Post # 1
Has anyone else started their registry yet? We just started ours today at Bloomingdales (I highly reccomend them because FI did a lot of research to make sure we would get lots of post-wedding benefits from registering there) because I wanted to make sure we had one started before we send out Save the Dates (August 1st because its all OOT guests and we have a long engagement). I’m just curious when you are planning on starting or when you started your registry. Also, how many things have/will you register for and how many people will you have at your wedding. On second thought, heres a questionaire:
- When did/will you register? Today!
- Where did you register? Bloomingdales
- How many items did/will you register for? Today we started with 25, but we plan on doing all of the plates (another 60) online tonight. Supposedly we should register for 250 (Bloomingdale’s reccomendation) but we plan on adding things later as people buy things.
- How many guests are you planning on having at your wedding? We are inviting 200 and expect 165.
Post # 4
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
I can’t really answer anything because I haven’t thought about the registry at all, but can you share what kind of post wedding perks you get with Bloomingdales??
Post # 5
This is a great idea – gives me a good picture and fun to share!
- When did/will you register? December 2012 = Wedding January 2013
- Where did you register? Macy’s & Bed, Bath Beyond
- How many items did/will you register for? about 30 items – mostly dishes, pots & pans, luggage and barware. We have everything else.
- How many guests are you planning on having at your wedding? We are expecting 75 guests!!!
If you are in NYC and need some references & resources, let me know. Good luck!!!
Post # 6
Thats the site that lists them, but in general 10% off everything left on your registry after the wedding for 6 months, $100 gift card if you spend $500 on your registry, if you register in person you get a ton of coupons (30% off of $500 single mens purchase, 20% off of regular priced dresses, 30% off of jewelery and there are others), complimentary monogramming of gifts you received off of your registry (not my thing but some like it). Theres more that I’m not remembering, but basically you get a lot of free stuff/discounts. The only not so great thing is it might be a little more expensive for your guests, since bloomies doesn’t always have the best deals. Its by far the best deal we found for the bride and groom though, and its hard to get a good deal on an entire registry’s worth of items at one store anyways since most stores have somethings discounted and others marked up and you probably want to register for both things.
Post # 7
Ill play, love this little games! 🙂
- When did/will you register? We started in Oct for our engagement party, then added more this past spring but will keep on updating as we go
- Where did you register? Macys and Bed Bath and Beyond. Will also include Sandals for honeymoon 🙂
- How many items did/will you register for? Umm don’t really know. We are just putting on stuff we need/want and will see what we get. I am being pretty selective when we put items on though because I don’t want to get a ton of things we really didn’t need but we will see as time goes on how much we end up with.
- How many guests are you planning on having at your wedding? Looks like we are inviting around 130, I am hoping for 120 or less.
BB&B doesn’t have any special promotions just if you register for certain items or for a ceratin $ amount of a specific brand you get free things. Macys though has a pretty cool perk. If you have a credit card there (which also has a ton of coupons and free stuff) you get 5% of all gifts purchased for you plus 10% of any purchases you make until your wedding and then after they send you a gift card.
Is anyone else doing honeymoon registries?
Post # 8
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
@asscherlover: & @VermontBride13: thanks for detailing the perks!
Post # 9
@asscherlover: Congrats on registering!
- When did/will you register? Got them started online before the Engagement Party. Will do it for real probably in early fall.
- Where did you register? Bed Bath & Beyond and Amazon.com for everything else.
- How many items did/will you register for? So far there’s about 40 items.
- How many guests are you planning on having at your wedding? We are inviting 170 and expect 150ish.
Post # 10
- When did/will you register? Started back in April, I think?
- Where did you register? Target
- How many items did/will you register for? I think we’re up to 85 or so.
- How many guests are you planning on having at your wedding? Inviting ~112 (unless FSMIL throws a fit and wants us to invite her billion other siblings/their kids that we’ve never met). Hoping for about 100.
I go through the Target website every other day or so and add new stuff, or remove things from the registry, remove stuff that’s no longer available, etc.