should try to get the website ready by the party and hand out the address to people.
3) Meet with our priest and sign up for Pre-Cana/Engaged Encounter.
4) Start going to bridal shows again to look for DJs.
5) Start getting serious about dress hunting. (Bride and Bridesmaid)
Post # 11
@koi424: We’re only sending our Save-The-Date Cards out this early b/c we’re doing a week long destination wedding. We have guests who are already having to put in time-off requests and families traveling from abroad. We wanted to make sure everyone had plenty of notice so that they can decide if they want to come or not.
Post # 12
– Work on wedding website (I had a lot of it done and then lost it all )
– Work on centerpiece designs
– Check out ceremony venue (we can’t book it until August, but it’s very pretty and perfect for what we want) – DONE
– Choose tuxes – DONE (we did this yesterday, actually, and had a great experience)
– Sketch bouquet ideas (we’re doing silk flowers since a) real ones are expensive and only available in quantities WAY bigger than we need, and b) I can get exactly the flowers that I want if they’re not real)
– Start looking at e-session outfits (e-session in July)
– I guess we’re having a small engagement party/dinner this week with FI’s dad and stepmom? And by that I mean I think they’re taking us to dinner, haha.
Post # 13
@vorpalette: Fiance has a tux that he really loves and it has a matching groomsmen tux that makes the groom stand out but of course it’s not in store and is order only so we might not get to see it for a long while.
I love how fast you are getting everything accomplished; it makes me feel like I’m not as far ahead.
Also I look forward to seeing your sketches; you will have to post them.
Post # 14
@koi424: I have a specific photo I want to have taken for our Save-The-Date Cards when we have our e-pics taken, but I’m not planning on sending ours out until February!
Post # 15
@koi424: We are planning on sending ours this summer so it will be a year in advance. 99% of our guests are four hours or more away so we want to give people as much notice. We are starting now because we are printing them ourselves so its going to take time. And I am actually glad we did because the guest list discussion with the in laws are not going over too well.
Post # 16
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center
Man, you are all so organized and on top of everything! My to do list is this: narrow down list of potential photographers, more caterer research, potentially pick a photog or caterer. That’s it!