Post # 1
So I had one thing on my September To Do list and I didn’t accomplish it. So I’m putting it on this month’s and hoping it actually gets done. Did I mention it was on my to do list in August too? Whoops. Oh well, I’m still ahead of the game. How are my month twins doing?
Oh and in case you’re wondering, that one thing is sending our save the dates. FI is a champion procrasinator and apparently we have to do a lot more before we send them. Here’s a list of things involved in getting them sent:
- Getting them printed (done)
- Editing/finishing the website (done)
- Finish our registry (in progress)
- Finalize the guest list (this has been 99% done since July, but we’re still playing with it even though we have all of the labels typed up and addresses collected)
- Print our labels (at least I bought labels last month, though by now I could have handwritten all 200 of them)
- Finalize our hotel block (research and info was gathered in July, but we haven’t actually booked one yet. I’m hoping to do it this morning after he wakes up)
- Buy stamps
- I’m sure when I finish the above I’ll get a new list lol
Also, I made a way more in depth poll this month 🙂
Post # 3
I keep telling myself that I need to get started on my DIY projects, but I just don’t have the motivation. I was going to organize and clean out our computer room this weekend (so I could move my wedding stuff back in there), but we got home from running errands on Saturday and it was like, “Ugh, it’s already almost dinner time,” and then nothing. And now it’s getting almost too cold to paint my centerpieces!
What I should do before it gets too cold:
– paint wine bottles
– pick up looking glass paint and test out my DIY mercury glass
– buy more candle holders
– order bags for BM gifts / start on those?
– BM dresses
Argh, and I just realized that we are full on busy this weekend–haunted house Friday night and a wedding Saturday afternoon, which means I won’t get anything done this weekend, either. Boo. This is why I got ahead of myself in planning, though.
Post # 4
Oh I did manage to ask my bridesmaids last month. So I managed to accomplish that. I was planning on waiting to send them a package asking them to be a bridesmaid (with the lace sash they will wear with their dresses) with their save the dates. But I was too impatient to wait for the save the dates. I’m going dress shopping with my MOH (for her wedding dress) this month which is super exciting.
I’m currently gathering materials for my DIY connector necklace and earrings. I messaged a ton of sellers on etsy this weekend to find out pricing and availability of their materials (a lot of them have similar things so it would be a custom order, others listed one of the materials and messaged them to find out if they have more pieces). I’m almost positive that it would be cheaper to DIY, but I figured if it costs about the same I’ll have someone else make it. This is my inspiration necklace (mine will be red and teal instead). I messaged the seller (BouvierJewelry) to see if she can make one in the right colors, but I suspect it will be over budget. I included the link to my inspiration necklace in case anyone else is interested in it.
ETA: I’m also going to try to find groomsmen vests to match Bari Jay’s peacock colored dresses. If you see anything let me know 😉
Post # 5
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
Ee I have a lot of carryover from last month 🙁
- collect addresses for save the dates – I have all of mine but am waiting for FI’s friends, FI’s parents’, and my parents’!!)
- send out save the dates
- call hotels about hotel blocks – I got FI to do this for me hehe 😉
- figure out bridesmaids’ dresses
- decide what we are going to do about table numbers
- design escort cards
- choose bouquet inspiration pics to send to FI’s mom
- keep collecting terrariums, maybe double check how many we have right now
Post # 6
I blocked the hotel room. And I started making mockups of my jewelry because I’m at work and have too much down time.
ETA: I have two so far. I’m having way too much fun.
Post # 8
Almost everything from my Sept list is being carried over but we did get some different things done last month that weren’t even on the list.
- Bought bags, stamp, and paper for OOT Welcome bags
- Had tasting and selected the food options
- Worked on wording for ceremony
- Selected majority of the ceremony music (inlc hiring a cellist to play with our pianist)
- Think I found my father daughter dance song
On the list for October
- Order BM dresses (going this weekend)
- PRINT PRINT PRINT (we bought the ink so just need to spend a day at FI school printing a bunch of stuff for the wedding)
- Send out STD’s (its been on here since Aug so we really need to do it this month)
Post # 9
this month is not as busy because i feel like i have a lot of time but i dont wanna forget anything..
- ordered my wedding dress! (so excited, won’t get here until june)
- book photographer
- book DJ
- start getting addresses of my guest
- keep browsing for BM’s dresses
thats about it, i dont want to get any BM’s dresses or GM tuxes yet because in 10 months, weight can significantly change and some of the guys want to get bigger/ smaller etc. i already picked out my STD and invites so i will order those before the end of the year.
Post # 10
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center
Oh boy. At least it sounds like I’m not the only one with carryover from last month! This month I need to:
- ACTUALLY contact caterers to set up meetings (although I did try to set one up last month with my #1, and found that they wouldn’t be able to provide hot food to our venue…)
- Continue to track down addresses
- Set up Engagement Photos (including all the prep for that… Outfits and such)
- BUY THE DRESS!!!!
- Think about invites and save the dates… Pick fonts specifically
- Figure out how to paint cookie table plates
- Once font is picked, start mocking up signs for various things.
The trouble is, working full time seems to get in the way sometimes, and this month’s weekends are already pretty full and hectic… FI’s, my dad’s, and cousin’s birthdays, Sounders games, Halloween… I want to just take a day off and get all my calls and stuff made!
Post # 11
This month we are gonna work on Addresses for save the dates. First collecting them, then writing them. I was gonna send these out in January which is closer to when The Knot says to do it, but people have already started making vacation plans for next summer! So we moved it up.
That means we also have to get the website done before we send those out. Lots of writing to do!
While we’re getting addresses, I can finally get official ages on the kids we’re inviting so that I know if they are super cheap “Child” meals or the inbetween “Young Adult” meals. That’ll help take out some of the iffy-ness in the budget.
Tomorrow we are meeting with our priest again! We are doing our Catholic Pre-Cana FOCCUS test.
In 2 weeks I am going to meet with the florist that I’d really like to book. I’m really hoping he will be able to create the look I want within my budget.
We’re also gonna take a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond to start our registry.
Other than that – whatever we can get accomplished is bonus. We’ve been doing a really good job of getting things done recently. It’s been going great!
Post # 12
@koi424: When you collect addresses get a phone number or email address at the same time. It will make tracking down RSVPs a lot easier.
Post # 14
@koi424: Have fun! They aren’t trick questions, really… 🙂
Post # 15
@asscherlover: Great advice!! Thank you!
@cajungirl81: I’ve heard some of the questions are kinda funny. I’m looking forward to it! 🙂
Post # 16
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA
Oh my! I don’t have much at all on my list compared to yall.
– look into hotel blocks
– ask caterers final questions and try to nail that down
– ditto with photographers
– harass my friend about sending me the pictures with which I’m making the save the dates
I think that’s it for October!