(Closed) August 2013 – Wedding Bands

posted 5 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

That looks beautiful! The band matches the stone so nicely! I got mine too, need to get it sized but bought it a few months ago. It was so difficult to find a band to go with my ring but found one that was twisted with small diamonds and white gold. I will have to take a picture soon.

Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Yarp!

My e-ring had a matching wedding band, which was part of the reason I picked it.

Post # 5
4653 posts
Honey bee

Yes I do this is my set (stock picture)

And here are mine and Fi’s together mine is so tiny next to his lol

Post # 7
4653 posts
Honey bee

@asscherlover:  Fi bought his without even trying it on and tried to get me to let him guess the size. I ordered a sizer and now he has the right size lol….

Post # 8
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We searched and searched for FI’s ring. He likes very thin rings (like the wall thickness…he wanted a 1mm thick, 6mm wide band), which we had to get custom made. I found a guy on Etsy who could do one in titanium and we both love it.

Post # 9
464 posts
Helper bee

We got ours a few months ago. FI works with his hands so he didn’t want an elaborate ring, so has a yellow gold band; I bought mine first which is gold with milligrain on the edges and a 45-degree wavy pattern in the middle.  We got them engraved on the inside with our initials and the wedding date.

I hope mine will still fit, I’ve noticed that my ring finger has shrunk since I got engaged.

Post # 10
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

My fiance thinks it’s still too early to wedding band shop, but maybe for our anniversary in March we will go!

Post # 11
425 posts
Helper bee

Its never too early, you definitely have time to wait but if you find it now its one less thing to do later. 

And here is a picture of mine (sorry its so small)

FI searched high and low for his band. He had this design in his head but just could not seem to find it anywhere. We would check jewlery stores where ever we were visiting but had no luck. And a lot of places said they could make it BUT he wanted to see it in person first. AND then FINALLY one day in a store near our apartment I went to go buy a new pandora bead and we just looked and she had the one he has been thinking about in the back room and gave us an amazing deal on it!!!

Post # 13
503 posts
Busy bee

OMG @sherryberry: I love that ring.  It’s fantastic.

My fiance and I are going with hammered bands in recycled gold from Brilliant Earth.  Perfect for wearing while hiking and kayaking.  You can’t really “dent” a hammered metal ring! 🙂

Post # 14
3297 posts
Sugar bee

I love the look of the hammered bands 🙂

yay! Thank you for validating my love lol

Post # 15
15 posts
Newbee

We got our rings this fall and I can’t wait to wear mine!  I think both of our bands are pretty unique and really match our personalities.

I chose an Art Deco diamond and white gold eternity band.

I LOVE FI’s ring.  He got a Titanium and Meteorite band.

Post # 16
3297 posts
Sugar bee

I’d love for FI to have a meteorite band, but he’d just balk at the expense 😛 He wants plain gold, no milgrain or anything, just a smooth band.

The topic ‘August 2013 – Wedding Bands’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors