August 2013 – post wedding to-do's

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
8905 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

UGGGHHHH – thank you for posting this, but seriously, ugh!  This stuff is the worst!

All I’ve done is:

1. turn in marriage license and gotten certificate, after we lost it for 3 days following the wedding, haha – but @elysion:  what do you mean, mail it in?  I haven’t even looked at it yet, so maybe there are instructions to do something with it??
  2. send thank-yous notes and gifts to parents
  3. made a list of gifts for thank-you notes for everyone else
  4. ummmmm…. I think that’s it….  I changed my facebook name and relationship status – does that count for anything?!? 

And I have to do everything else on your list.  (Such a great list btw!)  Health insurance is definitely the #1 priority – I think his is better so I’ll probably switch to it.

What are you going to do about your email address, out of curiosity?  I have one that’s FirstnameMaidenname – I wonder if I should get a new one that’s FirstnameNewlastname, and have the old one forwarded to the new one…..

How’s married life for ya?  We’ve been so busy and traveling a lot (I’m a field biologist, he works long hospital shifts and plays in a very busy band) so we’ve hardly seen each other… But we did have a wonderfully relaxing 4-day minimoon and are pretty much loving being married!  All our friends and family keep telling us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been too!!  😀

Post # 7
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@elysion:  Okay maybe I am the only lazy one who actually wants to use the missnowmrs service online…LOL 

The major thing on my list is to do the Thank-You notes to all of our guests and our vendors. But we were waiting to get our photos back from our wedding photographer because we had a thank-you sign (hopefully the pictures with it in it turned out okay!). I did however give all my wedding vendors great reviews because to be honest they were pretty awesome! =) My DH and I get our wedding photos tomorrow so I am super excited about that! Our photographer is super fast…like ninja fast with her turnaround time! I am a bit behind with the post-wedding stuff to do. Thanks for reminding me! 😉 

It’s funny you get so wound up with all the wedding stuff, it is hard to remember that there are post-wedding things you have to do too! 🙂 

Post # 8
75 posts
Worker bee

oops I posted that twice so I am changing the content of this posting so I don’t repeat myself. 🙂 Sorry about that! 

Post # 10
634 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’ll be coming back to this list! I am still waiting on getting my marriage certificate mailed to me so I can’t really do any official name-changing yet (grr) but I’ve started our thank yous and I get our photos on tuesday so I can print some of those off! I also have to update our wedding website so that people can view all our photos and our video etc. As for the email, I’m currently using two – one with my maiden name and one with my married name.

Post # 11
75 posts
Worker bee

@elysion:  I did them on WeddingWire. I know it really helps their businesses to leave positive reviews! =) 

Post # 13
8905 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@elysion: errrr that’s super weird!

Yeah, being married really isn’t that different over here either – we’ve lived together since 2004 (!), with stints of being elsewhere for work… But as he told me this morning, “everything we do together is just a little better because you’re my WIFE.”  🙂

Post # 14
634 posts
Busy bee

@elysion:  That is so weird! I’ve already printed our announcements with a non-password protected wedsite address so maybe I’ll just post a URL link to a password protected photo album elsewhere on the internet. But thanks for the caution, my DH is super careful about posting personal things on the internet so he’d definitely like to be careful with this!

@lolot:  That’s cute!

Post # 15
132 posts
Blushing bee

omg I really need to start my thank you notes…………crap!

Post # 16
132 posts
Blushing bee

The only good part of getting married in a state that doesn’t recognize gay marriage; I don’t have to deal with any of the name change stuff or really doing anything. 

It’s an upside and a downside, but I’ll take it as an upside as far as stress goes! One less thing to do!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors