(Closed) August 2013 – May accomplishments

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 4
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I don’t think I’m going to get much else done for may except some technical details!

• contracted photobooth
  • contracted photographer
  • put deposit down for videographer
  • let dj know we’re going with them
  • finished dancing flip flops (but no sign yet)
  • bought 3 glass terrariums
  • started making mini bunting decor (almost but can’t say I’m actually done~)
  • asked a friend a few nights ago to be our officiant, he said yes~
  • talked to friendor about doing makeup, not sure if we’re going to actually have a contract or not

to do:

• sign official contract with videographer (we put the deposit down before we picked our package)
  • put down deposit and sign contract for dj

And then I think it’ll be June!!

Post # 5
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m done my stuff until late September!  My Maid/Matron of Honor is getting married and I’m in her bridal party, so we’re focusing on that right now!

Post # 7
1576 posts
Bumble bee

Oh I like this thread. This makes me feel much better about myself than the to-do threads. πŸ™‚

Accomplished in May:

-Engagement Party Invites Out!
-Made test batch of DIY chocolate favors and crunched numbers on cost
-Lost 5 pounds!
-Started seriously adding items to the registry
-Started writing up website content
-Started picking out clothes for engagement photo session 

Post # 8
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I don’t think I’ve gotten much done this month, mostly because I’ve been working 6-day weeks for the past few months. I feel like I should be doing something or going crazy?

– Signed our photographer contract/deposit
– Scheduled our engagement session
– Signed our reception venue contract/deposit
– Added a bunch of stuff to our registry
– Started working on our wedding website 

Post # 11
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@his chippymunk:  Honestly, I have nothing else to do right now, wedding-wise. I started a Target registry and have been combing the website and adding things online whenever I get bored or think of something. I’ve also been working 6 days a week, so it was one of the few things that I could do without much mess. πŸ™‚

Post # 12
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Wedding website is ready to go!  STDs are back from the printer, and ready to go out next month.  Shoes are in a holding pattern, but more crystals have been ordered.  Venue is two thumbs up… I think we made some good progress!

Post # 13
425 posts
Helper bee

Hmm I didn’t do too much in May. We decided not to make our invitations and I found a stationer I really like. I began Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping, will take the rest of the party in July. We also scheduled our tasting, almost finished the STD’s, and otherwise just enjoying being engaged. Pretty much all the big stuff is done so will probably relax through the summer!

Post # 14
582 posts
Busy bee

I Love this thread! I made my appointment to order my wedding dress on August 1st! I scheduled our engagement shoot. I bought plane tickets back to CA (I am living in NY long distance planning) for wedding stuff. Made an appointment to visit my venue again and show my Future Mother-In-Law. Shopped around online for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses…I think that’s it! πŸ™‚

My brother is getting married in July in Alaska so it has been back and forth with his wedding and mine. I have had my photographer, venue, dj/photobooth booked for quite awhile so I took a long break I am sure there will be a lot of things to do this summer! 

Post # 15
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@inspiredcreations:  Haha I’m glad someone is ahead of me. I’d tell people that I had our STDs/invites designed and ready to go, working on the wedding website, and they’d look at me like I was crazy. 

Oooh, we (my BMs and I) picked out their shoes and are pretty firm on the dresses.

Post # 16
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

wow you guys are all way ahead of the game!! Kudos to all of you!  I feel like I still have a million things left to do and only 127 days left to do it.  I guess that is what I get for having a 9.5 month engagement πŸ™‚

Happy Planning!

The topic ‘August 2013 – May accomplishments’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors