(Closed) August 2013- Wedding trends

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MsPanda:  Hopefully my bridesmaids won’t look like clones either! Apparently my dress is pretty trendy since its a trumpet style and pretty similar to the adore which I know lots of brides have worn recently.

Post # 4
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I didn’t know lace was trendy!  so, here’s what I think are trendy that I’m doing..

• lace dress
  • flats for the reception (also color, not white)
  • lots of diy projects
  • bunting decor (just one thing tho)
  • photobooth
  • not the same dress for bridesmaids
  • printed ties for groomes/bridesmen

@MsPanda:  a bench guestbook sounds super neat!  what style of bench??

Post # 6
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@MsPanda:  The bench sounds so cool!!  Great idea!

Post # 8
425 posts
Helper bee

@MsPanda: The bench is a great idea! That will be something so special to have and remind you of your wedding day! Have you looked into some DIY photo booths? We are thinking about setting up a back drop and then mailing the pictures with the Thank you notes.

@elysion: Can’t wait to see the printed ties! I thought about doing something different with the ties but just think I will use the accent color (green) and have the girls in blue with green flowers.

Umm I am pretty traditional so not really following any wedding trends. I am using mason jars throughout the whole wedding though. Even found these amazing mason jar invites and program fans! 

Post # 10
765 posts
Busy bee

@MsPanda:  We are using a bench for our guestbook too!! I won’t lie I am pretty darn excited about it! And I didn’t copy you, I saw it a long time ago somewhere and fell in love. I love that it will be a part of our house for the rest of our lives.

This was my inspirational photo:

Trends I will be following:

– lace dress.

– colored sash (if champagne counts).

– maybe two dresses (my lace ballgown is heavy), but at the same time I really don’t want to take it off.

– bunting decor (I think, we may change it to wooden signs).

– colored shoes (flats or maybe toms).

– game area for guests who don’t want to dance, with fun facts, and photos, and other personal details.

That’s all I can think of for now, but I think there is more.

Post # 11
332 posts
Helper bee

I LOVE the bench idea! I hadn’t even thought of something more solid like that.  Brilliant.

I still have a LOT of planning to do but out of the things you listed above I’m doing these so far:

• flats for the reception (probably in a color unless I’m blown away by some that match my dress)
  • photobooth (the photographer’s assistant is going to be setting up a fake photobooth with a backdrop, props, etc. and will be taking pictures there while the main photographer takes pictures of the reception)
  • DIY centerpieces
  • games for guests (seen many ideas on pinterest)

Post # 13
707 posts
Busy bee

@MsPanda:  @his chippymunk:  Love the bench idea! That will be such a cool item to have forever!!

Some of the “trends” I’m using are:

• Photobooth & props
  • Colored shoes (I think navy heels for the ceremony and pictures, then navy flats for the reception)
  • Guest games during reception
  • Eiffel Tower flower centerpieces
  • Cupcakes instead of traditional wedding cake

…that’s all I can think of right now!

Post # 14
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

These are great ideas! I’m doing the:

colored sashes

DIY projects for my cocktail table centerpieces, really excited about that.

and flats for the reception not sure what color though maybe dark green since its part of my palette 🙂

The topic ‘August 2013- Wedding trends’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors