August 2014 Brides – What do you still have left to do??

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

ekelso92:  Yay! August 30 here 🙂

Mostly what I have left to do is I need to see our reception venue to choose a menu and decorations, send out my invitations, finalise numbers with the venue, make place cards/table numbers and order the groomsmen’s suits.

I THINK that is mostly everything. We have got a lot under control so I really hope I am not sitting back and relaxing for nothing 😛

Post # 3
1131 posts
Bumble bee

Hmm… find a dress, choose flowers (but we won’t do that til the day before anyway), taste cake, make guestbook, make signs, purchase favor-y things, finalize menu, get marriage certificate, get wedding bands, make fascinator… a lot of things actually!!! :/

Post # 4
183 posts
Blushing bee

August 9th for daughter’s wedding…and it feels like we have everything left to do!! 🙂

We have:

venues for ceremony and reception – DONE

officiant – DONE

all the dresses (attire) – dresses DONE, no undergarments, no jewelry, no shoes, no hair piece (veil/tiara)

grooms (men) attire – groom fitted, all but ONE groomsman has got fitted!! (grrr)

centerpieces – ideas are done and almost all done but making the flowerballs

candy buffet – candy bought, vases bought, still need to make labels and decide how we are going to do the setup

guestbook – friend creating it, still need to buy silver sharpies and cardstock for circles, and need to make a sign

cupcakes – have appointment on June 14th for tasting

flowers – won’t buy until day before or so (how long do roses stay fresh????) only real flowers are the bouquets

buy/rent tables cloths still needs to be done

geesh what am I forgetting???

Post # 5
1432 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in pretty good shape for aug 30. Full disclosure – I have a wedding planner! we just sent out our invites so all that is left is picking some of the music, writting vows, and doing the seatchart, place cards and signage. 

Post # 6
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

In July 26- so basically August!

I still have to make the pew bows and programs for the ceremony

Place cards and photobooth signs

And finish up the girls’ gifts? 

Think that’s it?

Post # 7
1891 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Ignore the wedding date that pops up, I put that up before I nailed down a date… The groomsmen need their attire, cake (the place caught fire, and if it is not all cleaned and fixed up by the end of the month, I will switch to their other location), seating chart (just assigning people to tables), music (no dj, just laptop or MP3 and speakers), purchasing honeymoon items, marriage license (can’t do that until about a month out), purchasing aforementioned speakers and perhaps a microphone, and nothing really major. 

Post # 8
248 posts
Helper bee

ekelso92: Eep! We have a lot to do.

• Settle on a cake
  • Boxes for cake (I’m making them by hand)
  • Favors for guests
  • Book our DJ
  • Bridal acessories (earrings, necklace, shoes)
  • Groom Suit
  • Ties for fathers and brothers
  • Place cards
  • Design guest “book”
  • Design vow book
  • Settle on florist
  • Plan the honeymoon now that we know where we’re going!!!!

I try not to think about it which only makes it worse. =(

Post # 9
497 posts
Helper bee

ekelso92:  we are August 2nd! Pretty close to done actually. Our invites go out next week to friends (already sent to family), then once we have our numbers there are a few things I need to finalize (eg seating, etc) and then we are good to go. Can’t wait!

Post # 10
1197 posts
Bumble bee

my wedding is August 30th, and we still need to send our invitations! other than that:

• FI needs to pick his groomsmen, get theirs and his attire
  • dress alterations
  • hair trial
  • gifts for BMs
  • make favors (we’re doing homemade apple butter)
  • pick first dance song 
  • seating chart
  • vows

MrsBlackCat: raspberrymojito:  date twins:) 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors