Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Wedding: August 23rd

RSVP date: July 26th 

Number of invites/invited people: 60 invites, 102 invited 

Goal: 80 

Number accepted: 24 

Number declined: 0

Biggest fear: That people will RSVP with extras (specifically one person), that people we weren’t anticipating will RSVP yes, that it’ll be hotter than balls on the day of

Post # 4
425 posts
Helper bee

Wedding: August 17th

RSVP date: July 1st

Number of invites/invited people: 68 invites/124 invited

Goal: 115

Number accepted: 32

Number declined: 1

Biggest fear: The ones we were counting as no respond yes and that singles respond with a plus one. I’m also hoping old friends who we had to send the invite to respond no because we haven’t seen or spoke to them in month.  

Post # 5
3901 posts
Honey bee

Wedding: August 12th

RSVP date: June 1st (tomorrow!!!)

Number of invites/invited people: 102 people invited. No idea how many actual invitations

Goal: as many as possible 🙂

Number accepted: 71 so far, still waiting to hear from 14 people (7 RSVP cards)

Number declined: 27

Biggest fear: no RSVP fears. General fear about the wedding – that FI’s dad won’t be able to come. He’s got fairly advanced Alzheimer’s and we have all kinds of things in place to make it so he can attend, but I’m afraid he won’t be “well” enough and it will just devastate FI.

Post # 6
459 posts
Helper bee

Wedding: August 31

RSVP date: August 2 (our 5-year dating anniversary, the day I originally wanted for our wedding date)

Number of invites/invited people: 118 invites / 256 invited

Goal: 180

Number accepted: 18

Number declined: 12

Biggest fear: We have 50 rooms in the block at the hotel where we’re getting married, and we’re unable to increase it any more. I hope it’s enough! Most of our guests are out-of-staters, and even family in the area want to stay there overnight.

Post # 7
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Wedding: August 17th

RSVP date: July 17th

Number of invites/invited people: 60/200

Goal: 140

Number accepted: 14

Number declined: 0

Biggest fear: about invites: that people will rsvp that they are not coming, then show up. And vice versa!

Post # 8
425 posts
Helper bee

Just got our first 2 No’s last night 🙁 But on the bright side if they came my parents table would be a little squished so she is happy.

Post # 9
1326 posts
Bumble bee

Wedding: August 24th

RSVP date:  August 1st 

Number of invites/invited people: 31 invites / 62 invited 

Goal: 52

Number accepted: So far 16, sent invites out week or so ago response all done on our website

Number declined: 4 

Biggest fear: That no one will RSVP by the deadline and I’ll have to chase down people. So far it’s looking good, but I have family that are huge procrastinators or don’t RSVP at all. 

Post # 10
3831 posts
Honey bee

Wedding: August 24th

RSVP date: July 24th 

Number of invites/invited people: 57 sent. 93 people invited.

Goal: 70-80

Number accepted: 32 so far

Number declined: 3 (i need like 17 more!!) 

Biggest fear about invites: People will lose them and forget to RSVP. 

Post # 11
447 posts
Helper bee

Wedding: August 23rd

RSVP date: August 1st

Number of invites/invited people: 91 invitations, 170 invited

Goal: 130-150

Number accepted: just sent them out on Friday, and several people called to say they received them already! Hoping to get our first responses back this week.

Biggest fear: about invites: that people realize we aren’t inviting children and we start getting negative feedback about the decision. So far everyone’s been great and said they’re looking forward to a night without the kids, but who knows.

Post # 12
3831 posts
Honey bee

@terpalum10:  HEY FELLOW TERP! Class of 2004 right here! 🙂

We aren’t inviting kids either. We went to the tasting last Thursday and went over some wedding details with the coordinator and when she said “So… let’s talk kids. How many are you expecting?” I said none and she said “Hallelujah!” lol

Post # 13
447 posts
Helper bee

@TaurianDoll:  hey girl heyyyy! Class of 2010 🙂

I attended my cousin’s wedding this past weekend, which had kids galore (four FGs and two RBs, plus guests’ children). Several of my aunts/uncles remarked that they wanted to leave the kids home next time and just enjoy a night out. So I’m hoping not to get too much resistance on the no-kids policy! We’re having an evening wedding, open bar, surrounded by docks and water. Not exactly kid-friendly even if I wanted them there!

Post # 14
3831 posts
Honey bee

@terpalum10:  i don’t blame you. i remember watching bridezillas a couple of years back and a bride held her wedding around a lake. as soon as the ceremony was over, one of the kids ended up in the lake. he was pulled out safely but he was covered in water and mud. she was pissed! all of the attention was turned to the kid and taken away from her. some family complained about her having her wedding near water. seriously?! crazy.

Post # 15
100 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding: August 9th

RSVP date: July 19th

Number of invites/invited people: 85 invites/182 invited

Goal: We would be fine even if everyone RSVPed yes but ideally under 150.

Number accepted: 0 (going out with the mail today)

Biggest fear: That my FMIL gets mad because we didn’t invite any if her friends (FI’s decision not mine, because he doesn’t know any if them and he is paying for all the parts that the groom family ‘tipically’ pays for).

Post # 16
758 posts
Busy bee

Wedding: August 10th

RSVP date: July 5th 

Number of invites/invited people: 92 invites/167 invited

Goal: 135

Number accepted: 0 (just mailed today)

Biggest fear: That we will end up with close to full acceptance and they won’t be able to fit! We only have room for 155 and my mother invited a lot of people at the last minute.

Also I feel super behind, since we just mailed them. It just took way too long to get them all assembled.

The topic ‘AUGUST 2013 RSVP’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors